Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

panda clue posted:

People in the Titanfall 2 thread are swearing 2 made plenty of money after selling hajillion kabillion copies, and that 3 is definitely still in production :ssh:

Wasn't titanfall 2 released like the same month as battlefield 1? I blame EA more than anything for how Titanfall has gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

I would pay $1 per game (ideally by feeding quarters into my desktop tower) to drop in a Titan. I’m just saying.

Titans were the worst part of titanfall.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
So I play exclusively with friends and sometimes they can be super frustrating to play with because a few of them are super poor at communicating and tend to go off on their own without saying anything. Obviously, I can't control what they say or do and I'm trying to be patient with them and suggest what they could do differently next time, but it feels like it's going to be an uphill battle. What can I do myself to help independently of my teammates, besides improving shooting and such. I've started playing Gibraltar because his shield is very good at keeping people from running away, but he's not a favorite hero of mine by any means.

Also my friends always want to drop hot but, frankly, they don't have the gunslinging skill to take those fights. So they want to play passively after landing hot then get pushed on by aggressive squads and get picked off. It's extremely frustrating. I'd be perfectly fine dropping far and playing the circle but that rarely happens.

Edit: I will say one bad habit I need to quash is using the pings as a crutch. I've caught myself calling too generally or saying they're right there assuming people always will see my pings.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 11, 2019

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Groovelord Neato posted:

yeah my only complaint is the TTK is a little on the high side. i prefer it to the low TTK in pubg though.

Ttk is a lot lower if you're consistently landing shots/headshots. Lowering ttk would be a huge mistake.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Cicadalek posted:

It drives me fuckin insane

they should get fatboy slim to score this game

That'd be fitting because becoming the kill leader makes me feel like Christopher Walken from Weapon of Choice.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

G1ZM0 posted:

So there's a dupe bug for health, shields and ultimate accelerator. Supposedly it works for grenades too, but I didn't see that.

Oh well it was fun while it lasted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPlzjKOfQpk

It'll probably get patched the same day Respawn becomes aware of it.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

barkbell posted:

bloodhound owns. Is there any bad character in this game? They all seem useful

Mirage seems middling and Caustic seems actively hurtful to your own team.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

panda clue posted:

'caustic bad' is becoming a noob dog whistle at this point

lol you're still going :allears:

If there's advanced Caustic strats feel free to share. He seems like he isn't all that good and then he negatively impacts your team ontop of that.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
How much info is displayed between detailed and compact tool tip pop-ups? I've been rolling with detailed as I learned the game but I should probably swap over to compact.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

barkbell posted:

How accurate is that

It's probably based on the new area pop up that tells you what quality loot is in each area. Seems accurate to me.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
If you're not jump kicking or slide kicking loot ticks I don't know what to tell you.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Eleeleth posted:

Anecdotally, I was having consistent crashes every 4-5 games and rolling back my graphics card drivers fixed it.

I'm on current drivers and have had zero crashes so far. I'm the only one in my groups that hasn't crashed at this point.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Installed shadowplay and got an absolute corker with some truly amazing pubbies but the audio has really loud glitchy pops in some spots damnit.

If your pc can support it just run obs. Shadowplay has never not been a gigantic mess for me.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Ravenfood posted:

I feel like I am the only person who ever drops into Thunderdome. Is there a secret reason it's bad?

There's not a whole lot of loot but my crew drops there regularly because it has good access to skull town. Same deal with the Pit and Slum Lakes.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

shut up blegum posted:

It's pretty stupid that you can't use medical syringes when moving. Also annoying that the tooltip says pressing triangle cancels the healing, but doesn't say anything about moving.

You can move with syringes and all healing/recharging. It's just pretty slow. You can't sprint or anything.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
https://giant.gfycat.com/ComposedChillyIslandcanary.webm

I didn't realize you could punt people off the supply ship!

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Just Chamber posted:

I knocked a guy off the airbase to his death the other day and it was the best feeling.

And I didn't know you could uppercut, is that just crouch + punch?

I think it's either a crouch punch or a slide punch. Not really sure which in hindsight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Has anyone gotten a bug where they're unable to fire their gun or ADS? It happened to me twice today and I can't find anyone else complaining about it. Am I seriously the only one that has this issue? Twice now I've been in a fight and suddenly I can't fire, ads or reload my gun, and it's the most infuriating thing in the world.