Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Join game, send tweet post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CapitalistPig posted:

If you go to Muscle Row tonight you'll be able to witness the champion of the arena face the best hunter in all of Riven in a match to see who is truly champion. An event not to be missed!

sold

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

I hate to disappoint but Salo and I need to postpone the event due to unforeseen circumstances. Chasing beauty and all that

BUT I ALREADY BOUGHT MY TICKETS

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Aosa of Clan Anca

If I’ve understood this conversation correctly, there is a lot of planning going on in places where I’m not really at, so if someone can do me the kindness of telling me where I’m needed in the end I’d be very appreciative

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

GeneX posted:

I bear no hatred for those who are comforted or aided by it, and indeed I would still call Aosa my sister, despite everything.

Aosa of Clan Anca

I know I haven't reached out to you in a while now, in part because I wasn't sure how you'd receive that and in part because I have just been trying to find a purpose since I was kidnapped and brought here, but I just want you to know that this means more to me than words can ever express. Thank you.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

Pardon this one - could you clarify further what exactly is currently going on at the Oasis? Was there a fight?

This one is certainly sympathetic to the plight of peace among all Dwellers, but he does not feel he would currently be allowed at the Oasis to assist you with the Oasis' needed improvements if there is ongoing faction violence.

Aosa of Clan Anca

The improvements at the Oasis were completed. The reds must have perceived this as a slight and have begun to attack the Oasis. Currently, Indigo and myself are the only ones here among the folks who normally stay in this area. We have time to escape, but if we leave without fighting off the reds the improvements will likely be destroyed.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

GeneX posted:

I...it would be nice to see you, and though I'm not sure it will, I hope my path crosses with yours sooner rather than later.

Stay safe, and I hope you come out of this, um, this conflict unharmed.

Aosa of Clan Anca

I would love to see you, but I agree that our paths are unlikely to cross since I’m pushing to find a way home and I know that pursuit is about the last thing you would ever seek to do.

I’ll do my best to stay safe. I like to think of myself as capable, anyway, and Indigo seems a good fighter too. But if things... don’t work out, well, everyone knows where I am, and I hope one of my guild mates will come and collect me.

You stay safe, too. I don’t know exactly what you’re looking for, but if you ever need anything or if I can ever help you, please let me know. I’ll do whatever I can for you.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

General reminder about the fight at the Oasis since I would prefer we not lose sight of it

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Aosa of Clan Anca

I mean I thought I had been extremely clear about what is happening at the Oasis but let me try again

When the upgrades at the Oasis were completed, a significant force of Reds came attacking. Indigo and I helped everyone retreat into the fortifications but the Reds are still coming. Indigo and I have two options: leave, which will surely result in the destruction of the improvements, or stay and fight. Anyone who arrives at the Oasis tonight will be joining in on the fight.

You can insist that the violence stop at the Oasis all you want, but that ship is likely sailed. If you want the Oasis safe, send help.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

sniper4625 posted:

Hey I know I'm not the favorite of the Dwellers right now but what happened to the whole "each side gets one supply until the rest arrive" idea that was supposed to prevent this exact situation?

Aosa of Clan Anca

Given that the traders (and to be quite honest, everyone else, too - I am shocked at the lack of interest in saving something that everyone in. General wanted so badly to happen for days) refuse to send even one person to protect their own investment, see:

Teland posted:

We can't send help if we are working out the deal at the guildhall and Senate.

I am glad that we in the Inventor’s guild managed to uphold the end of our obligation. When the decision to press forward was made, while general was down, we were at least 3 days from the Traders getting their supplies in place. We are no closer than that now, 2 days later. We can’t just wait around forever.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Teland posted:

Day after tomorrow. I want to confirm directly with my guild what terms I am authorized to agree to. I'm sure everyone is being honest, this is just such a contentious matter and miscommunication has messed this deal up once already.

So 4 days, actually.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Snooze Cruise posted:

To be frank Andra misled me about the terms of the deal in the first place, she made it sound like there was supplies at the Trader's Guild, but the truth of the matter is supplies won't be there until the deal is finalize and the demand comes in according to the steward when I spoke to him today. Andra also lied about him being a fan of my play!

