Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.
I started watching this show last week, and I loving in love it. It's just... balls to the walls crazy, and I guess I'm into that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Propaganda Machine posted:

Hey sports fans, if one likes Riverdale a lot and finds horror boring, would they enjoy Sabrina?

I found it a bit on-the-nose in regards to characterization, but it's not bad. Try the first ep and see if you're into it?

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

This show is a beautiful fever dream.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I'm hoping Cheryl and Toni are also IRL hooking up.

Apparently they're BFF.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Betty might be the best girl for Archie, but Archie isn't the best boy for her.

Or anyone really.

Hiram/Archie or bust.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

esperterra posted:

Though I know Bughead is endgame, the true best end would be after 7 or so seasons of an Archie/Betty/Veronica love triangle the girls just say gently caress that dope and run away together b/c the truest of loves is clearly sapphic

but im also incredibly gay so this could be a lifetime of wishful archie comics thinking

Meanwhile, I'm hoping RAS fulfills his dreams of gay Archie in NY. He's playing the long con, baby!

https://creativeloafing.com/content-180708-Theater-Review%E2%80%94Arch-humor

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Shoehead posted:

The guy they got to do teen Hiram fuckin nailed his weird speech pattern.

That's his IRL son!

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

cant cook creole bream posted:

"You know how you imitate the speech patterns your dad uses on television to mock him. Do that professionally, please."
It kinda feels like this is nepotism, since he only got the gig because of who his father is. On the other hand, he's probably the person most fitted for the job.

More for the nepotism file: his IRL wife is going to play a character later in the season.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

I am not a 16 year old nerd playing games!

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

MorgaineDax posted:

Does anyone have a theory about the seizures? When Josie had hers, I was thinking some of the adults were drugging their food and drinks with a poison to build up their tolerances to protect them from the poison fresh-aid. But then I remembered Ethel had a seizure and were her parents even involved at all?

Evelyn's gotta be involved. She's been at the scene at both Ethel and Josie's seizures, and she might have been around for Betty's too.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

trash person posted:

There will be at least most of a season that have Archie and Betty as a couple.

Probably season 4

God, I hope not. I don't have a problem with Jughead and Betty breaking up (even if they are cute together) , but it would be such a letdown if she ended up with Archie. They've both moved on by now.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Archie is so loving stupid.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

esperterra posted:

He really is lmao, I love how consistent it is tho and I want them to continue leaning into it.

Yeah, him bringing a pair of gardening shears to a gunfight was a series highlight. I'm not even kidding. Shine on you useless diamond.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Binary Logic posted:

Archie says of the farm, "There's something about this place that makes me feel at home". He didn't grow up on a farm, his father's always been in construction and he's always lived in Riverdale?! What a bizarre thing to say.

Maybe he's a just a huge Smallville fan!

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Zane posted:

i yell irl at my tv constantly when i watch this show. it's a good ol time. haven't been yelling as much at the past couple eps however.

Not even when Archie was ready to straight up murder a man with gardening shears? Because my vocal chords got a work out at that point.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Betty cosplaying as the Griffon Queen was the best. The wings made out of mops! loving brilliant.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

trash person posted:

I'm tired of Hermione.

Like how many times are they going to pretend she isn't going to just do whatever Hiran wants

Pretending to be internally conflicted doesn't do much when you could just call off the plan immediately all by yourself.

I think she's supposed to be an alcoholic now. Because even Hermione is tired of Hermione.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br-6eOK1i2Y

Trailer for next week's ep is up!

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

terrified of my bathroom posted:

Archie: "I'm gonna kill the part of me that's bad and stupid!"

Archie: *dies because there's no parts of him that aren't stupid as poo poo*

Yeah, I was gonna say. No wonder dream!Fred tried to stop him. He loves his big dumb son.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Senerio posted:

So apparently the next musical episode is Heathers?

If this is true that's good news because the Heathers musical is great.

I'm excited about Sweet Pea as the male lead, but I'm also surprised that Sweet Pea would agree to take part in a High School musical. I guess he was really serious about getting close to Josie.

I hope they do a new musical every season, and that Jughead keeps getting different jobs offstage.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

jimmychoo posted:

i'm glad we all agree that episode was dumb as poo poo. LOVE bear attacks as a plot device. also like ... just a general lol at the last ep's "OMG QUARANTINE" then immediately jug being like, "and the quarantine was over"

I feel robbed of the montage of FP and Jughead trying different ways of sneaking themselves back into town.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

esperterra posted:

Man the casting for the musical is whack. I can't wait for it to suck like the last musical episode! Maybe it won't be so bad I stop watching til the finale like last season, lol.

Josie and Veronica have already ruined enough musicals this year.

At least this year there are no parents cast in the high school musical production. Baby steps!

