Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hockey?
This poll is closed.
10 7.25%
25 18.12%
32 23.19%
71 51.45%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Kurtis Gabriel and Nolan Patrick both might end being the first two players ever suspended for separate hits on each other in the same game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I guess all the Pettersson fellatio has faded into the background for me. :shrug: This is why I asked!

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

shyduck posted:

Kurtis Gabriel and Nolan Patrick both might end being the first two players ever suspended for separate hits on each other in the same game

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

DJExile posted:

It's a step up for the Preds, yeah.

unrelated, holy poo poo ducks goin be ooooooooollllllllllllld

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1101666542192943104

Holy goddamn that's some Tom Wilson money

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Sucks losing that one tonight since the Pens kinda dominated that game (wtf Buffalo, dominated by that d?).

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

FBS posted:

Who's currently leading the Calder race?

how dare you

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm genuinely surprised Patrick's ended up being a bust, seemingly. I didn't expect greatness but I thought he'd be a solid regular 50-60 pt guy.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'm genuinely surprised Patrick's ended up being a bust, seemingly. I didn't expect greatness but I thought he'd be a solid regular 50-60 pt guy.

He had groin surgery early on and I don't think Hakstol really knew how to deploy him. He's found a better groove the last couple months.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
The Canes are going to cause problems in the East if their goaltending doesn't turn back into pumpkins

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Gerblederp posted:

Phase 1: see if they want to stick with Gretzky
Phase 2: search frantically for another Gretzky brother What's Joey Moss doing?
Phase 3: ask other GMs how to run a hockey team

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Frankly Joey Moss can do better

Like, a lot better

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNleTrmlbyw

Bunch of jerks.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

:sbahj:

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Frankly Joey Moss can do better

Like, a lot better

Also, his sister once dated a Gretzky.

poo poo, I think I've nailed this!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:randpop:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

That’s awesome.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Mike_V posted:

The Canes are going to cause problems in the East if their goaltending doesn't turn back into pumpkins

I think part of our success is that we're basically splitting games down the middle between McElhinny and Mrazek. I think it's helping Mrazek's confidence but also keeps McElhinny fresh and rested.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
the washington capitals are going to win the stanley cup

they did last year and their team is even better this year

Connolly, Wilson and Vrana are on a tear, Oshie found his scoring touch again, and we have 6 decent d-men if we bench Orpik

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The slow start last night still pisses me off but I’ll get over it. They clamped down, Holtby was awesome as usual, and the crossbar helped a few times. Good win and hopefully a confidence booster.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Also:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=g6_5WQPVAZM

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I can't wait for the SCF between WACKY POST-GAME ANTICS and Medieval Times on Ice.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

I can't wait for the SCF between WACKY POST-GAME ANTICS and Medieval Times on Ice.

I mean, the Washington Capitals are going to win the Stanley Cup, and all that...but this result would own too.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

that holyfield/martinook fight is the funniest loving thing I have ever seen

E:
https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/1101867139647131648

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This is getting good...

:munch:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who has the tiebreaker between the capitals and the Islanders

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Probably comes down to goal differential since they're the same in ROW.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's games played right now.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

once GP is even, assuming points are still the same things are going to get very interesting

quote:

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order: The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any “odd” games, shall be used to determine the standing. The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season. NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

currently they've played eachother 3 times, meaning the first game in New York doesn't count for tie-breaker purposes until their last game of the season is played. Might come down to goal differential at that point.

JawKnee fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 2, 2019

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Going to back to the Sean Avery video, I'm wondering if his comment about Tavares not getting arrested was a dig at another player who was arrested?

Claude Giroux was arrested in 2014 while captain of the Flyers. I believe he's the only current NHL captain who was arrested while captain of his team.

Eric Staal and Jordan Staal were arrested in 2007 and went on to be captains of the Carolina Hurricanes. Dustin Byfuglien is alternate captain of the Jets and was previously arrested, back in 2011. Ryan O'Reilly was also named alternate captain of the Sabres shortly before being arrested. Patrick Kane has been an alternate alternate captain and has had a few legal battles. Mike Richards was captain of the Flyers and used to get into it with Avery, and he was later arrested, too.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Caps have to play Carolina twice and Tampa Bay three times in the month of March...

:randno:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Cartoon Man posted:

Caps have to play Carolina twice and Tampa Bay three times in the month of March...

:randno:

Jackets are done with Tampa and Washington, but have two more against Pittsburgh, one against the Isles, one against Carolina, and I think like three against Boston.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zodijackylite posted:

Going to back to the Sean Avery video, I'm wondering if his comment about Tavares not getting arrested was a dig at another player who was arrested?

Claude Giroux was arrested in 2014 while captain of the Flyers. I believe he's the only current NHL captain who was arrested while captain of his team.

Eric Staal and Jordan Staal were arrested in 2007 and went on to be captains of the Carolina Hurricanes. Dustin Byfuglien is alternate captain of the Jets and was previously arrested, back in 2011. Ryan O'Reilly was also named alternate captain of the Sabres shortly before being arrested. Patrick Kane has been an alternate alternate captain and has had a few legal battles. Mike Richards was captain of the Flyers and used to get into it with Avery, and he was later arrested, too.

Sean Avery thinks that an NHL player who makes $13 million takes home $600k, I'm not sure there's always logic behind what he says.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Zodijackylite posted:

Reminds me of the fact that Jordan Staal and Faulk were co captains at one point. I'm still baffled at why that was done. None of the players thought it made sense either.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Maybe mortgaging draft picks and stocking on UFAs wasn't such a good idea, if Edmonton's going to push you around.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Columbus just loves to lay a complete loving egg at home randomly I don't get it

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

They've been dogshit since the All Star Break.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Boomer The Cannon posted:

They've been dogshit since the All Star Break.

Caps used to do this too, but this year they were smart and got their slump out of the way before the All Star break.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/HockeyWebCast/status/1101914487727292417

same, john

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

The Bluejackets are like your drug-addicted relative:

You love them all the same, but they're a loving trainwreck and they're not getting anywhere near your kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I can't wait for McDavid and Draisaitl to both be top 5 in points and top 10 in goals and for the Oilers to have missed the playoffs by at least 10 points.