Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

All of you should just go and watch Chernobyl. It is probably one of the finest pieces of TV I've ever seen.

You're welcome :)

Yes it is. Around episode 3 I was wondering if they would do the roof scraping sending folks to their doom. Sadly, it didn't disappoint.

edit: That was an intense scene.

Colostomy Bag fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jun 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

God help me, I watched "The Typewriter".

Started on S2 of Dark. Feels like I'm a mental midget trying to follow all the timelines while concentrating on the characters along with the subtitles.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

All I remembered was Brad Pitt survived the wreck.

A bad ending.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Alec Eiffel posted:

There is nothing interesting to say.

Myself and probably 99.99% of this thread begs to differ. Go on. It's good stuff.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

veni veni veni posted:

I think Hulu is the best all around service for just finding random poo poo to watch

Future Man!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Future Man is so much better than it has any right to be and we're getting a new season a week from Friday. The last one :(

Ah cool, thanks. Haven't been paying attention to it so something to look forward to.

For those wondering, it helps a tad if you grew up in the 80's to appreciate it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Class Warcraft posted:

Season 2 starts kind of slow but gets weirder and funnier as it goes. The end of season 2 is top tier Future Man stuff.

Basically this.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

nate fisher posted:

Hmmm...now the real question becomes can I trust someone with a SAMCRO gang tag?

Rode SoA to the end, and it was god awful. But hell I wish there was a few more seasons because I miss the absurdity of it all.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Finished Futureman. Gotta say S3 was drat good.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Detective No. 27 posted:

I thought all those free HBO shows would be on the HBO app, but I think they put them on Hulu. I'm watching McMillions right now and goddamn I'm having some pavlovian urges for McDonald's food.

McMillions was good but probably could have been shortened. I like how you wonder just how the gently caress he did it, and when they finally tell you and realize it was just a combination of dumb mistakes. Sort of how most airplane crashes happen.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

pumped up for school posted:

Just fast forward to the good parts.

Like where the cops are chasing him?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Jose Oquendo posted:

Absolutely.

The show is just so goddamn cool and brutal at the same time. You have to at least watch the pilot "Brother's Keeper."

Everything just oozes cool. The fashion, the music, the colors, set design. I could spend all day writing about each of those. Everything. Crockett and Tubbs are the coolest motherfuckers in the room and you know it every time they are on screen.

I think probably the coolest scene of them all is when he is driving at night with Phil Collins playing and stops at a phone booth to call his ex. Do you remember what the Willie Nelson episode was about?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Mike the TV posted:

Longmire is absolutely fantastic until it tries too hard. The first two seasons are the best, but there are gems throughout the rest. One of the best parts are just how insane the season finales get.

Longmire was a guilty pleasure. Do need to say, the last 5-10 seconds of the finale was a great send-off.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

david_a posted:

I started watching The People v. O.J. Simpson. I didn’t realize the Bronco chase was like 2 hours long. Looking forward to seeing how the trial gets messed up since the evidence seems like an utter slam dunk. I didn’t pay much attention to any of the details when it was happening and it’s also been a few years. Also speaking of the Kardashians, are they famous because their dad was OJ’s friend and part of his legal defense team? The show makes it very clear that nobody had ever heard of a Kardashian before this.

Watching it live was fairly incredible. One of pizza's biggest delivery day.`

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Jose Oquendo posted:

Is anyone here using Peacock? It's available to Xfinity customers.

Would someone be able to check on the availability of some things?

-Law & Order (vanilla). Are all the season there?
-Miami Vice (1984 TV series). All the seasons? Is the season 1 episode "Evan" listed? This one is almost always not available on streaming platforms.

Might be late in answering or someone else did...

Law and Order...vanilla edition (far as I can tell) 8 seasons are there.

Miami Vice...nothing.

This is off a X1 on xfinity.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Edward Mass posted:

Relevant Q: how much Alfred Hitchcock Presents is on Peacock?

Shows 7 seasons...again, from xfinity.

