Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Applewhite posted:

Because Dragonborn are viviparous.

They also feed their young milk, as evidenced by their scaly tits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

More charisma means more tiddies,

:hmmyes::hmmyes::hmmyes::hmmyes::hmmyes::hmmyes::hmmyes::hmmyes::hmmyes::hmmyes::hmmyes::hmmyes:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

If you have high cha and obnoxious personality, does it nullify or greatly multiply the result?

That's just Fran Drescher

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Applewhite posted:

I never get to play big tiddy characters. I have the mark of the DM on me and can never escape.

Same. But that just means you can play multiple big tiddy characters at once.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Man, imagine being a epic level wizard who's ghost dick is too big to be used to gently caress anything. Tragic.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

Shadow Conjuration (penis) : it's 20% real!

Shadow Conjuration (penis), Greater: it's can duplicate any dick-spell of 5th level or lower at 60% effectiveness.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Kobolds are tiny dragonlings, gnomes are dipshits who talk to gophers. gently caress gnomes.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Dregs posted:

Didn't kobolds use to be little dog-goblins before they got turned into little dragon-goblins

Get with the times, old man

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

hevnz 2 murgatroyd posted:

I always play Human because if I play another race I can't decide if it's racist to do the accent or racist not to do the accent.

What accents do you think non-existent fictional races have? And why do you assume all humans talk exactly like you? Seems... Pretty racist. :smug:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
WoW is very racist, yes.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What are doing in the City of Brass without at least Fire Resistance 30?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I use my 7th level spell slot to cast Reduce Juggs, Mass

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I move out of line of sight of SniperWoreConverse, take out 100gp of amethyst dust and cast Circle of Protection from Bazongas

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 19, 2019

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I use my last 7th level spell slot to cast Cause Homosexuality, Mass. Now 1 target/caster level of my choice (so a total of 16) must make a will save or become gay. I target myself and the party, followed by the enemies closest to myself. I willingly fail my own save.

Haha, I'm immune now, idiots!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Hasselblad posted:

I get angry each time I see a human with pointy ears and pointy eyebrows, calling themselves an "elf". Elves are not human sized, dammit.

One thing I've always liked that I read in some trash sci-fantasy booked is that elves have four knuckles in their hands. It's something that would look human from a distance, but is alien on inspection, and perhaps explains their greater dexterity.

Basically I imagine elves as awesome humans at a distance but weird humonculi at a closer look.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Warhammer 40k iirc has something like that for Eldar.

That's where I think I got it from, but I can't find whatever I read that supports this.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Whenever I DM elves are always hyper-jingoist, because that makes for an easy villain and also I hate elves.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Beet Wagon posted:

Lmao if your players choose Dragonborn over the tail-having (and therefore superior) lizardfolk.

Lizard folk dont have breath attacks or tiddies. The two most important factors when choosing a race.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Probably, if you look in the right splatbook

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What's this thread's opinions on Tieflings. I played a 4e Cosmic Sorcerer Tiefling punk rock Prince who was covered in piercings and jewelery that he used as a focus for his spellcasting by combining them into ring puzzles.

The game was short lived but he's one of my favorite characters I've ever played.

Also it's bullshit the Cosmic Sorcerer wasn't ported to 5e. That was a cool subclass.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Chomp8645 posted:

Tieflings are for people whose only chance to feel cool is when playing make believe at a dork gathering.

Yeah, basically. And you know what? It works :coolspot:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rutibex posted:

:psyduck:
that's some weird poo poo. I never had any problem mixing 3.5 and 3rd books but I always used the 3.5 version of the core books. why are you using 3rd edition core books?

I'm a serious d&d grognard, I can give you a good reason to play OG,1st edition, 2nd edition, 3.5, or even pathfinder. but I would never crack out a 3rd edition core book. That's like playing Fallout New Vegas unpatched for some reason.

Worse, it's like playing Fallout 3!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

naem posted:

fallout three was bettwr

Than a brain tumor, maybe.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Applewhite posted:

I only have anecdotal evidence to go by but 100% of the people who I know or heard of playing Tieflings have been gay. Apparently Tieflings have a big following among gay D&D players so they have my support.

I'm only bi, not gay.

The Tiefling I played was a huge gay, tho.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Applewhite posted:

Plus who else is gonna have big candy-colored knockers?

Tbf elves come in all the colors of the rainbow if you find the right subraces.

But elves ain't got no tiddies (another reason why elves loving suck poo poo)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Not everyone who plays a Tiefling is a That Guy, but every That Guy plays a Tiefling

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Applewhite posted:

Playing other systems after playing D&D is like playing with Mega Bloks after you've had Lego.

Dark Heresy 2e is like Lego but all the pieces are slightly off. Still a lot of fun even if it does sometimes take a little extra effort and is prone to have bits fall off.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

DiHK posted:

Hi, I'm Dick and I play human wizards (and the occasional Palidin/barbarian).

Anyway, I found 4e's combat to be entirely boring. It felt like I was playing WoW, and if that's the case I'd rather stay at home. Add into that all the stuff stripped out of 4e and I thinks it's the worst edition. I'll take 2nd Adv over 4th any day.

My work just started a 7 person game and it's the first time in more than a decade that I will play. I'm playing a NE necromancer but it's more like a Dr. Frankenstein who is obsessed with anatomy and not particularly scrupulous. THere's a bunch of RPG noobs too (but most are boardgame/mtg vets).

Counterpoint: 4e had the Teleporting Battlemind, the loving raddest class of all.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Way back then you basically had to roll several (equivalents of) criticals in character creation to even qualify for a bard, or paladin.

In AD&D you had to start as a fighter, get to between level 5-8, then dual class to Rogue until level 5-9, and then dual class again into Druid, except instead of druid powers you got bard powers.

It was weird and awful.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Do it ironically posted:

I’ll admit something, I always believed Dragonborn would have udders because dragons (reptiles) don’t have nipples and I just feel an udder fits better, I’d never share this info IRL though

Ah yes, udders are famous for their lack of even a single nipple

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Applewhite posted:

or ride on the creature's shoulders in a specially designed saddle, MasterBlaster style

I did this as a Gnome Psion. I rode on the back of a burly dwarf and shot mind blasts while he axed everything and took all the damage.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I also had a +2 Freezing Burst Sickle called the Ice Sickle.

I was 14 and thought I was extremely clever

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Mar 23, 2019

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I just remembered that in 3.5 Dragonborn were regular PC races that prayed to Bahamut and were literally reborn from eggs. I don't remember exactly how they got made into eggs but looking back it was very obviously the author's fetish.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm Perrigrath the Two-Toned, a Half-Orc wizard wearing a black and white robe. I can cast the spell Create Monochromia, transforming anything into pure black, pure white, or some patterned combination of the two. I can never use the same pattern twice in one week.

I got kicked out of wizard school for only being able to cast this one really lovely spell and also for using my buff Half-Orc muscles to bully the other apprentices.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
"Does it gotta be from karstlaand, cause I can go outside and just grab a few frogs from the moat and squeeze 'em real hard over a pot or sumtin'"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I cross my arms and harumph mightily. And when nobody is looking I cast Create Monochromia on Wyzzord's rear end cheeks so that it turns completely white with the words "I EAT ->" on the left cheek and "<- FROM HERE" on the right in black impact font.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You'll notice if anyone sees your bare rear end.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I take the wet clump of papers and try and use my spell to turn the paper black and the words white.

I sure hope we don't need me to make any more text after this.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I also vote for walking through the forest. I can disguise us as birch trees if I do it all at once.