Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Bale's Batman voice getting progressively worse and sillier was always amazing to me. Especially in the scenes where he was only talking to people who knew he was Bruce Wayne. If there were a 4th Nolan film he would straight up sound like Donald Duck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yv8aT0UFc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

Just from what I've seen in the trailers so far I'm way more excited for Phoenix's joker than I was for Leto's, so if they want to pull some bullshit retconning to get it into the wider DC universe I'm all for it.
Joker takes place in the 80s and the next Batman movie is supposed to be set in the 90s so I won't be surprised if they do that

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Crackbone posted:

A white guy who complains that "PC culture" won't let him make another Hangover movie doesn't have that much to actually say?
Shocking.
yeah but he's right. woke culture types often cannot process that "protagonists" don't have to equal "good guy" and that the movies aren't endorsing their actions just because they're the main characters

and even when they acknowledge that, they still think that it will instill bad ideas in the average person because they can't be trusted to process those ideas like adults, and that the movies need to scold them instead

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

cool

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

McCloud posted:

Pretty sure hbomberguy savagely dunked on the guy not too long ago
he tweeted "guess that's why he's not called socioeconomics bob"

chipman then changed his twitter name to that for a day because he wasn't mad at all

otherwise all I know about him is that his "why ghostbusters is that good" video was good, then I checked his twitter and he was doing the eugenics dogwhistle stuff already mentioned. also he made a *4 hour* series on why he didn't like Batman v Superman

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Neo Rasa posted:

Cavill was excellent but he seems done with it for good.
he just said the complete opposite of that in a Men's Health interview, so that's up to DC

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

FilthyImp posted:

But maybe Bats and Superman get recast? That would be some weird rear end Crisis on Infinite Earths poo poo.
Well Batman was recast. But DC isn't really doing a cinematic universe so if, say Affleck changed his mind, they could have some films with him and some with Pattinson

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

They've been saying it's not a sequel or reboot. But from what I've read it almost sounds like a restart that ignores the other movies. They haven't been super clear about it.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Mr. Apollo posted:

I think the way they’re retconning it is that Diana helps people but doesn’t want it known. After BvS she decides to work more openly and allows herself to become a symbol of hope and truth.
This retconn also allows them to explain how Lex found out about her and was able to track her back to WW1.
in the trailer she is knocking out mall security cameras, so maybe she's still trying to be low profile (even though she's fighting in a mall)

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Aces High posted:

What? They're not going to just hire Nolan North to do it live action? He basically IS Drake irl

He's old now

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Violator posted:

Like that dragon movie with Matthew McConaughey where their religion is based on Star Wars.
nah they were just telling kids a story in that scene. the best part of a really dumb screenplay

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Shneak posted:

One of the thugs was filming Batman on a phone.
I also think the guy at the funeral was holding a phone in his hand, and there were widescreen flat monitors. I remember reading the "set in the 90s thing" a while back but never saw it again. So Joaquin Phoenix Joker tie in hopes are totally out.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Mandrel posted:

Side note: I love Michael Keaton and acting wise thought he was fine but that casting choice still makes those movies hilarious to me. He’s such a unassuming skinny little nerd who Burton somehow managed to make look even smaller and less imposing than he already is even when he’s in costume. He’s looking up at Kim Basinger in some shots. Nicholson’s Joker looks like he has about 50 lbs on him. That opening scene in 89 when he just appears and stands there like a dork with his cape in the air, gets shot and crumples over, then stands up and just sticks his cape in the air again while these two thugs probably each twice his size scream in terror is so loving funny
my only real problem with him was that he made this face constantly

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

It's also not unprecedented, they did the same with The Hateful Eight extended version. Four 1 hour episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Just learned this is Colin Farrell as Penguin in the teaser

Only registered members can see post attachments!