Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
It at least played mention to when Jon Jones biggest epithet here was "herb" rather than "cockehead rear end in a top hat"

Remember the day before he won the title he tackled and held down a purse snatcher and gave them a lecture on treating people right while with Jackson?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

If you mean pushing the redemption angle after his first public trouble, yeah UFC was selling some bullshit. But before that I can't blame them, guy is a sociopath and lied his rear end off about who he was to anyone that would listen.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I liked the TUF bit where they did a challenge to have a lighter guy climb all over a bigger guy and one pair did it for like an hour and then the other team just goes and forfeits because those guys just exhausted themselves and they have to fight tomorrow. I think it was Rich Franklin as the smart coach.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Splooshi

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

EthanSteele posted:

I liked the TUF bit where they did a challenge to have a lighter guy climb all over a bigger guy and one pair did it for like an hour and then the other team just goes and forfeits because those guys just exhausted themselves and they have to fight tomorrow. I think it was Rich Franklin as the smart coach.

Yeah, that was a strategic masterstroke.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

It was a good plan except the fighter they saved from having to do the exercise was Jorge Gurgel and he immediately lost on account of being Jorge Gurgel.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Gurgel is just the most significant victim of occupying a five mile radius with Masakazu Imanari

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Goddamn I just saw the whole Chris Leben meltdown and it was loving beautiful and i hate him and it's wild that nobody is going well maybe he shouldn't be talking all the poo poo in the world all day if he can't take someone finally hitting the nuclear button once

I swear to God if someone who's name isn't Leben leaves this show

Nobody spoil this for me

Fake edit chuck Liddell is the voice of reason Jesus Christ

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Dec 4, 2018

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Leave my beautiful uncle Chris Leben alone you huge bully

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Chris Leben gave us one of the best videos of all time.

https://youtu.be/myRaxbkJN64

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bluedeanie posted:

Leave my beautiful uncle Chris Leben alone you huge bully

He's the most hot couch motherfucker possible

Also they took the booze out of the house for the rest of the season

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Probably the weirdest part of this show is everyone casually calling poo poo gay and retarded

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

everyone casually calling poo poo gay and retarded

Call it like they see it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I am Otis posted:

Call it like they see it

It's not their fault there was a developmentally disabled homosexual in the room

Leben not being able to handle losing because it was a ground based match is like the icing on his lovely rear end in a top hat cake

This is beautiful, I love this idiot show

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

TheKingslayer posted:

What's this from, it's beautiful. That knee. That glorious knee.

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
Lookin' Blessed

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I had no idea Max Vs T-City was this week.

That's going to be some good rear end violence.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I feel like there used to be more good Brazilians

They used to do really well in the UFC

Is it because of USADA?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Zzulu posted:

I feel like there used to be more good Brazilians

They used to do really well in the UFC

Is it because of USADA?

Being that most of them have popped for something I'd say probably so

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Just caught up on Fight Night 142 and I'm not sure if Shogun taking even more punishment or his advancing male pattern baldness hurt me emotionally more.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

TheKingslayer posted:

oh poo poo early Cypress Hill is so good.

I like how they edited out the dump truck speech from the Fightpass version of that fight. It makes this video so much more precious.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

What's this from, it's beautiful. That knee. That glorious knee.

UFC fight night 5. Anderson's debut.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Ah poo poo JDS strung 2 together for the first time in 6 years. A tepid title run is imminent. Make him fight Blaydes or Ngannou.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Goddamn I just saw the whole Chris Leben meltdown and it was loving beautiful and i hate him and it's wild that nobody is going well maybe he shouldn't be talking all the poo poo in the world all day if he can't take someone finally hitting the nuclear button once

Nobody spoil this for me

leben is kind of a lunkhead brawler but he was unbelievably tough and never stopped fighting. he was on both ends of really legendary fights.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Nobody spoil this for me

Almost the entire TUF 1 class went on to varying degrees of MMA fame after the show ended (and they all show up for the TUF 1 finale) but make sure to read this article detailing what happened with Jason "Strange Brew" Thacker after the show was over. https://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/24/8259545/in-search-of-strange-brew

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

me watching some kind of weird sweaty vampire who drinks blood in tiny lil sips from soda bottle caps and like a racist muppet who doesnt know how to read torment a simple dipshit with a lovely childhood and substance abuse problems to the point of a breakdown: hmm, its right what they did, and I am a better person for it

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Didn't we have an MMA video thread so we can relegate someone's live streaming thoughts of decades old shows that feature fighters prominently no longer in the UFC to that wasteland?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

JaySB posted:

Didn't we have an MMA video thread so we can relegate someone's live streaming thoughts of decades old shows that feature fighters prominently no longer in the UFC to that wasteland?
Isn't the Bellator thread good enough?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Probably the weirdest part of this show is everyone casually calling poo poo gay and retarded

drat they didn’t have any limp wristed dorks to take care of that?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

JaySB posted:

Was it this thread?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3804769

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

This is the thread I was thinking of:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3816840

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

If when current MMA news is slow you'll give me the option between this thread being 1) discussion of funny or awesome UFC poo poo from days gone by or 2) whining about how UFC and posts aren't good anymore, I'll slam (1) so fast that my dick somehow gets caught in it.

Remember Akiyama? Leben-Akiyama was loving fun.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Remember wes sims?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Leben Akiyama is got got me into mma. It also msde me think both guys were awesome world class fighters worthy of my attention as a fan. It took me years to decondition myself to think that way about Akiyama and I won't let some goober who likes Bobby Southworth take The Crippler away from me :colbert:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Skip My Posts posted:

Remember wes sims?

Still the only man to beat Frank Mir twice. Also the only guy ever who an athletic commission said wasn't good enough to fight Tim Sylvia.

Didn't someone involved in the TUF 10 production more or less admit that they brought Simms on because they knew he'd lose right away and spend the rest of the season being weird and creating entertainment?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Remember Fedor vs Matt lindland ?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

First live MMA show I ever went to was a Gracie Fighting Championships card where Daniel Gracie forgot you couldn't knee a downed opponent and beat the gently caress out of Wes Sims so bad he got carried out with a brace on his neck. That card also had a "TKO Wouldn't Get Up From Butt Scoot" on it.

a few years later, I was at a WWE show in that same arena and Wes Sims was second row in a horrendous affliction shirt being a douche

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
My brain is telling me Wes Sims was involved in a pec-biting incident in a fight

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

https://youtu.be/pGnXP9dD29c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

sportsgenius86 posted:

That card also had a "TKO Wouldn't Get Up From Butt Scoot" on it.

I've always wanted to see a Nick Serra Gambit in person.