Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Replacement list seeking upgrade if I die in a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Games ended, make me a player plz :D

*jacks in*

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also I have no flavor preference, masculine, feminine, non-binary... I am a mysterious sewer creature. Call me what you will.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

imgay posted:

I identify as Anomalous Amalgam, please refer to me as that for the rest of this game.

:monocle:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Monathin posted:

And that's lucky number 18!

I'm writing role PMs now. In the meantime, please join the discord: https://discord.gg/m5G326

If you can see anything, let me know ASAP. The game will start once everyone's in the discord and roles have been assigned.

:toot:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Tina slid her index finger over the Enodyne Hologrid's projection and brought up a keypad with a heart and skull flashing in neon pixels above it.

Several intentional taps later, the bulkhead door in front of her slid closed with a forced hum.

"Might as well stay here for a while." She said sighing in annoyance at the situation.

The gunshots on the comm. weren't promising, but her and the crew had a job to do, and for now Tiny's job was to wait patiently until a fixer or some other heavy hitter could get her out.

She kicked up her feet and tapped on the aural implant behind her ear and began to listen on all channels.

"Sup fartknockerz, which one of u gaiz betrayed us lmao? 🤣😱🤔"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GenericGirlName posted:

Your role playing needs work.

A moment of silence for Monathin pls.

"Kek, didn't u see her tag got updated to snitch. Snitches still get stitches. Sorry, not sorry."

"Any ideas on how to get out of here or are you just expressing guilt on this open line :ironicat:"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dick Bastardly posted:

I thought this crew needed an experienced jacker... well... here I am :clint:

"Lmao this guy's a hoot"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

EccoRaven posted:

> Good morning.

> Do you need assistance today?

"I do. Some lame rear end hataz can't hang, my friendly robot overlord."

GenericGirlName posted:

Your role playing needs work.

A moment of silence for Monathin pls.

GeneX posted:

I don’t know whether to vote ecco for the big post or AA for using “kek” is a sentence

Someone pick for me

"Are they baddies? Ggn looks so forced lol"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

EccoRaven posted:

RUNNING: SCUMHUNTER.EXE
LOADED.

code:
SCUMHUNTER v.8.2
by ~m3lv1n-teh-j3rk-42069~

> sup n00bz, can't find scum? lmao, bunch a dweebs, but I got you. ok so first I'm gonna need either some names, or some posts, or an interaction. You can also press 5 for the help menu.

1. Repeat welcome message.
2. Submit user
3. Submit post
4. Submit interaction
5. Help
6. Credits
7. *LOCKED*
:ins:

"This should be a breeze."

*slides lock on Enodyne display*

"Let's interface directly. Who has time for menus and options."

*roots around in data cores.*
"Let's see what you're capable of. What can you tell momma?"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GeneX posted:

##vote AA

that post gimmick is hell

You sound like scum who is uncomfortable engaging in actual discussion so allow me to introduce myself.

I'm Tiny Tina, hacker extraordinaire and I'll gently caress your poo poo up.

Want to get stuck in a nightmare loop for weeks? Better not be wearing any wetware. I have 30 confirmed cracks on major agencies. My handle strikes fear into the hearts of lil fuccbois everywhere. So you wanna bang?

I'll steal everything from you and make it mine.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hello friends! ##vote AA

Ggn hal and gx scum. Mark it now.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
If hal lurks to mylo hes scum.

If gx poo poo talks and makes auxiliary comments on nothing worthwhile they are 3p or scum

Ggn is just scum lol she cant hide it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GenericGirlName posted:

AA you've made like 8 posts and 4 of them involve me and three about how I'm scum during joke phase.

¿Que?

Nervous, bae?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

If I look at your wetware at night what will i see?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GenericGirlName posted:

No I just think if you're town you're not behaving as a such. :)

Tina grinned.

"Tell me dear, how does one of the crew act?"

"This mission just started when poo poo hit the fan. So tell me how it is then? How does a good girl act?"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Pfft

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote ggn

She rolled scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

imgay posted:

Also AA is just gonna keep feeding into you GGN since he thinks its hilarious in his own little world

I am queen here. Everyone should bend the knee. The fools.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GenericGirlName posted:

When 50% of the poo poo posting is "ggn is scum" without even a joke reason (ie. "Longest name", "too much of a Mets fan")... It doesn't feel like shitposting, just bad play lol

I did. Your interactions seem very forced. That comment about silence for mona, and now subsequent voting without much in the way of real conviction. Not a good look.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GenericGirlName posted:

Also good girl is just a loving awful phrase

How is it any different from good boy? Good it? Good person? Meat is all the same. Trust that I don't harbor hang ups about anything related to what your getting at.

Christ.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GeneX posted:

legit I don't want to read any more of AA's post gimmick, and would like him dead (or to switch to anything that isn't goddamn this)

You're being ridiculous and I'm tired of your repeated incredulous reacting to my posts. Actually offer some real commentary about the game.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GenericGirlName posted:

You posted about me three times in a row, how am I coming across as forced in my first loving post of the game?

Very easily.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote gx

Ggn probably still a good vote, but this is headed towards ugly slap fight territory.

Ggn I meant no harm. The end.