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Five Feet Apart looks fuckin terrible.

It's based on a weepy YA novel. Of course it's gonna be terrible. CS' job is to look sufficently emo and dreamy that the girls in the audience will swoon, and judging by the trailer he's nailing it.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Shoehead posted:

I didn't even notice that the quarantine was over? What was the point of marooning the town and then just undoing it next episode?

They needed a cliffhanger, I guess.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

rapeface posted:

Hal is no Anthony Hopkins that's for sure.

Did we really already know Hal and Penelope Blossom were loving? It's a testament to how much insanity happens every episode to have adult, extra-marital (?) incest be a background fact and for me to forget it even happened.

Edit: Wait, or is Hal and Penelope Not Blood Siblings or something?

It was established in season two that Penelope and Hal were loving. You know those Blossoms; they like to keep it in the family. And they're not siblings. I think they're cousins or something like that. Her Husband (RIP) was her brother though; she was adopted into the family to be his child bride.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

This episode was a wild ride from start to finish, and I love it. My one concern is that this town is starting to run out of adults who're not murdered or in prison for murder.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Phylodox posted:

How is the thread title not “Riverdale: No one is innocent in CRIME TOWN”?

Or "Forget it Jughead, it's Riverdale."

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

So young. Really sad.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I haven't finished the new episode yet, but I have to ask: Is anyone else kind of wondering why Veronica doesn't just kill her parents?

She seems to forget they're evil from time to time. One second she's all "My father did this!" the next she wonders why everyone are so harsh on him, because he's changed! for real this time!

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Fartington Butts posted:

Reggie saying "I've invested a lot of time here..." to Veronica.

Dude it has been like one semester.

Well, they're in High School. That is an eternity in teen time.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Phylodox posted:

Especially since it seemed like they were foreshadowing FP dying so hard this episode. There won’t be any solid paternal figures left.

IDK, i don't think they'd kill off FP permanently. He's a pretty popular character. The likes of Claudius and Cliff Blossom, sure, but not the Hot Riverdale Dad #1.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Poor Sweet Pea keeps getting cock blocked.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Why is it we seem to only get like 2 episodes in a row before yet another break? Other shows on other networks just do the one winter break right? This season seems like it's mostly break

I think this break is at least partly due to Luke Perry's passing? They had to take a couple of weeks off from shooting to give everyone a chance to mourn, and to figure out what to to about Fred.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

I don't get why Betty keeps trying to reason with Kevin. It keeps failing! And she keeps trying! And now she's getting a lobotomy for her troubles (??!?)

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

literally loving howled with laughter at the Jason blossom reveal

also massive hmbol at Hiram lodge yelling Archie he has a huge throbbing erection while they're both naked in a sauna

THERES NOTHING SOFT ABOUT ME, ARCHIE

We've had this date a long time, you and I.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

:10bux: says it's Chic in a red wig, and that Jason's corpse was displaced for some other reason.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

I saw it in one of the interviews I read from him yesterday as I was idly flicking through my timeline half-asleep and now that I'm actually looking for it I can't find it lmao

edit: found it https://decider.com/2019/05/15/riverdale-season-3-finale-roberto-aguirre-sacasa-spoilers-jughead-charles-smith-gargoyle-king/

relevant quote is:

Aguirre-Sacasa: We did not have that twist from the very beginning. I think we landed on that about halfway through the season. We were like, “Oh, should we call Mädchen?” We didn’t, partly because we were worried that it was going to start affecting her performance, that she was going to start playing like she was undercover. And it felt like the truest version of this was for her, was to play it as totally invested in The Farm and that that would make the illusion stronger.

They did the same thing with Hal last year. The actor didn't have a clue that he was the Black Hood until the reveal.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

SEX BURRITO posted:

I’m guessing that Jughead is the murderer rather than the murderee. They were burning his hat because it got blood on it when he was stabbing someone in a frantic rage. Fred?

Pretty sure Jughead stabbing Fred in a fit of rage isn't the "respectful" ending the producer promised he'd give him.

But I do think the killer is Jughead. Maybe he murdered Charles for some reason? This is Riverdale, after all, and I refuse to believe he's as well-adjusted as he seems.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

SEX BURRITO posted:

I was half kidding about Jughead killing Fred but wouldn’t put it past them because Riverdale is ridiculous TV. You’re right though, Charles might make more sense.

I would like to see Hal keep coming back, Michael Myers style. And then they can make a Hal-loween special. Look, as long as there’s no more G&G or fizzle rocks I don’t give a poo poo how crazy they get next season.

He'll be back, and this time with TWO hook-hands!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

I, for one, can't wait to see what kind of evil plans Hiram cooks up from prison. Can he top the cracked-out cosplayers he sent to beat Archie to death? Will he shout some more about how he's not a 16 year old nerd playing games?