Aosa of Clan Anca

If I die in this fight, please put “Andra lied, Oasis died” on my marker

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Teland posted:

Personally, I don't consider it your responsibility. The Dwellers want these supplies, so they need to step up. I'm hoping that if I can verbally confirm the deal from the senate day after tomorrow, that the guild will release the supplies at the same time, and we'll be able to arrange for someone to be there to receive them. So two days until we pass off supplies, if that all works out. That's one reason we can't spare anyone to help. Ideally I want someone at the senate, someone at the guildhall to pass out supplies, and some of our members are already committed to other affairs.

Aosa of Clan Anca

I agree, it’s not my responsibility, but if I leave the Oasis will almost surely be destroyed, which hurts everyone beyond the scope of your trade deal. So, I’m kinda left without a choice here. I’d much rather be on my merry way looking for a way home now that my obligations here have been fulfilled, but it looks like I’m going to have to hold off on that.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Podima posted:

Conrad Schwartz

Ah-CHOO! I hate these things. Traders, listen up - Azure asked me to chime in and confirm the deal with the blues is legit. Congrats, it is - once someone gets their butt over to the Senate to finalize things and once the proper water purification infrastructure's in place at the Oasis. Once both of those things are done, the wheels of commerce can start turning and all that good stuff.

'kay, that's it. Putting this thing away again. Later.

Well I’m glad we went ahead and built because Conrad makes it plain here that they wouldn’t consider the deal until the system is in place, so we still would have had to build at the Oasis first.

I can confirm that the water purification infrastructure is in place.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

jimmydalad posted:

May this one ask what the situation is at the Oasis?

Aosa of Clan Anca

Almost died. Won the fight. Decided to spare Burgundy Faran because we thought killing him would just kickstart a war. Oasis is safe. Minimal deaths on both sides. Drew a picture.

Trader's need to hurry the heck up.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Poque posted:

So long as the representative's current guild were to give their blessing to lose a member, absolutely.

Aosa of Clan Anca

If you could have you pick, who would you appoint?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

bagshotrow posted:

If you want varbani who represent concepts of nobility:
Kerath of d'ni

:lol:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Snooze Cruise posted:

Leverage everything!
Just get a deal on paper, she is going to play hardball, but even if the Lookout is built this deal is still completely in her advantage. Point out that it will stop the attacks on the Oasis, point out that the Cartographer decision is still on the table, get this thing done...

Where is Vermilion... Vermilion...

Aosa of Clan Anca

Point out that the Oasis Defense Force (indigo and Cerulean I am open to workshopping this name) is not going to stay around forever and we barely were able to defend it this time. The longer this stretches out, the worse the outcomes are for the Oasis.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Prince of Space posted:

Ciel of Clan Nenio has countered. She demands:

• A guarantee that no one will be attacked while waiting for the Traders' Guild Mission Supplies to be released, delivered, and installed, and
  • A guarantee the value of the water supplies received by the Traders' Guild over time exceeds the value of two Mission Supplies.

These are the happenings here.

Aosa of Clan Anca

I almost died because of the Traders guild constantly dragging their feet and now more people will die because someone is saying “actually we need more profit from this sorry!”

And Conway has the gall to come in here and claim everyone is acting with good intentions.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Aosa of Clan Anca

Inventors, I am unlikely to be able to help with the lookout, Burgundy would probably not welcome me there.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Let me be clear. It isn't safe. And there are more serious matters to deal with.

Do I need to stay at the Oasis?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Krysmphoenix posted:

No delivery for a while, but that should be fine.

:lol: I guess this answers my question. Good lord.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

I'd like to offer support, but if it really matters that I stay put, I'll do it. Then again if Laslow doesn't chime in soon, I'm en route to meet you at the Oasis.

Well I mean more you said the Oasis isn't safe. As far as I can see, we beat away all the attackers. If more may be coming and I need to stay to defend the Oasis again, I will. I guess that would be a better way to ask: Is the Oasis danger imminent?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

It just occurred. I may not be able to make it to the Oasis in Channelwood. My apologies for this; I thought I could.

Alright, Laslow, I'll stay for now. I'm sorry Aosa.