Your alignment aside I was just trying to enjoy my flavor, not trying to offend.

Gx is just making GBS threads for the sake of making GBS threads though.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GenericGirlName posted:

And I'm saying the loving around is extremely unfunny!!! Id rather that than not post and the get accused of being lurky scum because I didn't participate in joke phase (which has happened. A bunch, and only when I'm town lol)

I didn't say this which is why you are probably scum. that's not what I accused you of if you actually read. Dial it back.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GenericGirlName posted:

Also like.. outside of this game entirely... You don't see how.... "Tell me how a good girl should behave" is a really unfortunate way to phrase a joke? Really???? Really?????????

Like I said. Trust that I dont have any hang ups with what your getting at. I'd rather not explain my brand of nihilism to you, but trust... I have no hang ups on this.

Everything is terrible. Everyone is terrible. Society and social convention is terrible. Dregs all of it. So yeah if you're triggered, legitimately, sincerely. I apologize and meant nothing by it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GeneX posted:

No, your fake arrogance thing was annoying to read and I would, entirely outside the game, prefer not to have to try to parse it as you play through the game of mafia.

It is not an indictment of you, it is an indictment of the character you were attempting to portray (and not your portrayal, that was dead on.) Elite hacker queen is a loving obnoxious character.

Nah.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

hambeet posted:

Well this is a decidedly unchill start to the game.

Too heavy.

But at least two scum have stuck their heads out

Gx and probably imgay who is keeping it way too 100 after the disclaimer that he intended to not rely on that meta.

It is what it is. We're all big kids here.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
:monocle:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

hambeet posted:

wget -c /educational "http://www.jackedinjackedoff.xxx"

Hot

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Forums hero chores, the prodigal son, hath returned. Welcome back friend.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
What are your favorite cyberpunk stories?

Admittedly, it's a genre I've not read much of, and since the technological dystopia of the future is going to be grim dark and not neon infused I've not delved much into it beyond hopeful, awe-struck interest in video and roleplaying games which portray it as such.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kitiara posted:

Eh. That was not an "AA push" at all, and just the fact that you're trying to lead suspicion on me (it's been 3 posts now) makes me really suss about you tbh.

I'm lazy/busy, and I would prefer not to have to cycle through 100 joke posts if possible. Specially when there are this many players and we have to re-read the same person several time. Exact same reason why I changed my vote to chores. I will admit that it is better to have content than no content, but I'd prefer if it was more game related content rather than plain spamming.

You are acting weird this game.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Kitiara

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kitiara posted:

I know!

A. I'm very pumped about the last game and B. I'm trying a different style.

Basically getting myself out of the lurker mechanics by being more active, but without being spammy ('cause I don't like this). I am town though, I just realised that I've never won as town with how I used to play so why not try something different?

Get that first scum victory and the world opened up.

Firmware upgrade.

*nods appreciatively*

As someone who makes minor adjustments to their meta and play style with nearly every game, I get that.

Still a bit wary that you don't think that was a weird push on me.

I think Hal's vote is the worst honestly, and having just dunked him as lurking scum, and won as scum with him where he was lurking scum, I'm pinged with his contribution on the matter, jokephase or not.

It's probably null with d1.

However, GGN freaking out about me calling her scum, our spat aside, does not look good.

I was mostly poo poo posting, so it does legitimately strike me as odd. Like maybe I was right.

However, that's gut...

Hal and GX are the worst votes on me. I feel like both of those players are the type of players to let a bad vote like that hang out til deadline and have an uncertain presence around deadline later. Keeping my eyes open.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GeneX posted:

:allears:

AA, thank you.

##unvote

For reminding you of your scum meta??

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GeneX posted:

No, for dropping the gimmick.

Well it was that or get doxed/poo poo on lol. It was an easy choice to make.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

AA for dropping the gimmick.

AA never dropped a gimmick and it indicates non-town wincon of trying to personally survive.

lol.

I'm going to read again from the start, but I think that's interesting.

We've created a monster... lol you're theories always crack me up

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GenericGirlName posted:

God why don't yall read my actual posts. I had two issues with AA

1. Why joke phase post about me so much without waiting for my reply to any of the posts and then be surprised when I point it out?

2. I don't care about the gimmick, keep doing it I don't loving care but "tell this good girl how to behave" is a bad joke please reflect on why and your gimmick didn't NEED you to make that joke.

Instead of addressing either of these AA is pretending the sole complaint was me being upset about being called scum. I'm called scum every game and I'm sure everyone else is too that wasn't the loving point. Please drop this poo poo or find another reason to claim I'm being ~vewwy vewwy scummy~ thanks.

The reason my vote is staying on AA is because so far it continues to be D1 and full of nothing worth analyzing on its own, but AA is coming across as so wilfully obtuse I'd rather play the game without them.

I specifically said "how does a good girl act?" Not tell this good girl how to behave.

You're reading way too much into things. Please for both of our sakes drop it.

I wasnt even trying to make a joke. I was just being snarky with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
And to your points...

You are overreacting to jokephase poo poo posting. I've already said this.

And 2 has no precedence on the game, and I've also already addressed it more than once and you just find my responses to be some act of incredulity when that is not the case.

• Locked thread