Edit: As for Law & Order...was never up on the show but they have the SVU stuff, etc.

Colostomy Bag fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 5, 2020

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Edward Mass posted:

Fuckin’ sweet! I’ve never seen seasons 5-7 streaming anywhere.

I’m also assuming this is going to be on Basic Peacock, because it would be criminal to put a 60-year-old program behind a paywall.

Any specific episode you are looking for? I hate to lead anyone into it.

While I get for free (haha, Comcast gets a nice chunk of cash from me each month) they have commercials on it. They run around 45 secs to a minute.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Edward Mass posted:

Not really. The reason I mentioned seasons 5-7 is because I've can't say I've seen any of those episodes. That being said, the Sorcerer's Apprentice is the episode I most want to watch (considering it never ran during the original run).

Yep, that episode is on there and can play the episode.

I had some mindfuck because while searching this morning (It's not a bad interface...better than hulu I'll give it that) but had them broken up on presents/hour. So I'm looking and I'm like wtf, there were seven seasons showing yesterday now showing three. Checked later then realized the error of my ways because they were split. Blame it on an early morning.

Anything else anyone wants to know?

I get a laugh when I get it "free" but with ads. All I need to do is pay comcast around an extra $5 to get the adless experience. Yeah...ok. But on the X1 it does count down the time which is usually 40 seconds and so far seem to be in the right spot.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Edward Mass posted:

I mean, Peacock is going to be similar to Hulu in terms of tiers, except Hulu no longer has a 'literally free' option.

Oh BTW I watched that episode. I can see why they didn't air it at the time.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Jose Oquendo posted:

I do have to admit I've never watched more than an episode or two of Barney Miller. I should give it a go.

At least watch the werewolf one.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Nihonniboku posted:

Thanks. I definitely remember that part, I think the joke just slipped past me. For a serious drama, Mad Men makes me laugh more than pretty much any other show.

Office lawnmower
Lane and Don drunk watching Godzilla at the theater
Lane failing to off himself with his unreliable Jaguar
And of course basically any scene with Roger
off the top of my head.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Deadite posted:

I tried watching Hannibal a while ago but the killer-of-the-week aspect made it hard to get into. Does that go away? It just felt too much like a network procedural but with wackier villains the mushroom farm killer was too ridiculous for me

Also in the episodes I watched the team seemed to be able to teleport between DC and Minnesota and that was disorienting

Yeah, started binging it yesterday and after about the fifth episode I'm like, ok, how fast can they get around, how much is the FBI paying Lecter for his services given his penchant for the finer things, how many appointments must he cancel at the drop of a hat, etc. I know, just nitpicking.

Might just be my soundbar setup but the audio is all over the place.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

isaboo posted:

Dark S3 on Netflix now go go go

Well great. Now I get to read a 4,000 word blog explaining the past two seasons to refresh the timelines and family tree.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Edward Mass posted:

Peacock is live. To answer my question from earlier, all seven seasons of Alfred Hitchcock Presents are, indeed, free. BUT! The Alfred Hitchcock Hour isn't.

Interesting. I had to go check this since I have Comcast and it is free for me. Just one ad.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Inspector Hound posted:

I'm trying to watch True Detective again, so far I'm still hoping the murderer wins. The first time I quit halfway into the first episode and now I remember why; aside from generally being reminded of the worst parts of growing up in the south, I found it intensely boring at first and I have a personal dislike for the sort of character workshop monologuing into the camera that really only seems to have shown up in the first half of the first episode anyway. Basically just past the point I quit, all the weird fiction and intrigue that actually makes the show interesting picks up. One day I'll learn to watch a whole pilot. I'm digging that intrigue, but man I hate both of these detectives, mostly Woody. I'll keep going and assume that's part of the point

If you make it through, whatever you do don't watch S2.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Nihonniboku posted:

I enjoyed the show. It's sort of a take on The Man Who Knew Too Little, except instead of being an idiot, she's just a drunk. But if you found nothing to like in the first couple of episodes, then I doubt it'll improve for you. It's pretty tonally consistent.

