Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

why the hell would I know anything about your n2 chat

and again

Get hosed I've been after you since d2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
so not gonna answer that question or?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

so not gonna answer that question or?

Gee how would you know what I said in a chat with random players in a hidden role game.

Perhaps if there was some sort of adversarial faction the members of whom are unknown that can communicate with each other. And one of them was in the chat.

I don't know how many scum are left someone in that chat could be one.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
So tell us who do you think this person is.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

A Sometimes Food posted:

Gee how would you know what I said in a chat with random players in a hidden role game.

Perhaps if there was some sort of adversarial faction the members of whom are unknown that can communicate with each other. And one of them was in the chat.

I don't know how many scum are left someone in that chat could be one.

Who in that chat do you think is scum?

As to your earlier point, Toal claims to have an investigation on you that returned town, but clearly their investigations are compromised (or fake). Would it not be reasonable to press Toal for why they are pushing for a Rex lunch when the natural assumption is that they are insane and the investigation result on you is the scum result?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Please actually look at the situation objectively.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

We need to stop echoing each other here.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Im skimming through day 3 and I dont even know who ASF is with during N2

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Not sure, still rereading everyone in n2 chat. Alsothe info may have come from elsewhere/you wildly guessed n3 not knowing an easy result. Your flip will help there.

I know I'm town so my assumption with Toal is and remains that they are lying scum, had their IP result hosed with or they're an insane cop where results are randomised instead of reversed.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Oh so you're just pulling crap out of your rear end and tunnelling me because you're salty that I FOS you once in day 2. Okay.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

A Sometimes Food posted:

Right. You'll need an old man and a can of prunes.

Fifth and final post day 1. Scum move.

A Sometimes Food posted:

Keane's intial post was laughing about cuddling an empowerer, he explained it as ruefully laughing at our bad luck but it was easy to read as gloating scum posting in the wrong chat.

A Sometimes Food posted:

Keane was unlikely to have been killed by a townie though, the other nightkill victim was scum. Keane would probably have been killed by scum while vig/3p killed Tobbs.

If three kills happen tonight, it's possible scum got stopped n1 and we got two vig/3p kills n1.

A Sometimes Food posted:

Scum may not have thought it was a strong enough case to work with, may have had another tactic in mind or really unlikely admittedly, there were no betrayers on the riverbank to see Keane's "scumslip".

Or yeah we could have three nightkills and scum just didn't get theirs off last night.

A Sometimes Food posted:

the rules say yes, but the flavour for the deaths make it seem more like kills. Keane's certainly was. He was explicitly murdered.

Good point though, hadn't thought of that. Tobbs may have run afoul of something.

day 2 participation riding off the back of commentary, no reads.

A Sometimes Food posted:

Uh, what?

My points on Keane were confirming that Keane did make a sus post in river chat, but then pointing out that seeing as Tobbs was scum it was unlikely town killed Keane.

A Sometimes Food posted:

Like not to OMGUS, but I was not particularly sold on cuddling you, but that was a really bad post Dick.

the only time ASF posted about other players was when called out by DB.

A Sometimes Food posted:

AAI's flailing reminds me of my flailing as scum a few games back when I misread the thread and mixed in scum knowledge accidentally in my posts. Like it could be an innocent misread but it is really reminiscent of me loving up as scum a few games back.

I never pushed a narrative keane scumslipped. I noted Keane made a post in river chat that could have been read as a scumslip, but then noted it was unlikely he was killed for it as he was probably killed by scum. This constant misreading of my posts has got me self conscious. Were my posts that poorly worded or are people deliberately mischaracterising my posts?

Also

You were the person to post this in the thread despite the fact the other nightkill was of scum and you should have assumed the Keane nk was by scum. Combined with AAI slipping that he assumed scum got blocked, I'm wondering if scum got blocked and both Moritz and AAI slipped up by posting with that in mind.

##vote Tired Moritz

This post is much more similar to the post that Rex accused me of making. A gentle (scum) push towards AAI (town) but ultimately ending the vote on someone else, literally unwilling to commit to that push on the same post. Instead accusing someone else of misreading them because they felt safer about it probably.

