Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

chitoryu12 posted:

King Crimson is barely even on Spotify.
They literally just put their stuff up on Spotify... the 11th, it was longer ago than I thought, so like under three weeks ago.

just in case anyone else wants to listen to some KC :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
hey now for like two weeks we kicked the poo poo out of the conventional Iraqi military

just nobody look at anything that happened after

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
This is the only place I can think to ask, I saw a tweet about what Italians eat for breakfast (you know, like, a cigarette and half a plastic wrapped croissant) and google isn't helping and it's driving me insane, please help me goons you're my only hope

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
...that literally took you FOUR MINUTES, including the time to, you know, see my post.

I'm amazed, but also thankful.

edit: and yes it was on page 27 of this thread but I had to find that out manually

DACK FAYDEN has a new favorite as of 01:38 on Jul 15, 2019

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
...is that not the Gail Simone or is she somehow not famous enough to get a checkmark, that's really weird to me that they wouldn't give her one especially given all the vitriol she gets targeted with

(it's because Jack's a Nazi yeah yeah)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

zoux posted:

Who the gently caress expects to get a job in Egyptology with a masters
I assume it was a bachelors, single major

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Someone, somewhere, is like "this is perfect for my computer desk, which has exactly a two inch clearance because I live in an unrenovated 1830s house that..." and going on for four minutes before ordering seven of these.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

nerdz posted:

it's level scaling actually
:yeah:

I laughed out loud at this post and I am not ashamed to say it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Surprised there's only one tweet telling them to auction it for charity, that's genuine history right there

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Am I the jaded one? Am I out of touch with the cool kids>!? Sometimes these kids post some of the most inane poo poo i've ever seen. Like Da Share Zone levels but somehow less comprehensible and ironic. It's great.
Highlighted portions confirm you're good. Not old yet.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
man I don't know how The Cask of Amontillado became such a meme in the 2010s but I am extremely here for it to continue

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
he's the party's "defence spokesman" too, that poo poo has layers

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"plain toast" is a loving perfect burn, good on that guy

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Beartaco posted:

You have chosen or been chosen to relocate to one of our finest remaining urban centers.
:yeah:

This was a good post.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ambitious Spider posted:

Get what you’re saying but more recently you could pin a lot of this blame on the Oklahoma investigation stopping at mcveigh and not following up on Elohim city because they wanted to avoid another Waco
haha that's gotta be fake

*search on Wikipedia*

...well gently caress

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Do we have a :siren: but for the Third Amendment, because it's my favorite-positioned of all the Amendments given how little it sees use in the modern day. 2020 is loving wild.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
What the gently caress, I scrolled like 20 replies down and literally nobody mentioned that the Pringles Guy is Nebula Award winning recently deceased author Gene Wolfe

...well, it technically isn't actually him, because:

Wikipedia posted:

The Pringles logo is a stylized cartoon caricature of the head of a male figure (officially known as "Julius Pringles"[35]) designed by Louis R. Dixon, with a large mustache and parted bangs (until 2001, the character had eyebrows and his bow tie framed the product name; in 1998, the bangs and lips were removed from the logo, and his head was widened a little).
but that gentleman likely knew Gene because he invented part of the Pringles production process and look at the picture of Gene and so on

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Riatsala posted:

Ah, now I get what that Venture Bros episode was referencing
...the Bible?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I always knew Eustace Bagg was alt-right, he's an oogaboogaboogaloo boy

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

morallyobjected posted:

well, the intersection of wealth inequality and the Banach-Tarski Theorem was not where I expected to find a joke today.
what's an anagram of Banach-Tarski?

Banach-Tarski Banach-Tarski

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Slippery posted:

That's great to know, thanks for the info!
did Wasteland 3 fix the Wasteland 2 issue (common to a lot of the older CRPGs) where there were like eleven jillion identical skills and you just couldn't know how to cover them, plus Toaster Repair which was just "lockpick, but gimmicky"

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Slippery posted:

Toaster Repair was in the original Wasteland too though, so I kind of hope they kept it in there.

