Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
The combat wasn't like Hearthstone at all, was it? Seemed pretty straightforward turned based JRPG with the gem management tacked on (which reminded me of something like BP in Octopath Traveler)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Kevin Kenson got the OLED Switch like two weeks early.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlADd4Mol08

I appreciate his videos, mostly because he's just upfront about being a Nintendo fanboy. Which, yes, I am as well.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

ImpAtom posted:

Samus Aran has never hunted a single human being unless you count weird clones of herself.

What about *the Deleter*

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Voice of Cards does seem pretty cool, mostly thematically, but I do not like the narrator's voice which with this particular game might be a deal breaker.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Voice of Cards does seem pretty cool, mostly thematically, but I do not like the narrator's voice which with this particular game might be a deal breaker.

I got first person dungeon crawler vibes off it but with a DM narrating every step. The demo was enough for me i think, but it is Yoko Taro so there could be some crazy poo poo I will really enjoy later.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Bofast posted:

Isn't it the first PM game where you also get accused of murder? That was a bit of a curveball :D

Bumpties always get embroiled in murder mysteries

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I got first person dungeon crawler vibes off it but with a DM narrating every step. The demo was enough for me i think, but it is Yoko Taro so there could be some crazy poo poo I will really enjoy later.

I kept waiting for the other pin to drop, the demo felt almost excessively cliche like it’s gonna go off the rails later. That might have partially been influenced by knowing that Taro is involved but the cliffhanger they leave you on is just as cliche DRAGONS.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Sorry but it turns out Metroid is actually going to get you.

Hope you didn't need that precious energy.
:ohdear:

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Just repaired both joy cons with their horrendous drift and I feel super proud of myself. Great value for $10 (of course I shouldn't have to do it at all!)

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

ImpAtom posted:

Samus Aran has never hunted a single human being unless you count weird clones of herself.
She was a member of the military and she's a bounty hunter, of course she's killed humans

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:geno:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That sure isn't worth the $250 it costs in my local EB games upgrade deal

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I'm not gonna buy it because my launch switch is still going strong and I play handheld so it's already 6 inches from my face

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

My og switch turns off at random times. I don't think it's a heating thing, because I've both heard the fans turn on high when needed, and it didn't seem to be super hot when it turned off. It just... Stops, once in a while. Goes to sleep rather than fully shuts down, and this only happens (so far) when docked.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

DC Murderverse posted:

I kept waiting for the other pin to drop, the demo felt almost excessively cliche like it’s gonna go off the rails later. That might have partially been influenced by knowing that Taro is involved but the cliffhanger they leave you on is just as cliche DRAGONS.

That's probably by design, they want to get people hooked so they go "Okay, it's Yoko Taro, so there's gotta be a crazy twist at some point, what could it be?" I know I didn't care about the game when I was watching the Direct until they namedropped him and then I went "Oh okay, this is worth checking out."

It's like if they namedropped Yuzo Koshiro doing the music for a game, I might not have cared about it before but if I hear his name mentioned I'm at least going to look up the soundtrack.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I could tell just from the music in the trailer that Yoko Taro was involved.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

eXistenZ 64

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Isaac's controller was gross, but even worse were the preset bindings.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37OWL7AzvHo

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Are the OLED's thumbsticks smaller? They look smaller.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Call me crazy but I don't think you're actually supposed to buy a SwOLED if you have a Switch already

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Amorphous Abode posted:

There’s caps on the og in that pic

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I can't stop looking at it! What the heck is this?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Amorphous Abode posted:

The have one of those stick grips on the normal switch

E:fb

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Darth TNT posted:

The N64 controller

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Differences in screen quality really impossible to show in photos. I'm sure the OLED screen looks much better in person.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I was mainly interested in the OLED because of the screen size increase but it doesn’t look that impressive

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Darth TNT posted:

did you not have an n64 as a kid?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

did you not have an n64 that fed off of your fears and secrets as a kid?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
My switch is making...noises. I think something may be loose inside of it - whenever the fan spins up, it's almost like a rattling, or high-pitched whinng noise.

I assume the Nintendo warranty is only for like a year or so, right? So either I play it until it craps out on me or I open it up to see if I can spot what's happening? Either way during a chip shortage is not an ideal time for this to happen.

On the plus side, maybe I'll end up getting an Swoled after all.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Morpheus posted:

My switch is making...noises. I think something may be loose inside of it - whenever the fan spins up, it's almost like a rattling, or high-pitched whinng noise.

I assume the Nintendo warranty is only for like a year or so, right? So either I play it until it craps out on me or I open it up to see if I can spot what's happening? Either way during a chip shortage is not an ideal time for this to happen.

I've had this for years now, it's fine. I'd say it's just a slightly misaligned fan

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Morpheus posted:

aren't regular switches still not too hard to find? i went to my best buy a week or two ago and they still had some in stock.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Morpheus posted:

You can take the back plate off by removing like 6 screws and clean/lubricate the fan yourself in about 15 minutes if you're adventurous.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They’re on the Nintendo refurb site for $260 if you need a red box one for cheap that’s pretty much new.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

You can take the back plate off by removing like 6 screws and clean/lubricate the fan yourself in about 15 minutes if you're adventurous.

This is good to know, because I likely have to clean the fan on mine.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Willo567 posted:

aren't regular switches still not too hard to find? i went to my best buy a week or two ago and they still had some in stock.

They're pretty easy to find right now, and I think it has to do with the OLED model coming out imminently.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Johnny Joestar posted:

did you not have an n64 as a kid?
My brothers did, but I don't think they got it from the Far Realm.

Morpheus posted:

I agree that if it's a rattling noise there's a good chance that something got inside and is interfering with the cooling fan. Not really the best situation for a piece of electronics. May not be something loose, might just be a bit of detritus from around your house. Does the Switch rattle when you pick it up and move it around? You could try to blast it with a can of compressed air and see if that stops the noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I replaced the backplate of mine with an atomic purple see through piece a few months ago and the other day I noticed two black cat hairs had made their way into the vent part and now I am forced to clean them out this weekend :argh: