Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Also get used to one incident with Aceveda being replayed over and over and over in previews throughout the show's run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Medullah posted:

Does it still always show "previously on The Shield..." On Hulu?

I'm not sure, to be honest.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Documentaries should be as long as they want to be. Don't rush them because you're impatient.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Amazon has the most obscure band documentaries by far if that's your thing.

I see you have that already. Still, my point stands.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

I can't stand up near kristen bell.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

I'm going through Justified right now and feeling a little guilty about it.

Constantly making fun of that Aryan looking motherfucker for an entire season was pretty hilarious, though.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

nate fisher posted:

I think my first experience with an ‘inspired by a true story’ lie was Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I remember when everyone was watching this on VHS back in the 80’s, and coming to school swearing Leatherface and his family were real. Now we all know it was loosely inspired by the story of Ed Gein.

Also I remember how many people got tricked by the Blair Witch marketing (there was even missing person posted) and the fake documentary that aired on SciFi. I am still shocked how many people thought it was real.

The one movie that duped me? Faces of Death. I didn’t find out until a few years ago a lot of that was fake.

I thought/wanted Blair Witch to be real because I was 12 and it all took place like 45 minutes from my house.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Field Mousepad posted:

A bunch of friends and me smoked about a pound of weed before we watched it in the theater and we were convinced it was real. We were all in our early 20's and very stupid.

That's the way to do it, imo. Once you start looking at it through a pragmatic lens it kinda sucks.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Terminal autist posted:

I haven't watched the movie but I don't think any context makes this ok.(please ignore the source I'm sure shes a chud)

I didn't watch the movie and the source of it is a chud acting in bad faith, but I'm definitely in the right here.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Terminal autist posted:

I've been the guy yelling at people for taking poo poo out of context and not watching the movie before like I get it, I'm probably being a dumb rear end hole. I've done the research and I'm not tone deaf I understand critiquing the lived experience of a queer poc women as a white dude really makes me come off as an rear end in a top hat but again any other subject matter and this doesn't happen.

I think the uncomfortable connection no one wants to make is Larry Clark and Kids. In no way am I suggesting she is a predator or people who watch the movie are pedophiles but they're still sexually exploiting children by filming those scenes. I think she just made an incredibly unfortunate movie and regardless of the intention she still is doing what the movie is supposed to be against.

Just watch the drat movie first and come back with your opinions. If they're the same no one's going to knock you for it.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Terminal autist posted:

I just don't like the whole everyone that disagrees is some q lunatic when most people are probabaly approaching it from I think treating these kids as sex objects is gross regardless of the actual intention of the film.

Most people aren't saying that, they just want people to watch the movie before critiquing it. Which is how it generally works.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

King of Bleh posted:

Someone should just make a separate thread for Cuties so all the degenerates and all the PTA members can have a separate space to poo poo up over whether this dumb movie is the end of western civilization or not.

Mmhmm, how's it feel to be above it all?

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

King of Bleh posted:

I think it's super reasonable to suggest that this, the "what's streaming megathread," is the wrong place to have a town hall discussion about the morals of preteen sexy dancing in film.

It is. That wasn't what you were doing, though.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I knew time travel was real. What caves have you gotten lost in?

Your mom's snatch. Join us, it's quite warm.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Shageletic posted:

I still miss Other Space

So do perverts the world over

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

I'm really bitter in general, so I'm just gonna stop here.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Turn on your monitor.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Glottis posted:

I still like The Mask. It's so over the top and as far as I remember isn't problematic like Ace Ventura. Granted I was loving obsessed with The Mask as a kid.

Peter Greene still freaks me out.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Say what you want about Carrey, he was committed to playing a variety of roles.

poo poo, he even played a child murderer in the late 2000's.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

sponges posted:

Comedy in general doesn’t age particularly well.

All genres in general don't age well. I don't know if any genre is worse than another in that respect.

It would be a pretty interesting discussion, imo.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

I gave up on SNL a couple years ago, and I'm not exactly regretting that decision right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

I can almost see the reasoning, since everything is still unfolding, but still pretty dumb.

Enos Cabell posted:

I'm actively rooting for NXIVM at this point.

Shut up.