Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
I was so certain Rex was going to release the shield in the hanger bay and space his brothers. That would have been so brutal. I'm glad he didn't.

The droids were great in this episode. I'm glad they recovered R7's chassis. Cheep was a fun look at how Chopper probably looked, before he was damaged and rebuilt by Hera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

teagone posted:

Lucasfilm has been pretty tightlipped about Rosario's casting. It was only announced she was going to appear in S2 back in March, which was also when they wrapped filming. I could see it being possible that they cast Rosario fairly late in the game and maybe scheduling conflicts prevented her flying out to wheverever they were shooting. Once they wrapped, I'm guessing she couldn't film her scenes/cameo/whatever due to COVID ramping up at the time.

Honestly I'm really hoping they recast her... it feels so gross to have a transphobe playing one of my favourite Star Wars characters. :(

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

twistedmentat posted:

Wait i didn't hear about this, what happened? She went all JK Rowling or something?

https://www.them.us/story/dedrek-finley-accused-rosario-dawson-workplace-discrimination

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

There is still rumor of Rex showing up eventually, which would give us more hot, hot Temuera Morrison action.

Don't clones age twice as fast as humans? He was already grandpa age during Rebels, another decade later and he'll be near-death. :(

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Oh please, his eyes weren't even open. He was having a nap.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
It seemed real obvious to me that Omega is supposed to be the last of the enhanced Jango clones to be produced - hence the name, accent, and her still being a child. Plus it's heavily implied by Nala Se that Omega isn't just an enhanced clone, but is specifically affiliated with Clone Force 99.

She definitely has more going on with her though. My personal theory is Nala Se has hidden classified evidence about Order 66 within her to use as a bargaining chip against the Empire, and she's programmed to release it when triggered. Alternatively (or additionally), she may contain a backup of all the Kaminoans' medical knowledge in case their facility/society is wiped out.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
I wonder what the significance of Omega removing her hair thingy was? Was it just her acknowledging her new situation, or does it hold some sentimental significance? Perhaps a happy memory of spending time with Nala Se?

Regardless, I like her without it, she looks a lot more comfortable and relaxed. I'm seeing the Fett family resemblance more too. She could effortlessly pass as Boba's sister.

I'm glad they got the chip stuff out in the open so quickly. I figured Omega knew about them (given the moment between her and Crosshair last episode). Wasn't expecting Tech to have figured it out though. That scene was an elegant way to establish Rex's status as a free/renegade clone too.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I doubt she’s force-sensitive because that’s too close to Mando & Grogu, but maybe she’s just telepathic or super perceptive or something along those lines.

Or maybe Jango wasn’t the only human donor sample the Kaminoans used and Omega is actually the first in a line of new clones.

"What shall we name this girl, first in a new line of clones?"
"How about Omega? It's Greek for 'last in a series'."
"Perfect! Also, who are the Greek? I'm not familiar with that species."

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Moon Slayer posted:

For real though, having a large, vocal fan base, and Filoni getting more and more clout at Disney for continuing to print them money.

Still a major shame that people missed out on this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UwklEWJvmg

On the one hand, a scene with them diving into Ahsoka's decision to leave the Order would have been good. But in the context provided, the dialogue about Anakin being a failure and disappointment is a little too on the nose for my liking. Especially for season 7.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Why on earth would the Empire discharge 100% unconditionally loyal clones from their service, let alone grant them rights as citizens? Even if they're no longer physically suited to be soldiers it feels more likely they'd end up working in a mine or something until they're completely used up.

By the time of Rebels I could buy that nobody in the Empire cares about the small handful of rogue/faulty clones any more, with the rest of their kind presumably having expired some years earlier.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Some Clones were kept on as Trainers for Imperial recruits. Rex was offered that Job.

What's the source for this? I have a feeling it might not fit into canon any more, since we know he deserted and is on the run from the Empire right now.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Dave Syndrome posted:

Any bets on who the Martez' contact is? Probably someone like Bail Organa, but knowing Filoni, that would be too much of a copy of Rebels.

My money's on Ahsoka. After all, they have a pre-existing relationship.

(spoilers for future episodes) Also hasn't it been confirmed we'll see Ahsoka and Rex at some point this season?

