Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I own D3 on PC and PS4, am I wrong for wanting it on the Switch now? For those of you that have double or triple dipped, how are you liking it on the Switch compared to other versions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

bushisms.txt posted:

If you don't have a grip for the switch, I have to recommend the satisfye. It's so comfortable, plus, my joycons are loose on the rail and disconnect in handheld all the time, but the construction of the grip keeps them snug and connected. My pinkies would go numb holding it, but now it feels like I'm holding a sleek wii u gamepad. Also the case it comes with is pretty good, so get the bundle.

Have a reason to buy that dpad horicon now.

I looked at the website, not too close I admit, but couldnt tell if it fit in the dock. I have one that I love, but it is way to bulky for the dock and my Switch creaks like Im about to break it in two when I take it off so I rarely use it.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

bushisms.txt posted:

It does not fit in the dock unfortunately, but it comes off so easy, it's not needed. It's construction is pretty advanced compared to other grips, you should check out a comparison video. It's made the switch a lot more accessible for me.

Also it's very easy to get in and out of the grip. It's deceiving how snug it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGJbUtpFm64

I played a couple of hours of Warframe today and it convinced me that I did need a grip to play undocked for an extended period so I ordered one of these from Amazon. Thanks for the suggestion. I was looking at the Skull and Co one as well but this seemed like the better option for the issues I have with my wrist and hands.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

That satisfye grip is pretty great. I can play without destroying the big joint in my thumb now within ~20 minutes! I still have some wrist and forearm pain, but I suspect that’s more from work stuff (though playing switch certainly doesn’t help matters, even with the grip)

It sucks getting old. My entire arm and wrist goes numb from time to time.. I have a doctor appointment coming up but im pretty sure that she is just going to say my job is destroying your body.

loudog999 fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Nov 21, 2018

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Here is the page with Switch deals. I think I'm finally going to buy Doom for the third time.

https://happyholidays.nintendo.com/cyber-deals/#nintendo-switch

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Just called my wife to interrupt her thanksgiving shopping to run to Walmart. For anybody interested, Diablo is still $17. She said the guy checking here out was surprised by the price but sold it anyway.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

BisterdDave posted:

Super Mario U Deluxe is at a decent price on Amazon, so I went ahead and preordered it. I never played it on the Wii U, but if my wife and I enjoyed playing New Mario Bros on the Wii, will we also like this one?

What was the price? I'm showing it's unavailable.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Hopefully it comes back in stock cause I'll pick it up for that. One more reason to finally retire my Wii U to the box of forgotten consoles I keep.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I don't think Ive posted since getting my Satisfye grip in, but if you are on the fence about it I would say get it. It has helped reduce the fatigue in my wrist that I was getting from playing undocked and just makes playing more comfortable. It takes a bit to get used to the one side being bigger than the other, but I have had no complaints after the initial 30 minutes or so it took me to grow accustom to it. Its easy to put on and take off so the fact that it doesnt fit the dock isnt really an issue. I may try the Skull and Co grip at some point in the future, but for now I am happy enough with this one to wait.

Edit: Oh yeah, the little rubber nubs that come with it are garbage, go ahead and trash those because they arent worth the time it takes to cram them on the joy con sticks.

loudog999 fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Dec 4, 2018

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Oh wow, didn't think I'd be able to find that online, outside of browsing via the actual Switch. Thanks!

I wonder if my 4 year old will get a kick out of any of these. He's still rocking the free version of Super Mario Run :smug:

Hey, speaking of young kids playing Switch, I want to get Breath of the Wild soonish and obviously I know that there are likely very scary parts in it, but overall, how much of it is terrifying enemies and demons and whatnot, and how much is just 'run around and play, maybe hit a guy or six'?

My 5 year old was too scared to watch me play BOTW but she loved playing Mario Odyssey herself, just put it on the easy mode. She had played a lot of Mario Kart as well, the auto steer and acceleration helps. Also this new coloring book game that just came out that she likes. It was free but I'm sure there are iaps.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Does the Satisfye grip seem bulky at all? It seems nice to have around the house, but I'm wondering if I'd want to travel with it or take it to work since it's wider than the console itself and has little nubs and things on the bottom (also needs a new case).

