Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1042516217062469633?s=21

Thank You Sony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

If they added like hundreds of PS2 games I'd consider it but they kinda just stopped doing those upscaled rereleases. I would've bought drat near every one of those games for 15 bucks, hell I almost did that already. Still have Dark Cloud 2 installed from 2016

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Earlier that year I was looking for a cheap copy of Rogue Galaxy, which at the time was selling for like 80 bucks. I got my PS4 and like a week later they released it for 15 bucks and I was so excited for the future. :reject:

Why did they stop making those? It pisses me off.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

keksimus_maximus.png

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Drawn to Death is one of the worst games ever made, it's insane how every possible detail is completely and utterly poo poo. Everything about it is embarrassing. David Jaffe should hang himself.

David Jaffe dropping out of God of War right after the first game was the best possible thing that happened to that series.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

R. Guyovich posted:

Thank You Sony

EmmyOk posted:

Anyway here’s some cool af executions lol

Lmao again

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

elf help book posted:

despite mocking that game for years now, i had completely forgotten that its title contains the phrase "battle royale"

So did I, WTF. This is like Berenstein Bears

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

elf help book posted:

dukevision costs $5 extra :negative:

Those sneaky pieces of poo poo. I'm glad Pitchford's family got robbed.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Sah-weet. Never played a Yakuza game so I'll be checking it out for sure

Just know that, being a remake of a 2005 PS2 game, it's fairly barebones for a semi-open world (especially in regards to its side quests) but it's still very fun and funny... I was kind of taken aback going into it from Yakuza 0, but I get the impression that I'd actually appreciate it more if I'd played them in reverse order.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

"Guys, PS Vita sales are WAY down! We need to do something drastic to get people buying it, pronto!"
"Hmmm... Why don't we take Borderlands 2 and push that out onto it? That'll get people to buy it."
*years later*
"Guys, PSVR sales are WAY down! We need to do something drastic to get people buying it, pronto!"
"Hmmm..."

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

Two comapnues making epic first party games about sad dads showing their transexual teenage children hoo to give Columbian neckties to a multiethnic cast of zombies. Looks like all brands can dab today, as well as floss.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

elf help book posted:

i love the detail that this is entering a preview program, and the list of compatable games will be released on full release. meaning: we have no idea what games this will break, please test it for us and report back

Thank You Kony

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Sony*

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

There is a new PS4 Message Bug that is going around and leading to consoles getting soft-locked, this is leading to many people resorting to factory resetting their consoles and forced to re-install all their games. This is similar to the iOS message bug that happened a few months ago. There are conflicting reports that just receiving the message is enough to crash the system, but there are reports also stating that the message needs to be opened to cause a crash. For now, Sony has yet to be made aware of the issue and it is highly recommended you set your message privacy settings to “Friends Only”

As this is the only way to protect yourself. It is also advised you delete or unfriend anyone you know who might deliberately indulge in this message chain and soft-lock your console.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/9nselm/warning_set_your_messages_to_private/

Thank You Sony

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Sony’s head of global sales and marketing, Jim Ryan, told Time that he doesn’t see why anyone would play old games given the advancements in fidelity achieved today.

“I was at a Gran Turismo event recently where they had PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 games, and the PS1 and the PS2 games, they looked ancient, like why would anybody play this?”

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

And Borderlands 2

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Cool GBS thread you're cultivating here

QQ.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's time to ignore DQXI, the best game in the past 15 years, because I'm desperate for friends.

I still have my copy, I’ll get to it when I get a PS4.... sometime. Eventually

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Weird Al - Ouya Think I'm Sexy [Rod Stewart parody].mp3

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Based tom cook , parbeet shamlapus or whatever microsofts CEO is called, the theranos sociopath lady, and elon musk dab while kaz hirai does the floss. Sad!

Lmai

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Thank you, Sony, for opting to make E3 2019 a lot less boring and lovely than E3 2018.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

No deals on the PS4 Pro anywhere, apparently. Looks like I’ll hold off on getting one for a while longer. Thank You Sony.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/nitomatta/status/1073314640744964096?s=21

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The summary is, Sony designed a system that can "barely" play its own games. In contrast, the SNES Classic is packing additional power to ensure it can handle its own collection of games.

Thank you Sony

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

What even happened to cool startup animations. The PS4 startup is just a still image of the PlayStation logo with no sound or anything, wtf

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Thats a taste of the same minimalist brilliance that gave us the understrated yet brilliant God of War, Last of Us, and just another note about God of WAr before I go on is that its just one take, they just used one take for that game, and Marvel's Spider-Man. a minimalistically brilliant take on the comic bombast of Spider-Man, not to mention the brilliant God of War and other such titles. Horizon Zero Dawn, in a nutshell.

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

PlayStation Battle Royale 2: 100 dads airdrop onto a map where all their children are dying

Lmfao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

the lesbian teenagers in the tlou2 br mode discuss their favorite sleater kinny album before garoting each other, driving railroad stakes thru each others threads, lobbing off each others limbs etc set to a child whisper singing alanis morisette's Ironic. the winner gets tto see a cutscene of a bearded 35-40 yo man in a fugazi tshirt who says you're my favorite adopted daughter.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I’m really dreading the day they shut down the online servers the servers for the PS3/360 and most of the games from that entire gen are rendered broken and unplayable forever because the day one patches/bugfixes/expansions/etc can’t be downloaded

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The Xbox is so huge, even Gaben has trouble digesting one.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

The Oregon Trail but you’re trying to cross the Xbox controller to press black

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Interstellar (2014): In desperation, humankind sends a team of astronauts through a wormhole in a last-ditch effort to make Sam Fisher crouch.

Lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Thank You Sony

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

This guy is the president of Sony’s game division now lol. PS5 finna 🅱️ litty

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Doesn’t Sony have some kind of not-Nintendo Direct thing today?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It’s probably going to just be an hour of Days Gone.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

Completely unrelated but Apple announced it's also "getting into gaming" with some stupid loving subscription service, but it looks like Wayforward's new game is gonna be exclusive to it. Lame!

I heard it’s a timed exclusive. Still sucks

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Furry Diablo lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011