Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scumfuck Princess
Jun 15, 2021

flashy_mcflash posted:

I just remembered that a horror movie set in a Red Lobster already exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sabqgSDrICw

It makes me so sad that this short is seemingly impossible to find online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scumfuck Princess
Jun 15, 2021

Roth posted:

I decided to order the Scream Factory blu-rays for Halloween 2 + 3 in anticipation of Halloween Kills. I haven't seen any of the Halloween movies besides 1978 and 2018.

3 is fun, but it really doesn't adhere to the rest of the franchise, it's very much its own thing.

Scumfuck Princess
Jun 15, 2021

Zombieween 2
Zombieween 1
Resurrection
Curse
'18
H20

Scumfuck Princess
Jun 15, 2021

That's probably why they didn't work for me. They just felt too knowing for me to get into, if that makes sense

Scumfuck Princess
Jun 15, 2021

Kvlt! posted:

Literally couldnt agree more with this ranking tbh

:hfive:

Chris James 2 posted:

I will add I at least remember parts of H20 and Resurrection, even for as much hate or laughter as those parts get. The fourth one I only remember the ending, the fifth I don't remember at all

I think the most memorable part of 5 is the hayloft scene, in which it suddenly becomes a goofy comedy complete with sound effects, and there are puppies, for some reason? It also includes the wonderful Wendy Kaplan as Tina :allears:

Scumfuck Princess
Jun 15, 2021

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

If you’ve seen Halloween 2018, that one was actually very heavily influenced by Zombie’s Halloween 1 - and many people obviously loved it. Zombie’s Halloween is divisive simply because Laurie isn’t the protagonist.

The whole suspense aspect of Carpenter’s, where you wait for Laurie to learn that there’s a random perv on the loose!!!, is replaced with a character study of Myers as lawless misanthrope who reaches out to Laurie for what he perceives as totally valid reasons. You can think of it almost like a slasher version of Falling Down, with Jason Voorhees in place of the Michael Douglas character. This is made even more interesting because Zombie incorporates the brother-sister thing.

As you can see in the thread, Zombie’s Halloween 2 is ranked very highly - but I’d say that’s because it’s really just Zombie going in and just reiterating the thesis of his Halloween 1 for people who didn’t get it the first time.

I think while you're absolutely correct about the first half of Zombieween 1, I think the real reason people rank it lower than 2 is that the second half feels like a retread of the original rather than an expansion of those themes. 2 is a lot more consistent in presenting its subject matter, and also has Frankenstein running a strip club, which is hard to beat.

Scumfuck Princess
Jun 15, 2021

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

You can spot the real fans pretty easily with the usage of Micheal/The Shape.

True. As a fake fan I've always preferred calling him "old saggy pale face"

Scumfuck Princess
Jun 15, 2021

Benito Cereno posted:

I watched Fear Street and while I had a lot of fun and I’m really looking forward to the next one, I think it made me gay now ☹️☹️☹️

Congrats! Welcome to the cool table :cool:

Scumfuck Princess
Jun 15, 2021

The House That Jack Built was originally conceived to be a tv series, so that might go some way to explaining its length.

Scumfuck Princess
Jun 15, 2021

Kvlt! posted:

I think its cool <3

Scumfuck Princess
Jun 15, 2021

Kvlt! posted:

your old av was cooler

Mods! Bring back the sexy wolfman!

Scumfuck Princess
Jun 15, 2021

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scumfuck Princess
Jun 15, 2021

I stopped watching during Roanoke, I just couldn't get into its pacing. Asylum was incredible though, easily one of the best seasons of a tv show I've ever seen