It is bulky so it probably wouldn't travel well. I don't have the case that they make for it but from the pictures I've seen it looks as big as a suitcase.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I really need to get a portable battery for my Switch, I'm trying to bing MST3K in bed while playing Diablo on my day off and already ran out the battery.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Am I supposed to be dying this much in Doom... I played it a bit ago on PS4 and it seemed to be easier. Maybe it just will take me a little longer to get used to the motion controls

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

For those of you that play Doom in hand held mode. What control scheme and sensitivity settings have you found the best?

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Im a moron that just ruined my 8bitdo controller by trying to cram the wrong charging cable in it.. so watch out for that. On a more positive note, I am really impressed with Doom and cant stop playing it even though I kind of bounced off it on both PS4 and PC. Also, for those of you that bought the Sega collection, are you happy with it? I read that it is missing a couple of games that were included on the PS4 version but Im not sure if it is worth losing the portability for have those games included.

Edit: I also ruined one of my switch charging cables trying to fix the 8bitdo. So tonight was not my night

loudog999 fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Dec 12, 2018

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Does anyone know just how much mobile data playing season mode on Diablo is going to suck up? My internet is out with no estimated repair time and I was really wanting to level up my season character a bit before bed so I thought about tethering to my phone. I can only do that online, correct?

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

overdesigned posted:

You can play seasons characters completely offline. You only have to be online to create them; once that's done you can disconnect. You just won't submit to any leaderboards while you're offline.

Ok, that helps. I have Spectrum so who knows when it will come back up. Thanks.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I should not have played Diablo before bed last night. Ended up staying up until 3 and am paying for it today. I got my character up to level 26. Am I supposed to get him to 70 before the season ends? If so, what does that get me?

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

homeless snail posted:

If you press uh like left on the dpad I think, you bring up the season journey, which is a series of challenges associated with the season split into 9 chapters. If you complete the first four chapters you get a set of class armor, which is normally kind of hard to get, plus a pet and a seasonal portrait frame. Getting to 70 is just one of the challenges in I think chapter 2, the first four chapters are mostly just about beating a bunch of bosses, upgrading your merchants, and then dipping your toes into the postgame, nothing too hard.

Ok, thanks. I guess I get this stuff once the season ends? Sorry for all the Diablo questions, if I should move this into the Diablo thread let me know.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

How is The Mega Man X collection on Switch? I read a review that said it had slow down issues, is that true? I have some eshop credit from Christmas and either want that while it's on sale or Celeste.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Zibidibodel posted:

It doesn't have "slowdown issues" it has true-to-original slowdown in the same places the SNES version slowed down. I highly recommend it.

Ok, that's what I was hoping was the case when reading the review but wanted a second opinion. Thanks

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I'm not sure this is a spoiler for Diablo 3 but just in case I just killed Diablo and was ready to move on to another game. How much more do I have in the campaign?

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

Reminder that you don’t have to do the campaign on the switch version of diablo. I’d recommend doing it once just to say you did if you never played it on another platform, but you can skip straight to adventure mode if you want to

Yeah, that’s what I’m doing since I never played it before. May try to power through this last act tonight then move on.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I lost the cord that came with my pro controller. Can I just pick any usb c from amazon or is there a recommended one that won't brick my controller?

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

So I just defeated the final boss in Diablo campaign and am seeing a message that the season is over on the title screen. Should I wait until the next season starts to start Adventure mode? Also, whats another fun character to use. I was using the Barbarian but by the end of the game I was just whirl winding killing everything in my path.. it wasnt much of a challenge and I had it on hard, which I heard was more of a normal difficulty. Im thinking the ranged guy or Necro.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

You can mess about in Adventure mode for now to get the hang of how it works before the season starts, but the new season starts in like 10 days and massively rebalances a lot of characters and you might want to start again. You can use your current character for Adventure for now I believe to at least see how it works, new seasons require a brand new character.

In Adventure mode you basically change the difficulty as you get better stats to drop better loot - so you start on normal, quickly bump it up to hard then master etc. It's not like a normal game where you choose "Hard" because you want a challenge, you should constantly be increasing difficulty if you can.

When a new season starts, you can get 1 free set by completing the challenges which is usually a very big power boost so it's worth starting a new character with a new season.