A Sometimes Food posted:

Not convinced with TMo but willing to see what plays out with their claim. As I discussed in the cliffs chat I am onboard with a Xiw cuddle, it'd be good to see if the scum spread theory has merit, especially as confirmed town Beet first floated it.

##vote Xiw

Again, the scum on the vote that rex was worried about if that still matters.

A Sometimes Food posted:

I'd rather not claim. Claiming the specifics of my role would reduce the effectiveness of town with a related role. If we do mass claim I will only do so after them.

I'm not sure that this changes anything with the back up claim? I'm not sure how claiming back up would weaken other roles.

And that's just about all of ASF's posts. ASF is scum imo lets save ourselves a lunch and start there. Thank you namaste.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

A Sometimes Food posted:

I know I'm town so my assumption with Toal is and remains that they are lying scum, had their IP result hosed with or they're an insane cop where results are randomised instead of reversed.

Yes but we don't know this.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Tired Moritz posted:

Did they even claim who they "searched" last night?

Nobody, I was injured.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Trying to figure out if asf is really bad town or regular bad scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tired Moritz posted:

Im skimming through day 3 and I dont even know who ASF is with during N2

Rex and I.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Toalpaz posted:

I guess Somber could be scum too.

That would be a pretty cool gambit.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Ohh, asf is the second backup. Hm.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
ASF: please post your role + night actions

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Toalpaz (3): Somberbrero, Somberbrero, KhediveRex, Somberbrero, Max, A Sometimes Food, Max, A Sometimes Food, Tired Moritz
Tired Moritz (1): A Sometimes Food
A Sometimes Food (1): Toalpaz
KhediveRex (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Toalpaz
xiw (0): A Sometimes Food, A Sometimes Food

Not Voting (4): b-minus1, Max, Mr. Humalong, xiw

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 25th, 2019 at 8:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 3 hours.

:siren: There is a rumbling in the mountains! :siren:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote asf

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I think it would help to have everyone post short reads on everyone else just to put everything together. I'll try to do a summary of everything we know when I get home.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The oscars are tonight and I need to win my oscar pool so probably tomorrow.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I'll post mine tomorrow morning. Today was not a great day for me and I'm heading to bed early.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Dead Players

Infinitum - Sefu - Village aligned Empowerer was exiled into the desert on day 1!

CCKeane - Miane - Self aligned Jester was murdered on night 1, he has lost the game.

Tobbs - Tathra - Betrayer aligned Rolecop was strung up, gutted, and filled with scorpions on night 1!

Hal Incandenza - Amsi - Self aligned lyncher can no longer win and has lost the game and wandered into the desert on night 1!

merk - Braheem - village aligned Vengeful Villager was modkilled for not paying attention on day 2

flerp - Hunra - Self aligned Serial Killer was staked with a strange invention on day 2!

chaoslord - oba - self aligned survivor was exiled into the desert on day 2!

hambeet - Zuberi - village aligned inventor was murdered on night 2!

bowmore - Maat - Villager aligned Bomb was exiled to the desert on day 3!

dick bastardly - Astarte - Villager aligned Jailor was murdered on night 3!

Icephoenix - Donkor - village aligned bulletproof was modkilled for copy pasting out of thread communication on day 4.

Alive Player Claims[/b]

1. Toalpaz

Claimed Cop on D4.

Investigations were:
AnAnonymous Idiot/IcePhoenix - Scum, but flipped town
A Sometimes Food - Town
Humalong - Failed Investigation

2. KhediveRex

Claimed Cop to me privately in the Red Cliffs on N1

Investigations were:
Keane - Failed because Keane died. I can confirm that KR mentioned investigating Keane to me night one, I thought it was a good idea. The other name he floated was Hum.
ASometimesFood - Failed Investigation
Toal - Failed Investigation

3. Max
Verified doublevoter with limited charges.

Given a gun by Hambeet, shot SK

4.b-minus
Backup for Empowerer/Cop/Tracker
Became an Empowerer end of D1
Empowered:
Max N1
Beet N2
DB N3

Specifically, binus is 'First Backup'

Binus can you please clarify the exact function of the Empowerer role?

