Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

shadowvine118 posted:

I kid of want He Man to still be more or less masculine, though. I think it's nice to show it's possible to be super manly without being a jerk.

He'd be like the anti-Sea Hawk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I think we can all be thankful that the little flying pink mascot thing from the original was only acknowledged in the form of a stuffed animal this time around.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Rewatching episodes today just reminds me what a sweetheart Scorpia is to everyone around her; even people she's fighting she treats politely.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

evilmiera posted:

The art is perfectly fine. Strangely I don't really care much for the Catra and Adora conflict, because we all know Catra isn't in a place where she is going to do any good or learn. Not this season anyway.

Scorpia though will 100 percent turn against Hordak at some point. She is just too great not to.

Also I want to see more of her skills of an artist. She makes drawing fun!

Someone (maybe here?) pointed out that all the Horde vehicles seem kind of scorpion-themed, and that maybe in addition to hosting them, Scorpia's family might be bankrolling Hordak.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Is Adora, though? I kept getting the vibe that one of their huge issues is that Catra fell in love and Adora was an oblivious friend.

I didn't get that feeling. I thought Adora wasn't oblivious so much as she simply took Catra for granted. Catra's point about how she was treated as a sidekick, and if she followed Adora out of the Horde she's go back to being her sidekick again stung so much because it was true.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Ups_rail posted:

so I remember youtube being filled with people making GBS threads on the promo or trailer for this show, now that its out ( I don't have NF anymore) is there still reeeing about it or did it all go away.

Happy to hear its good.

Neckbeards are still caterwauling about Eighties She-Ra's titties being denied to them. Pay no attention.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Meanwhile, there was an entire palace filled with royal guard who were all apparently sitting around doing nothing during the final battle.

I know the show is all about the princesses and their friends, but maybe don't show heavily armed troops standing around and then totally ignore they exist when the largest battle of their lives is literally happening on their doorstep.

Maybe they're just ceremonial color guard types.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

If any of you followed Loreweaver's SU liveblog, he's picked up She-Ra now, too.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

https://twitter.com/dreamworksshera/status/1080494021066272768

Okay astrology nerds, do your thing

(OF COURSE Catra is a Scorpio)

What, Castaspella doesn't rate?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

evilmiera posted:

Yeah, I know. I just didn't recall it at the time. Just goes to show how her claws draw attention I suppose.

It's because she's such a hugger.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I mean, Mermista is basically just Lapis.

To follow the pattern, shippers will now mash her together with Entrapta and scream until they are appeased.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Captain Marvel could totally join the Princess Alliance as Princess Sparklyfists.

Doesn't Glimmer pretty much have that job already?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

New trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaM9xhs_gYU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Catra, Scorpia, and Entrapta pose a serious danger to the narrative in that they're much more engaging than the protagonist crew.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Catra rocked that tux so hard it was ridiculous.

The echoes of Catra's tux continue to propagate forward in time. All outfits will forever be judged as fractions of C(atra's tux).

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

CuwiKhons posted:

Entrapta is, if not the sole ruler of her own country, then the daughter of said country's monarch. Entrapta doesn't have to pay taxes because she is the person to whom taxes are paid :colbert:

She might have to pay taxes to Hordak now though, which she is definitely not doing.

She'll make that up by levying troops robots.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I think they mentioned that at a wondercon panel or something. However Scorpia will be getting her own 10 season 52 episodes a season spin off.

Twist: it's basically Fargo, but in the Fright Zone.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I'm glad Scorpia will have Inspector Pirate to rebound to.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Bow's was my favorite plan, but I have to admit Glimmer's had an amazing look.

The revelation that the inside of Glimmer's head is all 90's anime all the time is the Rosetta Stone we need to understand her.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I just loved Bow's two dads so much.

A constellation which can only be seen from one part of the planet.

Constellations do not work that way :argh:

They do if "one part of the planet" is one hemisphere.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Arc Light posted:

Obviously they execute anyone who surrenders. That's why no soldier ever made it back from the forest prior to the first episode.

All those "Horde went in, never came out" stories were all barracks bullshit, and no one's ever actually gone in to test it until now.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

evilmiera posted:

Soooo, Entrapta is in that image but no other villains? Suspicious I say!

I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a new credit sequence for season 2.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Who's that lady with the horns?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

That does not answer any questions I had.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

DEEP LORE

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

It pleased me to see that Adora is finally developing a healthy mistrust of Lighthope. This season leaned into portraying her as a kind of mirror of Shadow Weaver: an authority figure with an agenda that doesn't include Adora's well-being.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

And at least we know Mara isn't the OG She-Ra now.

Wait... do we know that?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

The show's pretty consistent about nobody being pure evil. Everyone's understandable. And I wonder if we're gonna see more of a fracturing of the "bad guys" since, well, bigger things are coming.

Also, it's been three seasons, where the gently caress is Mantenna already.

MANTENNADEMPTION WHEN?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Look we need to stop all this petty bickering and focus on the real enemy here

Etheria’s great monster: Kyle

That's no way to talk about the future He-Man.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Azhais posted:

Should get Langella to voice Skeletor

This is the best idea, and thus can't happen.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I would have put Scorpia as a Wisconsinite/Yooper, but Canada makes sense.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Glimmer's biggest change isn't her new look, or her new responsibilities--it's that instead of confusing and distracting opponents with sparkles, she is burning through metal with straight-up death rays. :black101:

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

ElBrak posted:

He fell in love with the only person who was ever nice to him in his whole life who wasn't working some angle.

And who was utterly, utterly not intimidated by him. There was a battle of wills and Hordak lost, which had to have been novel.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Was there a real Flutterina that DT was copying, or was she a character they invented solely for the purposes of being a mole?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Logically Flutterina should've been a real person otherwise the villager would've pointed out that she was a stranger, but DT would've needed to guarantee the original never re-appeared, so for the purposes of the show, probably a character they invented.

It would be sort of off-tone for the horrified villagers to discover a ten-year-old's corpse stashed somewhere, yeah.

VA trivia: the village head of the butterfly people was the same actor as Governor Price, from SW Rebels.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Has the show in-universe ever explored what in the world "For the honor of Greyskull!" means?

Other than Adora lampshading it in the pilot, no.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It seems reductive but I keep thinking of Mermista as 'Daria but a superpowered mermaid'.

She's a strange mixture of Daria and her sister Quinn.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Kyle gets hit with some magical toxic waste and becomes Mantenna.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

:mediocre: WHERE THE gently caress IS SCORPIA

DLC