Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://mobile.twitter.com/FFBE_JP/status/1074922210215657473

Sora has a 70% Materia STMR and a Keyblade (sword tmr) with 160 Attack, the sword is exclusive to Sora only, also activates a skill for Sora.

Cloud has a 40 attack accessory TMR with TDH and a 190 ATK 2H Greatsword STMR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Aw man, Cloud's 'lazy Vincent Halloween costume' is the other KH character? I love that stupid look.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm just glad it's not Sora, Riku, and Kairi. I don't want to be then next person to be $1,500 in debt to this game chasing them...

Also, they better make Lea/Axel a Global Exclusive. The whales will chase the gently caress out of that. Probably a GL Exclusive Kairi, too

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

From what I'm seeing on reddit it's being suggested that there's going to be a 2nd part later down the line so you'll probably get some sort of Riku/Kairi/KH3 Sora Pt. 2 banner.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

LadyPictureShow posted:

Aw man, Cloud's 'lazy Vincent Halloween costume' is the other KH character? I love that stupid look.

It's really dumb. But it's so cool!

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
Man, people really love Kingdom Hearts, don't they? It's all over my FB feed. I've never played the game. How much of the love is nostalgia vs Disney vs actually good game vs actually good story?

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
The story is convoluted and ridiculous, but the characters are endearing so it keeps people coming back for more.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

werdnam posted:

Man, people really love Kingdom Hearts, don't they? It's all over my FB feed. I've never played the game. How much of the love is nostalgia vs Disney vs actually good game vs actually good story?

I played 1 & 2 as a teenager and still have fond memories. A friend of mine still plays all the nonsense prequel sequel triquel on a daily basis.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

werdnam posted:

Instead of just copy/pasting my previous comment, I'll just say, it's a lot of stupid fun. In part for the nostalgia, in part because of satisfying mashy-smashy gameplay, and a ridiculous story that they literally are making up as they go. The music is absolutely fantastic, and they manage to create a pretty epic feeling for a silly Good vs EEEEVIL story where Donald and Goofy are your main sidekicks.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

werdnam posted:

I don't think I've ever played a dumber* series. It's the best thing I've ever played, and I can not wait for KH3 to come out.

*It's dumb in a good/fun way.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The Steel Castle decided to quit being stingy. Got +22% MAG/+10% ATK on my Death Trap and +27% MAG on my Sybil Crescent.

Now my Trance Terra is at 1901 MAG, which is pretty silly. Also have a Sakura's Robe and a Ravenheart. Guess I could take a shot at the Royal Crown at some point to get a slightly better magic hat... That fight sounds obnoxious, is there an easy way to do it?

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Dec 18, 2018

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Echophonic posted:

The Steel Castle decided to quit being stingy. Got +22% MAG/+10% ATK on my Death Trap and +27% MAG on my Sybil Crescent.

Now my Trance Terra is at 1901 MAG, which is pretty silly. Also have a Sakura's Robe and a Ravenheart. Guess I could take a shot at the Royal Crown at some point to get a slightly better magic hat... That fight sounds obnoxious, is there an easy way to do it?

You have a 1901 MAG TTerra and I assume at least a couple other decently geared (and possibly 7*) units. You might be able to outright kill it from 50% hp with TTerra quadcasting chaos flare since it's vulnerable to SPR breaks and gets a -100% fire res debuff.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Echophonic posted:

Brachium is vulnerable to ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR break. The easy way is now bringing a 7* breaker. Then all you'll probably need to worry about is the unresistable Death, the ST charm, and the fixed damage attack.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

werdnam posted:

It's really fun to play, a great by a little convoluted experience but don't ever, ever underestimate nerds and their nostalgia.

In 7★ news:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/a7cwpb/some_7_info_on_xmas_unit_wkn_kryla_christine_from/?st=JPUJQFZM&sh=9a1a2741

Kryla gets Loren level breaks plus elemental imperils.