I think the only place you could train in it was at the guardian citadel though
Yeah, it was a good callback, they just... like, in the original it was a goofy fun thing, in 2 the toasters just had loot that could have been in safes and vice versa so it was just "here's another lockpick skill good luck fuckers" (also good to hear W3 pulled back on that, I will likely pick it up at some point)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

bob dobbs is dead posted:

pikmin is strangely more lower class japanese feeling than the other nintendo games
well it makes sense, since it came from Miyamoto tooling around in his garden, Olimar has to be a lowly salt of the earth type (and unlike Mario, who is presumably similarly classed, he doesn't bang a princess)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
If any major actor was to be a goon, Ryan Reynolds and Vin Diesel would be my two front-runner guesses, but that doesn't make it likely, just more likely.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

zoux posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CharlemagnumPI/status/1309874867328692226

Guys I haven’t been putting heredity on my resumes is that the problem
"son of a Rhodes Scholar" is my favorite Kefka quote

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Stoatbringer posted:

As an atheist I'm personally very fond of Ezekiel 23:19.
Gonna rep Proverbs 26:18-19, that one was millennia ahead of its time in predicting the modern internet.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

RandomFerret posted:

Bad as it is now, I can only imagine what they were saying back in the 70s
I know in Pittsburgh it was mostly about the rivers catching fire, what's the Philadelphia equivalent?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Vanadium posted:

Christ, the Gandalf quote is just saying "don't kill Gollum because you're gonna need him to bite off your fingers to yeet the ring into the volcano, also I'm a wizard and speak in stupid puzzles". It's not a universal principle.
...given JRRT's strong Catholicism it likely was intended to be a universal principle?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Uptime Sinclair posted:

This one always comes to mind for best (and most laconic) footnote:
https://twitter.com/heerjeet/status/1314950961903726592?s=21
did anyone ever track down this paper because I have been wondering for ages (I assume his "other work" is, in fact, his other mathematical work, and this is citing a paper in his off-field, rather than his being the Unabomber)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Biplane posted:

Its obviously referencing his being the Unabomber. Come on dude
That isn't nearly as funny, so I choose to believe it is not true :colbert:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
yo this is excellent thank you for finding it

(I am sad that it is not a paper predating his outing as the Unabomber that retroactively became hilarious, which I still maintain would have been significantly funnier than the alternative)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Surprisingly interesting content, honestly. I didn't know anything about wagons before this and now I can tell a box wagon from a bow wagon. They also have a wagon from fuckin like 1780 or some poo poo, that's an old-rear end fuckin wagon.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Beeswax posted:

Doesn't matter
There's enough content out there that we don't have to post content from people with distasteful political views. We're not hard up for funny tweets.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

FFT posted:

this isn't a new idea but the last notable one did a hell of a lot better because it was started by someone already internet notable (probably) instead of Ilhan Omar's "comms director"
hey wait isn't that the person whose rig she played Among Us on

they got a sick computer for work purposes

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The computer belongs to the team's video editor, which is why it has insane amounts of ram and killer graphics.
I assumed her team was small enough that the comms director was also the video editor, that's my bad.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

nexus6 posted:

I get this and all, but 'eat outdoors'? In November?
It's been unseasonably warm in some parts (it was seventy last week and it's hovering around sixty every day this week so far) so it might not be entirely stupid! Just mostly.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

bowmore posted:

men haven't changed huh
Men. Men never change.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
https://twitter.com/TeamLiquid/status/1358022633019895808

I'm not a fuckin bitcoiner it's just funny

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

number 1 snake fan posted:

Lol Babish was never good, he sucks at cooking somehow.
as someone who went to high school with him, I will say he did get funnier since then

(prepared to believe he has not gotten better at cooking but we weren't close or anything)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

D-Pad posted:

I said "gun" though so that makes me a crazy person who just wants to shoot people.
yeah basically

keep diggin that hole if you want to but I mean yes