5. A Sometimes Food
Flavor name Tabia
Claimed Secondary Backup for Cop/Tracker/Empowerer/Jailor
Became a Jailor at the end of N3

6. Xiw

Claimed 'Sandstormed' on N2 and forced to the Riverbank to heal on N3

I'm just going to quote this because it's a lot.
"Zalaki, scavenger, I passively search "better" and I can pick someone to get a copy of their search result if they get one. I have been assuming this stacks with the staying in one place bonus but i don't think i get to search tonight at all so i'm not going to be able to search somewhere good until N4 now."

7. Tired Moritz
Tracker
Max N1 to nowhere
DickyB N2 to nowhere
ASF N3 nowhere

8. Humalong
Unclaimed

9. [b]Somberbrero

Unclaimed
Jailed N3

This isn't everything but I don't have much more time tonight.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
lol of course i hosed that up. cpiggy may i please fix?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
my flavor name Bomani

As empowerer, my target is immune to jail or roleblock

My role pm for First Backup states that the first time that a cop, jailer or empowerer dies, I take over that role. It doesn't explicitly say what kind of cop. So it's possible that backups aren't able to take over a rolecop. ASF claimed to take over jailer N3, which supports this interpretation. Obviously ASF could be lying scum, or scum backup. Did ASF claim their n3 target?

Rex and toal claimed that their investigations failed last night. Actually, Rex's investigations have failed every night. :raise:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Binus - probably town

Max - maybe probably town

Tired Moritz - I think maybe town

Hum - true neutral

Asf - chaotic neutral

Xiw - lawful scum

Toal - neutral scum

Krex - literally impossible for me to read given n1 but I must assume is town

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

Did ASF claim their n3 target?

I haven't targeted anyone, db was killed n3, I did not functionally become jailer until d4, sorry if I was unclear.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Also

##vote Toalpaz

Still happy with this vote and the TM one isn't going anywhere apparently.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##unvote no

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Asf I need you to post some better reads

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Asf I need you to post some better reads

Toal - I still don't entirely trust two cops, and they got town killed (sorta, ip got modkilled defending themselves badly, but toal was aiming for that). That said they were pretty consistently on AAI/IP from n1 onwards which lends credence to them actually investigating. That said they can't be a conventional insane cop because they said I'm town which is correct.
Basically I don't think they can be an insane cop, they could have a situation where IP got framed, but I'm doubtful.

KRex - I am curious why they can't seem to investigate anybody? Like that's my main issue with a Toal vote, Rex's cop claim is also pretty weak. They haven't tried to kill two town though.

TM and Max - I have posted on them previously.

Toalpaz posted:

I'm not sure that this changes anything with the back up claim? I'm not sure how claiming back up would weaken other roles.

Claiming secondary backup exposes the existence of primary backup indicating that town has an empowerer running around.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

To clarify, toal wasn't aiming to get IP modkilled, they were aiming to get IP lunched.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I would appreciate it if you posted reads on everyone.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Xiw - I remain suspicious of, especially in light of the vote moving off them and onto town.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Hum, Somber and binus - honestly feel you guys are town.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

A Sometimes Food posted:

Hum, Somber and binus - honestly feel you guys are town.

Expand on that

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Expand on that

Those three just never twigged any suspicion on my part. It's a little hard to define a negative? I just have no real casing on Hum, Somber and binus. On binus the fact that they claimed the counterpart to my role that I knew existed leads me to trust them more.

I suppose the fact both you and Hum are completely unaccounted for as far as actions and roles go after everyone else has claimed is a bit weird?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

A Sometimes Food posted:

Those three just never twigged any suspicion on my part. It's a little hard to define a negative? I just have no real casing on Hum, Somber and binus. On binus the fact that they claimed the counterpart to my role that I knew existed leads me to trust them more.

I suppose the fact both you and Hum are completely unaccounted for as far as actions and roles go after everyone else has claimed is a bit weird?

What role do you think hum and I are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

What role do you think hum and I are?

No idea really, all the roles I know are/were present because of my role are accounted for, so possibly some weird roles, maybe passive roles.

Or my reads could be way off and you're both scum.

I'm looking at the singular on role there and wondering if that's a clue though. Masons?