White Knight Noel gets magic tanking, Tornado, and double/triplecast.

Christine gets quadcast and 100% ice imperils.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I do kinda need a 7* magic tank and 7* Tornado...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It's really fun to play, a great by a little convoluted experience but don't ever, ever underestimate nerds and their nostalgia.

In 7★ news:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/a7cwpb/some_7_info_on_xmas_unit_wkn_kryla_christine_from/?st=JPUJQFZM&sh=9a1a2741

Kryla gets Loren level breaks plus elemental imperils.

White Knight Noel gets magic tanking, Tornado, and double/triplecast.

Christine gets quadcast and 100% ice imperils.

Kryla becoming a magic version of Loren's neat if true.

Christine sounds like she'll probably be 7* TTerra, ice edition which is what I was expecting.

I guess Noel getting the ability to double/triple cast tornado is cool?

OTOH I don't have any of those units and if all 3 are on the same banner I can't imagine trying to chase any of them. :shrug:

e: and I can always just chase a 2nd Lid once her 7* is out...

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

Evil Fluffy posted:

Kryla becoming a magic version of Loren's neat if true.

Christine sounds like she'll probably be 7* TTerra, ice edition which is what I was expecting.

I guess Noel getting the ability to double/triple cast tornado is cool?

OTOH I don't have any of those units and if all 3 are on the same banner I can't imagine trying to chase any of them. :shrug:

e: and I can always just chase a 2nd Lid once her 7* is out...

I'm in the same boat, aside from having one Christine. On the one hand, I could hit the banner to see if a second Christine comes out and then I could use the Fan Festa UoC on something else. On the other hand. I'm more likely to get one of the units I don't have already, making the FF UoC a harder decision.

Guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what the banners look like.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

it is very likely that m ramza is just going to be a better magic tank than wk noel pretty much all of the time, but wk noel has a cool sprite and he's great fun to hide units behind in arena. him being able to chain could potentially be useful in stuff depending on the duration of his magic provoke or cover duration. unless his old enhanced provoke is improved i dont think he'll be able to physical/magical tank both together, because he can't use daggers he's actually one of the harder tanks to get full evade on. even if you're whaled out i don't know that you'll be able to make him an evade/magic tank at all.

i am guessing hes gonna be the tornado equivalent of a pod chainer but maybe he'll be pretty good, here's to hoping

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

LOL new Xmas banner has a trap Gilbert.

This is the 3rd time they have put him on a banner with highly sought units

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

hagie posted:

He's not a trap because he's the only 3* on the banner. A trap is when the character is actively lowering your chance of getting the other units.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
The news says the banner and step-up for the old X-mas units have a 5* pool that is only Kryla, Christine, and WKN. If I understand right, that's the sort of thing that JP got for limited banners like the VP collab, and what made it possible for non-mega-whales to chase 4 Angrims for the STMR.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Awakening details for the three older 5★ Christmas units are out.

Kryla's single target breaks can go up to 65%, build 1-2 LB per each use, and last for 5 turns.

Man. I've got one Kryla already, If I had just waited for this instead of getting Loren... that's gacha!

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

He's not a trap because he's the only 3* on the banner. A trap is when the character is actively lowering your chance of getting the other units.

you are more likely to get a 3* unit off this banner. Enjoy your dream harp.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

hagie posted:

You're more likely to get a 3* unit off every banner. What are you even talking about? Are you complaining that they didn't invent a garbage 3* Christmas unit?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

You're more likely to get a 3* unit off every banner. What are you even talking about? Are you complaining that they didn't invent a garbage 3* Christmas unit?

I mean... at least if it was a recent 3 star like say, Lotti, you'd get a TM that's decent instead of one that was bad when the game released.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

NinjaDebugger posted:

I mean... at least if it was a recent 3 star like say, Lotti, you'd get a TM that's decent instead of one that was bad when the game released.

Sure, but it's not really like Black Cat Lid's Hat is setting the world on fire and at least Cerius still has some use as a Green Mage even in the current meta.