No problem! I believe the Oasis to be safe for now so that was my misunderstanding. How long it remains safe is likely a function of how long it takes to get the lookout built.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

jimmydalad posted:

Greetings Inventors!

Aosa of Clan Anca

I have expressed my views in private, but to repeat them here:

Gehn can’t be trusted. Those who align themselves with Gehn can’t be trusted. This is a terrible idea. If our Guild Leader wishes to remain hidden, we should respect her wishes.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

bagshotrow posted:

This is what has you leaping into action? The theory that gehn mind controlled a bunch of people on *another world*, through their *communicators*, and convinced them to kill each other?

Not the stone faced, remorseless admission of the murder of twelve civilians?

What's your problem?

I mean, that is what happened, right? And Gehn is a despot. Like, you can argue against Eg's policy without denying truth.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

jimmydalad posted:

Vermillion, please shut up with your holier than thou attitude.

:thunk:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Traders arguing with Gehn heads over and over, this is like some personal hell for me

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CapitalistPig posted:

Did you just call me a Gehn head, how dare you! Fight me!

(Gehn is a bad man and a jerk.)

Salo you know you are not included in that!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Looking very forward to returning to Inventors HQ, that’s for sure

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

The Lord of Hats posted:

Conway of Clan Gavo

Cartographers!

Forget what I said just a bit ago--Ms. Lain has requested that we get this situation resolved immediately. Please go to the Senate if you are at all able. I will be there, at the very least.

Does this mean there is no parade?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hi, yes, they asked and I answered. I’ll stay at Guild HQ in case I need to push the button.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

((Sorry everyone been away dealing with family stuff))

Komp, all of the Inventors, this is Aosa checking in. I didn’t get a good look at the person who stole the envoys notes, but I saw the act go down. Can confirm someone is going out of the way to intentionally sabotage our envoys. We already figured that this was the case but knowing for certain is a good thing to have.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

bagshotrow posted:

Was this at the inventors guild? Today?

Yes. I was watching the two envoys come in and I saw someone suspiciously moving toward them. They managed to pickpocket the second envoy and disappear back into the crowd before I could get to them.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Shot in the dark but has anyone seen a painting of Riven lately?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Azurelana posted:

Cerulean, Orchid or Aosa.

If it's even possible can you fire off the second charge?

Cerulean ran off fwiw. It's not currently possible to activate it

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

I guess the good news for me is everyone is ignoring what I say other than like two people so I'm probably in the clear.

((https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds6-o4gomRc))

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SolusLunes posted:

...why? Someone tossed out the theory that she orchestrated the bombings, which makes me wonder why we just don't care about the person who very blatantly knew about it coming beforehand?

There is no way Lain orchestrated the bombings, I can't believe anyone would think that

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Rhjamiz posted:

Here's what I see as an outside observer with experience as a guerrilla fighter;

Lain had a flair for the theatric and dramatic.

Lain organized a massive gathering at the fountain.

Lain knew there would be an "attempt".

Lain is "vaporized" with no body recovered and a linking book found in the fountain.

Zeal Ruin suddenly appears leading a Liberation Front fighting a revolutionary/guerrilla war in Channelwood.

What do you see?

I see someone spouting a crazy theory. The linking book in the fountain was collected before the attack, I believe, but it went to Myst anyway so I'm not sure it's particularly relevant.

I'll boil it down to this: I was with Azure Lain on her last day before the parade and she spent most of that day conversing with Eva. There was barely anyone else around and I believe she was sincere in what she said to Eva. She clearly planned an escape, but if you think Azure would be responsible for what we saw at the fountain, you and I just have very different perspectives on who Azure Lain was. Is. Whatever.

The idea that Azure would have a bunch of people killed and wounded as a cover doesn't make any sense. She could have faked her own kidnapping and snuck away to start the Liberation Front in Channelwood if that was truly her goal, because the reds and the blues were going to be fighting even without the attack at the fountain. It's a needless and deadly detail that didn't have a purpose if that was her goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Murmur Twin posted:

Can any inventors tell me Laslow's status right now? Is he in the same place he was earlier today?

Laslow is extremely cold in a desert waste, I am unsure if that’s where they were before