Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Timeless Appeal posted:

My wife nudged me during the movie, and I looked over to find next to us a four year old boy, who was black, in Brooklyn, leaned over the empty seat next to us, mouth agape at the film's finale. It was a pretty ideal way to watch the movie.

This is so sweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The movie is about a kid losing his individuality as his story is hijacked by others, and he turns into a consumer and then a product.

To you it may be. But to a four year old black kid it’s the only movie he’s ever seen with a kid who looks like him winning the day. So gently caress off in just one conversation of one thread with your bullshit.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

That's a stretch.

I really really don’t think it is. Especially not a superhero.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I mean it’s online but it’s not a great version. I’m waiting for the 4K bluray

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

FilthyImp posted:

Not only did this movie end up causing Lamps to be put in time out in time for my birthday, they cited representation as a goal in the awards speech (approx 40-50 seconds in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zkNVaa4RTY

:bisonyes:

I know I’m a filthy nerd loser for these dead gay forums for that but at work when I read they said that I was like “yes! Suck it forums poster idiot!”

Edit: I’m completely serious about this I realised it might look like a joke it’s not