Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Terminal autist posted:

Really appreciate the recap on el camino reminding me how poo poo the last season of breaking bad was

The lovely hot takes on these forums never cease to amaze me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

nate fisher posted:

I think it is Hulu only in the states. I have read the short stories collection it is based on and the whole collection is amazing. Shame that the reception to the movie has been lukewarm. I might give it a watch this week.

I plan to check out Hereditary on Prime first. I watched (rented) the director’s new movie Midsommar and was blown away. It seems the movie is hit and miss with people, but it might be my favorite horror movie since It Follows. Curious to see if Hereditary is just as good (it seems they cover some of the same things).

Hereditary is my favorite recent horror flick, it's really really good. It's nothing like Midsommar though so be warned there

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

TheManWithNoName posted:

Watched The Invitation last night and...meh? I read a blurb that said “don’t know anything going into it!” Like there was going to be some huge twist. Also it just looked ugly, the lighting felt really off. Some decent performances though.

I loved it personally. There's a never ending sense of doom to the whole movie that I liked, no matter how much fun everyone is having at the party there's always an uneasiness going on.

And the ending was fuckin great I thought :redflag:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Train to Busan is really good

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

Dolemite was fun, nice to see Eddie Murphy doing a role he seemed to actually care about.

It was really good. Everyone in the movie crushed it, especially Murphy.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

veni veni veni posted:

Barring the Mandalorian, looking through Disney+ and realizing this service has virtually nothing for me.

This is my issue. Outside of Star Wars stuff I could not give a poo poo about anything Disney has made.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Two episodes and The Mandolorian has me straight up hooked. I hope it stays this good.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

veni veni veni posted:

Finally got around to watching Upgrade and it’s a super fun movie.

It is such a great flick. Probably one of my favorite somewhat recently made movies.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
And there's a bunch on YouTube and rifftrax on Amazon prime

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
The Irishman was good but a little too long. The end dragged on way longer than it should have I think

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Party Legends on Hulu is loving insane.

Watch Bushwick Bill's story if you just want to see a good snippet of it.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
There's way more to it than I had heard

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Amy Sedaris is in the new Mandolorian episode :3:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

wizardofloneliness posted:

Yeah, the reason I liked it so much is because it doesn’t glamorize it or present the mafia as cool. Like, there is nothing “cool” in this movie or in what Frank does. I guess he has that fancy party that he doesn’t even enjoy, but other than that it’s like what the hell is he even getting out of this?

That was pretty much what I got out of it, dude lost everything and wasted away in a retirement home

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

david_a posted:

I watched My Name is Dolemite yesterday and it was a lot of fun. Murphy is good, Snipes is good (those looks! The very end of his first scene was priceless), the supporting cast was good... I was also happy that there wasn’t an “overcoming racism” or “white savior” subplot; it’s mainly a bunch of African Americans succeeding on their own merits.

It's such a good flick! I'm glad Eddie Murphy is trying to do cool poo poo again. Everyone else in it is great too

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yeah they really aren't comparable as movies except they're both horror. Both are great for different reasons

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I'm two episodes into Medical Police on Netflix and this poo poo is hilarious so far, it was made by the same people that did children's hospital from adult swim.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

If you're trying to avoid spoilers for Midsommar don't watch Midsommar.

:hmmyes:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

veni veni veni posted:

Also the Terror season 2 is up on Hulu

Oh hell yeah! The first season was excellent, seriously some of the best character arcs I've seen in a tv series in a long time.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Franchescanado posted:

Medical Police is pretty drat funny.

It fuckin owns, it's the funniest original Netflix has done imo

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I liked velvet buzzsaw :)

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Stevie Lee posted:

I just finally got around to watching Dark and season 1 was dope as hell. I even convinced someone who dislikes reading subtitles to watch it and now they're hooked and wanting to start season 2 ASAP.

I'd say it's like a German stranger things, but that's selling it short because it's a much better show. 10/10 soundtrack too

I really like this show as well. When I watched it it was dubbed in English though, I had subtitles on and they didn't match up to the dialogue which annoyed me so I turned them off.

But yeah still a cool show.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Franchescanado posted:

Patrick Wilson did not play Bongo Octopus.

I also haven't seen Hard Candy, so I can't comment on his performance, but I've always heard Ellen Paige getting praise for that one.

I'm a fan of both of them but I didn't like Hard Candy personally. Ymmv and all that.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Don't F**k With Cats was pretty wild

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Season 4 of Better Call Saul is up on Netflix :woop:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

veni veni veni posted:

Howard and Kim are low key one of the best things about Better Call Saul.

Kim should be the blueprint of how to write an awesome female lead character.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

That Works posted:

:hfive:

Yeah, I love her character. Haven't seen S4 yet tho.

She continues to be amazing. Even more than previously.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Once Upon A Time in Hollywood....not really good.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yeah that is a gut punch right out of the gate

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Inspector Hound posted:

Clerks was good, but they should have gone with the original ending where he gets shot.

Nah that would have been too much of a bummer for a semi dark comedy I think.

Speaking of original/alternate endings everyone should check out the one for Fatal Attraction. For you young bucks it's a Michael Douglas flick from back in the day where he has an affair with a woman and she starts stalking him and his family. It's an okay movie but that alternate ending is fuckin bananas.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
When I think about horror movies that I like clever is not a word I would associate with any of them except for maybe cabin in the woods. That's kind of a weird thing to expect from a horror flick.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
It makes pretty much no effort hide the ending though.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I absolutely got some wires crossed and thought we were talking about Midsommar haha drat

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

:hmmyes:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Legion is really good. I got family and friends who would never watch comic book based stuff hooked on it

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I felt the same way about The Wire, everyone raved about it and I just thought it was kinda meh.

I'm hesitant to start The Shield for the same reason.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

veni veni veni posted:

I truly don’t understand how someone could watch The Wire and think it was “meh”

I didn't dislike it, it just didn't live up to the hype for me. I got about halfway through the second season so maybe I'll pick it back up again and see what happens.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Dave on Hulu is pretty drat funny. I like Lil Dicky but I wasn't sure if a show about him would be good but it is hilarious.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

beanieson posted:

Was trainspotting 2 worth anything?

I was wondering this myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

beanieson posted:

If this is what it takes to end this trend of lovely zombie tv shows then it’ll all be worthwhile

Please please let it be over