Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah! New thread! gently caress movies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
here's a video about flat earthers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gFsOoKAHZg

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

reignofevil posted:

I would like to take this moment to inform any new members reading this thread that Ghosts Are Real.

This is fact. I know this is true, because I'm a ghost.

Killed by Star Wars being bad.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tino posted:

My god, Episode III has ten thousand scenes of ships docking and undocking.

Is it the Star Citizen of movies?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quantum of Phallus posted:

My wish for 2019 is that I see good films

gently caress you, it's forever!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yeah!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I really liked the alt-French-Sci-Fi vibe

I’m a little tired of Star Wars

Are we even getting a Star Wars this year I forget

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

poisonpill posted:

Star Wars: Episode IX is an upcoming American space opera film produced, co-written and directed by J. J. Abrams. It will be the third and final installment of the Star Wars sequel trilogy and the ninth and final installment of the Star Wars Skywalker saga, following The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi. (Wikipedia)
Release date: December 20, 2019 (USA)
Director: J.J. Abrams

:lol:

Kill me

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Rock is terrible and has yet to carry a movie on his own. He’s a hack fraud.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The boys really need to watch The Expanse, as it’s such a loving better show than STD and way more fun than FREAKIN STAH WAHS

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Norton the First posted:

I just finished the second season premiere. Give it to me straight: are these terribly written Martian exposition dumpers going to live more than another episode? Because I want them all to die ASAP.

Okay yes

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The Expanse is a good show that features Dominique Tipper as the female lead

That's not Cara Gee, but I forgive you.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

reignofevil posted:

I sure wish either of those women would sit down for an extended talk about star trek with me.

Too slow, dirtbag!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol phones binch

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

priznat posted:

I can’t watch The Orville just because of Seth. I really don’t like him.

Same. I can’t stand his stupid face.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Watching “Tag” and it’s a really bad movie with unlikable rich people

I mean I like every comedian in it, but the premise is just ehhh

Edit: oh yeah, gotta admit every scene with Hawkeye is pretty funny

I got recommended some clips on YouTube including the ending so I’ve pretty much seen it and goddamn what a piece of poo poo movie where Jeremy Renner has CGI arms and is just beating the poo poo out of his supposed best friends over a game of tag also everyone else is just insufferable

The worst thing about the movie is there’s no loving jokes. At all. Just dumbass quips.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m in line to see Spider-Man but goddamn I didn’t realize there’d be a billion kids to watch this drat cartoon!!!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Into The Spiderverse is so loving good because at its core it’s not a loving comic book movie and I would watch it a hundred times more in the future. It’s creative, genuinely funny, and frankly inventive film that shits over everything in the MCU and the DCU. It takes what works in comic books and adapts it to the silver screen in a way that feels human and relatable, it’s like The RAID, but for loving comic book movies in that it’s loving essential to be able to appreciate film.

Goddamn I can’t wait to see Into The Spiderverse again. It’s soo goddamn original and cool.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
God loving damnit is The Raid still the best loving action movie of the past 50 years. It’s universally a masterclass in rear end-kicking.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dredd 3D is such a perfect companion to the Raid in that it has a similar presence but it kicks just as much loving rear end in its own way.

I’m watching Operation Red Sea with my non-English speaking dad from China and it’s hilarious how much of a Call of Duty ripoff it is for a propaganda flick. It’s actually fun, at least.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Milo and POTUS posted:

Dredd tv show in the style of COPS

You say this but I’m watching Operation Red Sea and it puts every war movie and Call of Duty to loving shame for a goddamn PLA propaganda flick. Like wooooowwww.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Please watch Operation Red Sea as it puts American war movies to loving shame.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whiter than a Wilco show posted:

How much are you being paid to shill the propaganda of a literal fascist dictator currently doing a genocide?

I mean, Donald Trump has yet to put out a decent movie.

At least ORS is watchable.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress me, Into The Spiderverse was so loving good.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YagotmeIdidit posted:

I feel like some of you are over-hyping Spiderverse

This is what I thought then goddamn it’s actually a good loving movie on its own merits

And I hate comic book movies

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

luchajones posted:

Spider verse was just

SHUT THE gently caress UP JOSH

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Please watch The Expanse and Into the Spider-Verse, as those are actually original, creative, and loving visually incredible pieces of work well worth your loving time.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Woah woah woah, let's not get too wild here, it's actually way more entertaining knowing that it's Chinese propaganda, let's not get our wires twisted. Operation Red Sea is loving hilarious as a tribute to the Jack Bauer and Black Hawk Down aesthetic. It's actually incredible, in that it never loving ends.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
your avatar is evidence enough that nobody should be wasting their time on your lovely posts, and this is loving GBS of all places

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saint Drogo posted:

this does imply people older than 20 make these images :chloe:

It looks like something a CineD poster would make

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMHwRal-AR8

Netflix might finally have a good movie

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you guys want a real laugh, here is uh, some bizarre footage of Nic Cage talking about Into the Spider-Verse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ih7tDjZm1Y

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I checked CineD again today and it was still bad

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Into the Spider-Verse thread had someone unironically crying about Bernie Sanders voters, lmfao

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shinjobi posted:

I'm torn between a desire to check and a desire to run far, far away

That’s all fine and well and good, but when 99% of these points are made by white dudes on the internet who in real life sure come off as “well actually” dudes who Probably voted for Bernie,. it comes off as gross. We can discuss the finer points in what? A dozen years or more of these kick rear end characters audiences have been begging for?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gildiss posted:

Who would've won? Spider-man Noir or Bernie?

You fool, Spiderman Noir is obviously Bernie

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
loving hell the plinketto board is so drat cool

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mace Windu is a Niceguy

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
New Yorkers can’t be assassins because we’re all yelling “eh wiseguy I’m walkin ‘ere” at each other at the top of our lungs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
new spiderman looks so boring