Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Casimir Radon posted:

When does Donnie start talking about this like it has any merit at all?

the orange avatar of the sexual harassment god is not going to go around saying "believe the woman" anytime soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

it's australia, it spread completely like 150 years ago

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Vasudus posted:

Maybe five years ago I would have taken pause to the 'don't doxx and harass Nazis online' because at the time they were still hiding in the dark corners of the internet and rarely breaking into the normal plane of existence. Not anymore though.

edit: I think it's standard practice for everyone to go through a "lol I'm a libertarian" phase, likely after we get our first jobs but before we can actually vote. I knew I was mad as heck that they took a huge (~10%) of my check from the grocery store.

california + the feds took 40% from my first fulltime paycheck and i was lusting for more taxes

i still lust for more taxes. also wealth taxes

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

LingcodKilla posted:

I dunno there’s apartments for $1500 a month in DC. Not great but it’s totally doable.

im pretty sure you're supposed to not have roommates for natsec reasons or some poo poo

(drives it up to a solid 2500, iirc)

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
my guess about "chance it has somethin to do w/ white nationalism" is approaching 100%

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

He's not wrong (except about them being not racist) but Jeeeeeeeesus that's not the right way to say that.

i like to say there's like an ideological part and a mere propinquity part of not-being-racist

singapore and many parts of the south have the mere propinquity part down for not-being-racist but not the ideology
vermont and the non-nazi parts of the rural pacific northwest (what parts there are) have the ideology but not the mere propinquity part down for the task of not-being-racist

berns grew up in brooklyn, he shoulda had the mere propinquity down but i guess he just lived decades in vermont

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
fdr was the bloodiest prez by far of the 20th century and i lust for more fdr's

lincoln was by far the bloodiest of the 19th and i would take another lincoln anytime

washington was the same of the 18th and hell i would take a washington, slaves and all

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Nov 9, 2018

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

MA-Horus posted:

I'd dispute FDR, replace with Truman. He was just very cool about it.

When Oppenheimer came to visit the White House after the war, Oppenheimer told Truman "I feel as if I have blood on my hands". Truman threw a handkerchief at him and told him to see if that helps.
After he left, Truman told his chief of staff "I never want to see that son of a bitch ever again. I have more blood on my hands than he does, but you can't go belly-aching about it."

Truman was also an artillery officer in WW1, and remained a reservist all the way up until WW2, and volunteered for service in WW2. FDR wanted sitting congressmen/senators who were in the military to serve by staying in congress.

i would take 5 trumans, 5 eisenhowers, or 5 fdr's over any orange dipshit

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

BadOptics posted:

I think Benjamin Ghazi would have made a great president if Hillary hadn't killed him to clear the roster for 2016.

corpse of vilerat for prez 2032

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Nystral posted:

Would a federal election agency to standardize and run all elections be doable or just another pipe dream by my inner Federalist?

it would promulgate these few rules:

1. no voting by black peeps
2. no voting by gay peeps
3. no voting by women
4. no voting by anyone with a college degree

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Deathy McDeath posted:

As much as I hate to give Donnie Peepants the benefit of the doubt, I’d wager that the stuff going down in Gaza is probably sending the Pentagon into crisis mode
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-46174912

How much of a crisis will depend on just how many tweets he sends out today.

what intifada are we at

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
yeah, less "poor bitch hosed up", more "body parts lying places"

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

BigDave posted:

If the House of Saud goes down, Russia steps up to fill the power vacuum.

Then OPEC starts hijacking oil tankers and artificially spiking the price of crude to $300 a barrel, the US cuts off all oil imports from ME/HOA, then the 22nd MEU invades Venezuela and seizes the oil fields for American interests

unless america itself stops being a viable state, fracking means that crude cannot go above about $100/barrel

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Don Dongington posted:

"Go Green or die" is starting to become policy in a lot of states irrespective of the price of oil.

Kinda needs to be, given that we got 12 years to turn this ship around, and a bunch of shitheels trying to stop us.

The real fun begins if demand for oil and gas starts to drop due to renewables uptake, and G20 nations forget why they put up with Saudis and Russian bullshit, but the latter is a bit optimistic.

demand drop started like 15 years ago

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-11-16/oil-demand-for-cars-and-transportation-is-already-falling

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

psydude posted:

Dems have been in the minority in the house for 8 years. Pelosi is a stale leader past her time, but losing 3 states by 70k votes is hardly her fault.

Whoever takes her place can't be a coastal Democrat.

ocasio-cortez is a coastal democrat and good as hell

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Can you name 10 democratic house members outside of your state that you know anything about?

i live in the people's republic of california
all this from memory except i knew there was another drat kennedy lying around so i had to resort to wikipedia to find out which kennedy it was

ocasio-cortez: snake person house peep
steny hoyer, he's the whip, met him once
debbie wasserman-schulz, prototypical bad dem, shat multiple times on the left
john lewis, walked with mlk
tulsi gabbard, solidly ok dem, solidly sane foreign policy imo
jim mcgovern, another solidly ok dem, annoyed the burmese govt iirc cuz he was callin it genocide
joe kennedy, another drat kennedy
al green, maybe a sex pest
joaquin castro, twin bro to julian castro
beto, attempted and failed to banish the eldritch demon that goes by the human name of ted cruz

formerly keith ellison, altho i guess he's doing other poo poo now

interestingly, a high school friend interned for kevin mccarthy and turned into a communist due to that experience

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Also we have ~10 years to address climate change or a bunch of us are going to die. To no one’s surprise this resonates with young people.

if you count syrian peeps and almost caro then a bunch of us are dying (or rotting away in a syrian prison for years until john kerry negotiates our release)

climate change war is present and past tense, too

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

psydude posted:

There's some legitimate applications for it in distributed computing, but a monetary system isn't one of them.

Think things that need additional verification of authenticity, but where speed isn't an issue (medical records, protein folding, hunting for asteroids, root CA issuance, etc.). You know, things that are otherwise mundane and ignored by everyone except for the few people that work in those fields.

every one of those you could just use a merkle tree, which was published... 90's? 80's?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

where can i buy an AOC t-shirt

https://www.facebook.com/Ocasio2018/shop

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/stevemorris__/status/1067415491105484800?s=21

To be a total right wing grifter all you really need to do is be moderately attractive, die your hair platinum blonde, and then publicly be extremely racist always. It helps to not quite be as insane as Loomer.

loomer doesnt get to be right wing grifter cuz shes jewish, despite being a proper nazi

you gotta be a wasp

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

hobbesmaster posted:

How bad is soccer?

Also hockey is probably the next to go after football - in fact hockey may go first because it requires even more money.

whoknows

(https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5674664/)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Vasudus posted:

No, Loomer seems to be the exact kind of crazy that probably has a collection of handcuffs.

arent handcuffs and handcuff keys standardized