Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

What's good about these pictures is the Toyota would probably go for 275,000 miles on half an oil change and the Ranger would make it to 20k before the engine fell out in the driveway overnight after a rain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Seinfeld was another quality 90s product.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
90s were cool because the phrase "post-9/11" did not exist

early internet owned

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Hiya Barbie
Hi Ken!
Do you want to go for a ride?
Sure Ken
Jump in
I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation
Come on Barbie, let's go party!
Imagination, life is your creation
I'm a blond bimbo girl, in a fantasy world
Dress me up, make it tight, I'm your dolly
You're my doll, rock'n'roll, feel the glamor in pink
Kiss me here, touch me there, hanky panky
You can touch
you can play
if you say "I'm always yours"
Imagination, life…

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I get knocked down, but I get up again
You are never gonna keep me down
He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink
He sings the songs that remind him of the good times
He sings the songs that remind him of the best times
(Oh Danny Boy, Danny Boy, Danny Boy)
I get…

Ohyesitsme
Apr 12, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
I went to University - best 4 years of my life.
Pearl Jam were still good.
Spent 6 months decorating my friend's 4 rental houses in and out, while drinking all the beer I wanted.
Girls didn't cry rape just because you were both drunk and she regretted cheating on her boyfriend the next morning.
Bellybutton piercings were still cool.
Sex was fantastic, and freely available - back when I was young (early 20s) and long hair on guys was "attractive".

It beat the rear end off being in your 40's.... everything starts to hurt, you have to watch what to eat or you end up fat, you have proper responsibilities....

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Just lol that you peaked at university and are some creepy sex weirdo. Good job.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

90s was the best, grunge music, dinosaurs out the wazoo, mullets, spirit of truth, satanism was still chic and emos hadn't killed off the goth scene, mortal kombat games. if i was an adult at the time it would have been pretty terrible i'd say but if you were a dumb kid it ruled. Except all the deaths. I wept for days when kurt cobain died and then when kristen pfaff dropped off that was my 2 idols gone in a few months but overall a great time to be a delinquent coming of age.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Busta Rhymes.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Ohyesitsme posted:

Girls didn't cry rape just because you were both drunk and she regretted cheating on her boyfriend the next morning.

🚨🚨🚨

Ohyesitsme
Apr 12, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

1500quidpoocati posted:

Just lol that you peaked at university and are some creepy sex weirdo. Good job.

Young, free and single, and it wasn't weird back then - just casual sex (in Scotland and Ireland, and Wales - didn't go to England much.
Now your US colleges have consent forms and all that poo poo - it was like the "Summer of love" but less pubic hair and better looking girls.
Also, good quality cocaine not cut with cattle worming drugs - just glucose, or something healthy like that.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
thought the title was "quit making GBS threads in the 90s" and was wondering what you've been doing since then

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

the 90s were good. I wish I was a kid again.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
The 90's owned. Who can forget Will Smith in Aladdin?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

naeka posted:

90s was the best, grunge music, dinosaurs out the wazoo, mullets, spirit of truth, satanism was still chic and emos hadn't killed off the goth scene, mortal kombat games. if i was an adult at the time it would have been pretty terrible i'd say but if you were a dumb kid it ruled. Except all the deaths. I wept for days when kurt cobain died and then when kristen pfaff dropped off that was my 2 idols gone in a few months but overall a great time to be a delinquent coming of age.

JNCO Jeans

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

up in the place, true indeed

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

They weren't a thing here but i still dress like i'm going to a nirvana gig all these years later and luckily it has come back in fashion now, thanks hipsters.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Bonzo posted:

The 90s were still the 80s until about 1994

Nah, super nintendo marked the birth of the 90s

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
kids were allowed to play outside unsupervised, the internet was still good, slick willy was banging whores left and right. Yeah, the 90s were pretty good

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXBFG2vsyCM

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

This owns.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

I’m now a parent and from what I can tell being a kid today seems like it’s way worse than it was compared to the 90s. About the only improvement seems to be that a lot of schools are tackling bullying. Other than that, it seems really bad.

RossMan4Life
Dec 18, 2002

by R. Guyovich
People really hate Barenaked Ladies & Dave Matthews Band because it's the popular stance now.

They're fine and have been ok since forever. Whatever made the collective opinion flip their poo poo like it's loving Wonderwall is dumb and wrong.

To make it explicitly clear they're ok, not great or bad. Like drat, change your loving Spotify if you don't want them on your 90s hits, but Christ I cannot bear to hear your parroted opinion from your dumb music snob friend.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

RossMan4Life posted:

People really hate Barenaked Ladies & Dave Matthews Band because it's the popular stance now.

No, that's really been around since the start. Just, their original fans got older and smarter.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Fiddler on the Reef posted:

About the only improvement seems to be that a lot of schools are tackling bullying.

I think bullying is good.

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

The 90s were objectively a better time to live if you were a cis het white person in their 20s or 30s in america. Probably the best time in history for that demographic. Various minorities have made social gains they can enjoy since then but otherwise we're all in the same hosed boat economically.

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018
I don't think I've run into enough people that have strong opinions of either band. Who the gently caress has a stance on barenaked ladies?

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Ginette Reno posted:

The 90's owned. Who can forget Will Smith in Aladdin?

couldve used sinbad and tied it into that 90s genie movie shazam

RossMan4Life
Dec 18, 2002

by R. Guyovich

5er posted:

No, that's really been around since the start. Just, their original fans got older and smarter.

To some extent, maybe. But people who "outgrow" pop are usually insufferable.

Don't get me wrong, everyone can think BNL & DMB suck poo poo, that's fine. What isn't is how people fall over themselves to announce their dislike.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

This thread got me to go through my records and dig out The Downward Spiral ready to blast once I get home from work tonight, thanks op for reminding me music stopped being made in 1994 when it peaked for all eternity.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

90's music best music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AguPH0XBxdw

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

King of Bees posted:

Was the summer of the shark the 90s or was it 00?

I think it was actually 01 and 9/11 blew it out of the news cycle

Additionally: Flipmode, Flipmode is the greatest.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
The 90s are odd because you can almost split the decade down the middle in regards to the Internet and technology. Like, look at movies like Singles were there's no cell phones, home computers, Internet, nothing. Then just a few years later you get The Net and You've Got Mail.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Bonzo posted:

The 90s are odd because you can almost split the decade down the middle in regards to the Internet and technology. Like, look at movies like Singles were there's no cell phones, home computers, Internet, nothing. Then just a few years later you get The Net and You've Got Mail.

And gaming too, it felt like all of a sudden we went from 2d to 3d overnight and from muds to Ultima Online was so good and everyone was excited about the future possibilities. Some of my friends and I still play action quake 2 still but can't say there was that longevity for almost anything released since.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

I really like BNL and I don’t care who knows it

Ohyesitsme
Apr 12, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
The GMC Syclone was affordable in Europe due to high fuel prices - and lots had a Whipple supercharger added on. Hell yeah, looks like an old American pickup, but the prices are insane now. Smoke dem tires!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

bnl...good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
making GBS threads on the 90s, it's the new way I like to be.
I'm just making GBS threads on the 90s, come on baby poo poo with me!