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

fartknocker posted:

I think almost any of the regular characters from Clone Wars would know of a tactical droid, as they weren’t much of a secret and showed up regularly. Since we’ve already seen Saw earlier in the show, I’d say that Rex, Ahsoka, or Bail are the most likely options of someone who needs info to fight back, but really anyone who winds up against the Empire down the line could be a choice.

It's highly probable Rex and Ahsoka are still travelling and working together this soon after the formation of the Empire, right?

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Good to see that what we all suspected about Crusher's headaches was corrent.

It's so frustrating they're dragging it out though.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Moon Slayer posted:

I'm guessing the order of operations will go Wrecker gets worse, they find Rex, Rex tells them the chips can be removed, they take theirs out, they grab Crosshair and take his out.

I figure they already know how to remove them - Omega and Echo/Tech could probably do it with access to a medical facility.

The only reason they haven't prioritised it is because they think their chips are sufficiently mutated/damaged to protect them from the Order 66 programming.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Larryb posted:

Does Omega even have a chip herself or was she made differently (I assume the latter what with her being the only female clone and all)?

I expect she at least has some sort of chip, since shes so important to the Kaminoans. Probably something to make her return to them (when necessary) and another command to fulfil whatever purpose they wanted her off-world for in the first place.

My personal theory on the latter is she contains all the data on Order 66 and Palpatine's shenanigans.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
It's okay for people to not have the same relationship to a show as you, and to just watch it casually. It doesn't mean they should be made to feel bad for it.

Also, neurodiverse people exist and the same applies to them.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
I hear Crosshair's VA is pretty busy these days so he probably wouldn't have been available for every single episode.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Yeah, that was the joke - that he's too busy playing all the other clones to have time for Crosshair. 🙂

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
I've been listening to A More Civilized Age (Clone Wars podcast) and a few times they've mentioned things Filoni or other creatives have said about the making of the show, or about certain characters or decisions.

I really enjoyed that documentary series about the making of The Mandalorian, and I'd love to watch/listen to more stuff like that, but for Filoni's animated works. Is there anything like that for TCW/Rebels? Do commentary tracks exist on certain releases/streaming platforms?

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Teek posted:

I think it's all been interviews after the fact, articles on the official site and some compendium guides. Let me take a look at my disks for actual commentaries...

TCW Movie: "A Creative Conversation Video Commentary"
Season 1-3: BTS featurettes with Director and Crew
Season 4: Select Video Commentaries
Season 5: Video Commentaries on all 20 episodes
Season 6: A BTS feature

Oh, thanks! I'll have to see if they're available independently of the DVD/Blu-rays. It's annoying they're not included as extras on D+. :(

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Well hello there...

https://www.youtube.com/user/mranderson00001/playlists

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Aw, I did want it to be Ahsoka but it does make sense for it to be Rex. And I bet that was Ahsoka he was talking to near the end.

I loved that Rex immediately gave them hell for knowing about the chips but making no effort to remove them. You could tell if they'd refused to make it a priority he'd be shooting his way out and probably taking Omega for her own safety.

Seems weird Hunter didn't want to know more about Rex's offer considering the alternative is Cid continuing to rip them off. I'm sure they'll take him up on it eventually though. Makes you wonder how this series will end though, since none of the Bad Batch were active members of the Rebel Alliance 10 years later... and none of them were with Rex either.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

swickles posted:

When I first saw her, I kind of thought that Omega looked and dressed like Mon Mothma. My wild theory is that is who she grows up to be.

We see Mon Mothma (as an adult) in several episodes of Clone Wars, so Omega is definitely not her.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Cross-Section posted:

Honestly, with the emphasis Hunter was placing on doing the "right thing" for Omega and his squad, I wouldn't be surprised if the solution here would be them simply loving off to parts unknown when the heat comes down

They're going to catch a ride with some space whales to a nice farm in upstate Unknown Regions where they can run and play and be free.

Then ten years later Ezra and Thrawn crash land in their backyard. Omega, being different from other clones, actually ages more slowly. She and Ezra fall in love and get married (with Thrawn as celebrant). They have a baby (Mon Mothma) who they send back in time via the World Between Worlds.