TMR wise he's awful but if they really wanted to troll us with a bad 3* there could have been worse choices.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

The last 2 times he has been on banners, he diluted the pool so much that you pulled him every other pull.

Granted one of those times he was on 2 banners at the same time.

He isn’t the traditional 5* trap, he is more of an Eve. But 3*. So you are probably going to see a ton of him. Why they have such a hard-on for Gilbert I don’t know. They could have chosen, literally, any other unit.

On a different note, I could use a 7* magical AoE tank, I just don’t know if WKN is the one I am looking for.

hagie fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Dec 19, 2018

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

PDQ Law posted:

The news says the banner and step-up for the old X-mas units have a 5* pool that is only Kryla, Christine, and WKN. If I understand right, that's the sort of thing that JP got for limited banners like the VP collab, and what made it possible for non-mega-whales to chase 4 Angrims for the STMR.

poo poo I might do a lap on one of the banners then. Depends on how good (or not) the new units turn out to be. Of the old units the only one I think I'd want to go after is Kryla but Lid and other upcoming 7* breakers still seem like a better option (unless her LB is also 79% like them and not just 74%).

hagie posted:

If Gilbert wasn't on the banner the 3* unit drop rate would still be the same. :ssh:

A trap unit would be if they added Marie to the new units' banner.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

hagie posted:

Use Old Man Bedile, Gumi you cowards!

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Santa Bedile 5* next year Gumi.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hagie posted:

The last 2 times he has been on banners, he diluted the pool so much that you pulled him every other pull.

Granted one of those times he was on 2 banners at the same time.

He isn’t the traditional 5* trap, he is more of an Eve. But 3*. So you are probably going to see a ton of him. Why they have such a hard-on for Gilbert I don’t know. They could have chosen, literally, any other unit.

On a different note, I could use a 7* magical AoE tank, I just don’t know if WKN is the one I am looking for.

No that's not how it works, the game throws up a dice and if it determines you are going to pull a 3* then it throws another to see if you pull the banner one or not. He's not a trap unless there is another 3* on the banner that's better than him

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Utterly torn on the Fan Festa UoC. Do I go with Noel or GL Sakura?

I don’t know how much I’m in need of a magic tank ... 6* Basch has gotten me through every trial so far ... And Sakura brings way more utility plus my magic offense is nowhere near as robust as my physical offense.

Could also always say gently caress it and just grab a Beryl dupe.

Guess I wait for the update and numbers on Noel to drop.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Lapis spending question.

I have about 22k lapis currently. I've been saving this for the XG banner because by all accounts the 7*'s there are mega powerful, but I don't have any 7*'s besides Katy Perry. I'm either not really in need of any particular role right now or in need of all the roles, given 6* unit abilities (although for reference, I use Elfreeda, 2B, Orlandeau, Eiko and Ashe mostly). I've noticed I can't do a lot of content without a friend carry, all of whom I'm super grateful for. Would it be worthwhile to spend lapis on the Christmas banner to (hopefully) get one of the units I can spend my festa select on or will it not even make that much of a difference in the long run and I should just save for the XG banner like my original plan?

Edit: Also while I'm at it, any suggestions for who to get even as a 6*? I guess I can use a better tank than Elfreeda, especially since I more or less neglect her counterattack capabilities.

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Dec 20, 2018

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If your 90%-100% F2P, hoard for Xenogears. If you don’t mind the occasional bundle that has good value, go for a Xmas unit.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah, the christmas banner is looking like a solid all around banner. I'm dissapointed that they dropped the enhancement for the previous units since it cuts on their shelf life, but because of it Kryla gets to be a really good breaker. She looks to be on par with the top tier breakers with the exception of her chaining, we dont know if she gets something there too. Noel seems to be a strong all around omni tank capable of tackling all sorts of damage and situations, Christine seems like she's going to be a great mDPS and the new TDH unit is probably going to be good hybrid damage.

