Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shinsuke also enjoys the peanut and caramel taste of Snickers candy bars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Monday’s WWE Raw averaged 2.70 million viewers, down from 2.819 from last week.

Hour one: 2.810 million viewers.
Hour two: 2.717 million viewers.
Hour three: 2.559 million viewers.

It's almost like having Batista, Ronda, Brock and Seth Rollins, e.g. all of the important people, in the last hour makes people keep watching your agonizingly long show. They should maybe keep doing that thing where they have stars and them book them on the show.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
3 more hours of baron corbin coming right up!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

Shinsuke enjoys surfing and his family a lot.

It is my position that it is good to enjoy your family.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwH8yySvJeY&t=223s

if anyone wants to see a side-by-side like i did

WWE's storytelling may be way boring, terrible, or both, but honestly the atrocious production of the television is the primary reason I just stopped watching and it only seems to be getting worse.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

the escape goat posted:

didn't Ronda brag about beating him or a former partner up in a domestic dispute? they both suck.

A former partner who was posting nudes online or was going to? The guy was a piece of poo poo but if a man had kicked the crap out of a woman the way she beat him up it would of been a huge deal. She got a big pass on domestic violence.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

A former partner who was posting nudes online or was going to? The guy was a piece of poo poo but if a man had kicked the crap out of a woman the way she beat him up it would of been a huge deal. She got a big pass on domestic violence.

Read up on it a bit more and holy poo poo. She beat the hell out of the guy, and going into fine detail in her book and even saying something along the lines of "I shouldn't hurt my hands before a fight" is so incredibly stupid.

Also incredibly stupid- her inability to get ring gear that she can move in. She's been in the WWE for a drat year, get some trunks that don't crawl everywhere!

Everything about her is godawful. Can't wait for her to gently caress off into obscurity.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Endless Mike posted:

Shinsuke also enjoys the peanut and caramel taste of Snickers candy bars

Who doesn't? Snickers own!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Angry Grimace posted:

Monday’s WWE Raw averaged 2.70 million viewers, down from 2.819 from last week.

Hour one: 2.810 million viewers.
Hour two: 2.717 million viewers.
Hour three: 2.559 million viewers.

It's almost like having Batista, Ronda, Brock and Seth Rollins, e.g. all of the important people, in the last hour makes people keep watching your agonizingly long show. They should maybe keep doing that thing where they have stars and them book them on the show.

Maybe they should have a time machine where they go back in time and bring back Stone Cold, Rock, HHH, Undertaker, Angle, Edge, etc

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Maybe they should have a time machine where they go back in time and bring back Stone Cold, Rock, HHH, Undertaker, Angle, Edge, etc

they do have a time machine

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Half of these people have wrestled for WWE within the last year. Edge has shown up in a non-wrestling role within the last year and the only reason he doesn't wrestle is because he could literally die if he did. Note that the same applies to Kurt Angle, and this did not stop him.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Angry Grimace posted:

Galaxy Brain: Xavier and Big E stand outside the ring and beat the poo poo out of Kofi every time someone enters to game the system

The only time I can remember a team in WWE bring this smart was the Nation during the Ahmed feud. I swear I remember a Nation member hitting Farooq on purpose at his request, thereby instantly getting Ahmed DQed and laughing about it, as WWE refs must follow the rule book to the letter.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

the escape goat posted:

Read up on it a bit more and holy poo poo. She beat the hell out of the guy, and going into fine detail in her book and even saying something along the lines of "I shouldn't hurt my hands before a fight" is so incredibly stupid.

Also incredibly stupid- her inability to get ring gear that she can move in. She's been in the WWE for a drat year, get some trunks that don't crawl everywhere!

Everything about her is godawful. Can't wait for her to gently caress off into obscurity.

They're both garbage people.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Akileese posted:

WWE's storytelling may be way boring, terrible, or both, but honestly the atrocious production of the television is the primary reason I just stopped watching and it only seems to be getting worse.

i have friends that work in actual television production and they were appalled when I showed them a clip from Raw

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Angry Grimace posted:

Half of these people have wrestled for WWE within the last year. Edge has shown up in a non-wrestling role within the last year and the only reason he doesn't wrestle is because he could literally die if he did. Note that the same applies to Kurt Angle, and this did not stop him.