Thank you for reading my Bad Batch/Rebels crossover fanfic.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

fartknocker posted:

Wookiepedia has her appearing in about 15 episodes, although to be fair I don’t remember her in the titles of the episodes I recognize. :shrug:

She's often hanging around with Bail Organa, especially during episodes where he's working with Padme on Senate/diplomatic stuff. I'm in the middle of a rewatch but I can't recall whether she even speaks in any episodes she's in.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Larryb posted:

Like I said, I have a feeling there’s still something in the kid’s head that’s going to bite the group in the rear end one day.

It's called a mouth.

(Sorry, couldn't resist 🤣)

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Cheesus posted:

"Actually, Rex is the guy with the beard on Endor!" Is such a ham fisted official retcon, I don't know how you can possibly believe what you wrote.

Uh, what are you talking about? I was talking about Rebels.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Cheesus posted:

I apologize for the snarky response.

Even if Filoni's Nik Sant/Rex comments didn't come off to me like a Giorgio Tsoukalos meme, that everyone else seems to be a around in the OT era, I don't know why the Bad Batch wouldn't be.

Furthermore, given that their mutations make them not look like "regs" I can totally see Filoni engineering a live action appearance in the Mandalorian/Book of Boba Fett/Ahsoka era.

Sure, they could certainly still be alive in the OT era... I'm just curious to see how Filoni & co justify them not being involved with the Rebel Alliance (or even referenced/contacted by Rex) during the Rebels/OT years.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Larryb posted:

Come to think of it, while I still have yet to finish that show (so correct me if I’m wrong) I don’t think the Bad Batch turns up at all in Rebels onward. Which makes me kind of wonder what’s going to happen to them by the end of the current series.

:sigh:

jassa posted:

Makes you wonder how this series will end though, since none of the Bad Batch were active members of the Rebel Alliance 10 years later... and none of them were with Rex either.

jassa posted:

Sure, they could certainly still be alive in the OT era... I'm just curious to see how Filoni & co justify them not being involved with the Rebel Alliance (or even referenced/contacted by Rex) during the Rebels/OT years.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Larryb posted:

So we had the same concern, big deal.

Besides, for all we know they could be involved with a separate Rebel faction we never ran into or are retired and living off the grid by the time of the OT as mentioned above.

I'm not trying to be a jerk but it was literally the active topic of conversation.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Oh, now that's a character I didn't expect we'd ever see again! Though the character I really want to see in that show is Ventress. Perhaps she'll show up in Kenobi instead. The two of them always had great chemistry together.

(Yes I know Ventress is supposed to be dead, but I refuse to believe it until I see it on-screen.)

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Larryb posted:

So they’re neither using her voice actress nor the woman who played her in The Mandalorian for this? Seems odd but it could work.

At what point in the series is the Ahsoka show meant to take place?

I think you're getting mixed up. This is about a different character appearing in the Ahsoka show. They're not recasting the character of Ahsoka herself.

Everything I've heard puts the Ahsoka show in the same time period as The Mandalorian.

Also I recommend we all use spoiler tags for any further discussion on the casting spoiler...

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Edit: No longer relevant

jassa fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 15, 2021

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Sounds like a flashback given the stated age.

AFAIK we don't know how fast/slow Mirialans age.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Larryb posted:

When’s that Visions show coming out again? And I’m still not entirely clear what it’s supposed to be, just some random vignettes from across the SW universe or something?

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=Star+wars+visions

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
I'd love for it to be Hondo.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

The sound of the ion engine firing up was also wonderful ear candy.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

fartknocker posted:

I believe the Kaminoans referred to her as such a few times, including in today’s episode.

They also referred to Omega as their contingency plan - further cementing my theory she carries proof of Palpatine's involvement & the Order 66 programming.

Between that and the reveal that they're behind the bounty hunters, I can't help but wonder why they (or Nala Se anyway) helped Omega leave with the BB in the first place. Were they just seizing an opportunity to get her off Kaminoa? Are the bounty hunters being employed to deliver her to an off-world location for safekeeping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Teek posted:

My hope for the story, would be Boba is brought back into the mix as someone with connections to Bane, they then integrate the unfinished TCW arc into BB, ending with Bane getting killed, and the Kaminoans having to initiate a rebellion when the Empire finally has no more use for them. That then serves as the season 2 plot arc.

I mean, the Kaminoans have several bounty hunters after Omega. It's feasible Bane could be intercepted by Boba, Ventress, Greedo, Fennec and others on his way to handing in Omega.