And you can only pull from the banner so its like the xenogears one.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Actually seeing the 7* units I dont know how I feel about the banner. Christine can pull out a lot of damage with her quadra cast but she's stuck to awakened chaos wave which is just not common and is very sub-optimal. Shes gonna have to chain with a copy to maximize damage using her enhanced burial followed by repeated absolute zeroes.

Kryla gets good turn one breaks and if she has enough limit crystals she can provide consistent breaks through her dualcasted 74% breaks. She cant chain though so cant really say she's better than loren but still a very a good breaker.

Noel is the big winner, getting magic cover and triple casting, he's a good magic tank, provoke tank and an absolute monster in the arena

The new hybrid damage unit has a lot of damage but is hindered by his strongest ability being odd frames and a weird unlock ability mechanism. Again, needs a copy to maximize damage.

Tiana doesn't seem that bad, but again her strongest ability by far has quake frames, which aren't really common. Her fire chaos wave ability has low modifiers and doesn't scale.

It seems Gumi is giving units rarer frame abilities in an odd fashion, like tornado isn't particularly common cause its a low damage ability but they made it Malphs strongest ability. Then they sort of not give another damage dealer that sort of boosted tornado, instead giving it to support or tank units. Circe and Tiana both get screwed by getting quadra cast with chain patterns that most units can only double cast, so you HAVE to run a copy to maximize damage.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Dec 20, 2018

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Actually seeing the 7* units I dont know how I feel about the banner. Christine can pull out a lot of damage with her quadra cast but she's stuck to awakened chaos wave which is just not common and is very sub-optimal. Shes gonna have to chain with a copy to maximize damage using her enhanced burial followed by repeated absolute zeroes.

Kryla gets good turn one breaks and if she has enough limit crystals she can provide consistent breaks through her dualcasted 74% breaks. She cant chain though so cant really say she's better than loren but still a very a good breaker.

Noel is the big winner, getting magic cover and triple casting, he's a good magic tank, provoke tank and an absolute monster in the arena

The new hybrid damage unit has a lot of damage but is hindered by his strongest ability being odd frames and a weird unlock ability mechanism. Again, needs a copy to maximize damage.

Tiana doesn't seem that bad, but again her strongest ability by far has quake frames, which aren't really common. Her fire chaos wave ability has low modifiers and doesn't scale.

It seems Gumi is giving units rarer frame abilities in an odd fashion, like tornado isn't particularly common cause its a low damage ability but they made it Malphs strongest ability. Then they sort of not give another damage dealer that sort of boosted tornado, instead giving it to support or tank units. Circe and Tiana both get screwed by getting quadra cast with chain patterns that most units can only double cast, so you HAVE to run a copy to maximize damage.

Tornado may have a low base modifier, but most units who have it get significant increases to it's modifier, and it's high hit count, particularly when dual cast, also helps offset it with the higher chain modifier

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I didn't realize EX and 10+1 tickets were getting 1-week access to the Christmas unit banner. Does this mean that the units are getting thrown in the EX/10+1 pool, or will the tickets draw from the banner itself?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

The former. There won't be a rate up for the Christmas units but there's a chance that tomorrow's 10+1 adn 5* EX tickets will pull a Christmas unit. It'll just be the same chance as any other 5*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BamBigelow
Dec 20, 2018
Hey everyone,

First of all been lurking here for a few months and decided to bite the bullet and dive into this crazy phone game. Of all the FF mobile games, this one seems to most interesting to me so I rerolled myself up an account, did a little Dolphin and I am ready to go.

My player ID is: 742.646.842
and I'm currently sporting a Hyoh there with not so great gear but only rank 22 so hopefully by the time a month or two rolls around I'll have a more stacked version of him up. Anyone who wouldn't mind shooting me an invite would be greatly appreciated and I've already added my info to the Google doc in the OP. Thanks all and I look forward to mooching for a bit before being able to give back!