:thejoke:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Tato posted:

The only time I can remember a team in WWE bring this smart was the Nation during the Ahmed feud. I swear I remember a Nation member hitting Farooq on purpose at his request, thereby instantly getting Ahmed DQed and laughing about it, as WWE refs must follow the rule book to the letter.

Xavier and Big E hit Kofi in the first two parts of the gauntlet to get Kofi's opponents disqualified. Vince comes out and says "now it is a non-DQ match." Big E and Xavier then just come into the ring and triple team the next opponent. Vince then says "New Day are barred from ringside." They don't leave because it's a no DQ match and keep interfering.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Confirmed no 2-hour gauntlet

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1108132842456793088

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
One time NXT opened the show with a Sami Zayn vs. Samoa Joe match that took up the whole hour.
What was cool about that was on commentary that kept promising an American Alpha match later in the night. The match just kept going and eventually Mauro had to apologize and say the American Alpha match will have to be next week instead.

JitteryComa
Nov 6, 2012
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvNQYqLF8sR/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=7olmqauxgptf

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VJeff posted:

NOW I AM THE SCOOPSGIRL

I see a problem here, Jeff

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Rarity posted:

I see a problem here, Jeff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J9fTJlYOZM

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I got your scoops right here, dillweeds.

*opens up a burlap sack filled to the brim with refried beans*

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Akileese posted:

I haven't seen raw in a while are they still doing that ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM style of motion sickness inducing bullshit to try to make their bad style exciting

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gonz posted:

I got your scoops right here, dillweeds.

*opens up a burlap sack filled to the brim with refried beans*

I've been thinking about those scoops

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I haven't seen raw in a while are they still doing that ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM style of motion sickness inducing bullshit to try to make their bad style exciting

https://twitter.com/WrestlinGifs/status/1107844137330446336

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol jesus

Edit: That account just went private

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Mar 20, 2019

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

The Croc posted:

think that was one of dolphs brothers.

About two years ago I went to a concert in Cleveland. The hotel we stayed at was incredibly shady, and I thought for sure something bad was going to happen to us. I got online to check out if there was anything noteworthy that happened there. Sure enough, first article that pops up talks about a drug deal gone wrong, and a man being murdered in the hallway.

It was totally the place where Dolph's brothet killed somebody. Just a fun little coincidence.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smackdown results added to the OP.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

When Vince dies, I will probably get drunk and then run through my neighborhood like Rocky in celebration

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

lol jesus

wwe's getting gif accounts suspended again

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Is it one or two more shows before Wrestlemania?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Is it one or two more shows before Wrestlemania?

2 Raws 2 SDs

Mr. Carlisle posted:

lol jesus

WWE's going after gif twitter again

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Thank you for wasting everyone's time to make it seem like you're not going to do something you can't not do at this point.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Oh for sure. I thought they were going to announce the final Bryan/Kofi plan on literally the final show.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

wwe's getting gif accounts suspended again

Wouldn't want people to actually see the very few entertaining things that still happen in their programming so I understand

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
So...

If Kofi gets the match anyway, that match ending as it did is pointless. If he doesn't, it's terrible booking. Either way it's redundant.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Dias posted:

So...

If Kofi gets the match anyway, that match ending as it did is pointless. If he doesn't, it's terrible booking. Either way it's redundant.

sounds like wwe

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

WWE is so freaking dumb for setting up this feud for so long and having it end just a couple weeks before WrestleMania with kofi not going. now daniel bryan needs a new feud quick and it's not going to be able to become very interesting on such short notice. If you recall, the announcer slipped up and said "big e" during the gauntlet match, instead of kofi kingston. that's a really difficult mistake to make unless big E is somehow meant to be more heavily involved than he is right now. my Guess? he gets the title shot and wins it for his brother kofi. that would Be decent. hopefully there is a moment where big E talks emotionally in the middle of the wrestling match, because that's usually how to make a match five stars In quality.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I'm missing how this was supposed to make me excited or want to tune in next week. They already had the heat, I wanted to see Kofi murder DB before the gauntlet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

just have kofi win the gauntlet and then let new day and bryan do promos for 2 weeks