Ok, Ill try that. Ill mess around in Adventure for a couple of days and then start either a necro or dh when the new season starts. I feel kind of guilty getting this game for the price error at walmart.. it was worth paying more then $17 for the amount of fun Ive had with it.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

C.M. Kruger posted:

I got this as a gift from a relative and it's great, very comfortable and you can switch between a "smooth" grip versus one with a more pronounced nub/finger rest/whatever.

Only complaint is that it's kinda snug getting it into the dock, which makes docking it slightly harrowing. Though on the other hand I guess this offsets my fear of the cats knocking over the dock and it falling out.

The hard case it came with is also quite nice, plenty of space for accessories and so on, and the Switch itself gets stored between two padded sections that have a valcro strap.

Does the rubber cover the trigger buttons on the Switch. I have a 3ds cover that does and don't like the way it feels. I have the satisfye grip and love it, but being able to dock without taking the grip off would be nice.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Zarlog posted:

There's the Darkening of Tristram event going on right now until the end of this month. Don't know all the special loot, but I got a new pet from my first run. You can find it on the Adventure mode Act 1 map. And the low res graphics in that area are intentional.

I will forever stick with my chicken pet but I may give it a shot to see if any other special loot drops.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Policenaut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX50ZAjlskU

I guess this'll be the... sixth time I've bought Dragon's Dogma?

It will be only the fourth for me. Maybe this time I will get around to playing it.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

For anyone that has the Satisfye grip, I got this today and so far it has worked. It is allowing me to "dock" without taking the grip off. Who know if my poo poo will catch on fire after a week but for now its working great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072LWBYDV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Man I don't remember Megaman X being this hard. It took me three hours last night to clear armadillo, the spark guy, the bird, Chill Penguin, and Launch Octopus. The majority of the time I was fighting the mid boss on the Launch Octopus stage. Granted, I never played the original but did finish the PSP remake, so maybe they made that one easier.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

It was, PSP hard mode is the same as normal SNES.

That explains it, it was the first time I've punched the couch in frustration in a long time.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

The apple should buy Nintendo thing is especially dumb considering the backlash in Japan if the company was sold to a foreign entity. It'd be like selling Samsung to Tencent or vice versa.

Chill penguin counters spark mandrill who counters armordillo, making the latter two almost free as a result. They're annoying otherwise.

I should have went in knowing the weakness of each boss but after killing chill penguin with the buster I got cocky. It really helped to find out that armadillos weapon kills that drat fan whale before he can suck you into the tiny spike pit on the launch octopus stage.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Im interested in the 8bitdo adapter to use my DS4 with the Switch. Are there any drawbacks to it? Do you guys recommend it? I was using the 8bitdo pro controller for 2d games until I broke it. I prefer the DS4 d pad to the joycon and pro controller and the adapter is cheaper than a replacement for that.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Foehammer posted:

Only drawback is that it can't wake the Switch from sleep, so you still need a right joycon nearby.

e: yes I reccomend it

Ok, thanks. Im getting one. I play on my monitor so waking up from sleep is not an issue since Im on top of the Switch anyway.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I'm about to preorder Dragons Dogma and am not sure why. I own it on PS3, Steam, and PS4 and the only one I have put over an hour in is when I first got it on PS3. Somebody talk me out of this.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Why? Game is good. Portable is good. Switch is good.

God dammit, you guys make really good points. I placed the order.

Stan Taylor posted:

Get a different game instead

Don't worry, ill probably do that as well

Edit: I think the other times I tried to play it I was just overwhelmed with all the min maxing stuff that was possible. Hopefully this time I can follow along with the beginning of the Switch thread to help ease me into it

loudog999 fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Mar 16, 2019

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I've played about an hour of Turok and have enjoyed it so far. It feels like my guy is running at the speed of light though, and I had to crank the gyro controls all the way up before I found them helpful. I only played a few minutes of the original at a friends house when it first came out. Are you guys saying that I should or should not turn the fog on?

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Mak0rz posted:

The remaster's FOV is higher than the original and it makes forward and backward movement seem absurdly fast. I had to turn it down when I played it on PC a couple of years ago.

Oh, the first thing I did was make sure it was cranked as high as possible. I'll turn it down when I play again tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Do people think gyro aiming is really just flailing around using it as your primary way of aiming? Or do they realize you use the sticks as primary aiming and just fine tune with the gyro?