One thing I do like about the show is that she is clearly channeling Chief Stew Kate Chastain from Below Deck.

Yeah, I found the middle episodes dull or whatever, last couple were ok. Whoever wrote her character is definitely a recovering alcoholic. Not sure what the hell to think of the whole spy thing they had going on. Did they just assume it would get another season?

Just got done making my through all the seasons of Yellowstone. Dear god, it was so looney I swear Kurt Sutter was involved.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Basebf555 posted:

Watching Enemy of the State(HBO Max), and it's one of those late 90's movies where you look back on it and the cast is just absurd, and not always in a good way. The CIA hit squad? Jake Busey, Scott Caan and Barry Pepper. The CIA surveillance expert that gets like 7 minutes of screentime? Jack Black. The surveillance team? Jamie Kennedy AND Seth Green. Who would ever cast both of those guys? Guy who shows up and drives Will Smith around for about 2 minutes? Gabriel Byrne for some reason.

It goes on and on. I'm not even mentioning Tom Sizemore, or John Voigt.

Been a while since I watched it and was trying to remember Sizemore's part. Then it shortly dawned on me he was the mafia guy. Quite the flexible actor.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Finished up Cobra Kai. What a darn good goofy show.

I was amazed that Johnny didn't screw up his girlfriend situation at the end.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Servant. One of the better things I can say about it is that the episodes are only 1/2 hour long.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

30 Coins.

drat awesome.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Simone Magus posted:

Servant is actually decent, what the hell?

I wish M Night would stop occasionally doing great things so I could comfortably file him under Do Not Watch, but The Visit and Split were great and now this show...

Yeah, it is fairly decent.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Brocktoon posted:

Enjoying S2 of Blown Away, but we have the same complaint we had about S1: 30 minute episodes just aren’t long enough. There needs to be much more detail about the development of each piece and the the techniques. It’s really disappointing, because with more time to breathe it could be another Forged in Fire.

Also, specifically regarding S2: Holy poo poo can Chris go gently caress himself. Christ, what an rear end in a top hat!

Yeah, the first few seconds in when Chris was introduced I knew right away he could go gently caress himself. Subsequent episodes in only has reinforced that feeling greatly.

Definitely needs to go into more detail. A lot of times you are like "how in the heck did they get that pattern"?

But overall, not much manufactured drama or gimmicks like other shows.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Could anyone besides Nick Cage pull off origami in prison? Dennis Quaid would be a bust in that regard.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Tainen posted:

I loving loved the 30 Coins pilot. Has anyone else watched any of the other episodes and are they as good as the pilot?

Yes.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

AngryBooch posted:

I didn't heed this warning and watched "The Little Things"

Do not make this mistake.

What an utterly pointless movie that made me feel next to nothing after the first 5 minutes.

Yeah. After it was finished, I sat there for a moment and wondered what the hell was that.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Shutter Island is on Netflix, it's a rare Scorsese I haven't seen yet. Any good?

Worth a watch for sure.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Are you saying sitting in a car all the time watching Leto is boring?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Tainen posted:

Just wanted to pop back in and say I have now caught up on all the released episodes (the finale is on Monday) and this show is fantastic. If you are at all a fan of horror or weird biblical conspiracy poo poo you will have a lot of fun with this show. It feels like something that will get a much worse English language remake a year or two down the line.

Yeah, it's great.

A couple of the many parts I like: Five foot tall demon baby. Storage/dock scene where he sets him on fire. The mirror. The police chief's transformation from skeptic to giving looks of "WTF/wide-eyed stare is this poo poo" when weird crap takes place."

Parts I don't: Not used much, but man the CGI is bad and detracts some. Also don't like the mayor and his wishy-washy crap.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Guess the writers for 30 Coins are assuming for it to be renewed with that finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Anyone else suffering through Servant or am I the only one?