Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is there a joke in the poll?
This poll is closed.
Nope 12 8.16%
Nothing 10 6.80%
Sorry 18 12.24%
Bowsette 107 72.79%
Total: 147 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

MK11 is gonna be dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I haven't played Star Tropics in over 25 years but I still remember that dungeon music. ICONIC.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I feel like I've already played Days Gone 10 times before.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I only go to reddit for the Life is Strange fanart.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

I mean they were just weirdos from adtrw bringing it into games. Should've just thrown a charity drive.

lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

an actual dog posted:

Let me know what good shutting down a single subreddit for april fools will do. Like the only reaction that I know will happen is that shitheads are gonna flood it and make it useless for several days after this lol

This isn't like they shut down a place that was full of hate and getting worse, r games was fine. It just seems weird to suddenly surface all of the horrible poo poo they delete at once to make a point that I don't think is going to reach anyone who wasn't already pissed off about this.

I'm just tired of people making big statements that don't really do or mean anything and this is just another one of those things. If this was like to say "admins make our jobs easier" I'd be totally down but it's really just trying to talk to all gamers at once which is really weird.

My do a charity drive thing is just me repeating what I did when I was about to go crazy after modding my subreddit too long, it's not a real suggestion to stop those shitheads in the comments. I do think it would do more good than shutting down the sub will tho lol

The funny part about your suggestion is that a goon posting CP is what got a charity drive thread shut down on this very forum lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

April is the kyuuest month.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I think he’s in all the Yakuza games.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I have yet to have a job that didn't drive me to tears with stress at one point. Depression and anxiety are epidemic within modern capitalism, my dudes.

The only time that's happened to me out of college was when I worked with the most liberal goody two-shoes nonprofit because not even capitalists enjoy grinding young idealists into dust more than their own.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

There's a lot I could be sad about but I am deeply grateful that I have some boring higher ed job with lots of downtime so that I can post at work instead of cursing my fleeting existence like in past workplaces. Now if I only could play video games too, that would be living the dream.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

chumbler posted:

I've been thinking recently that part of the problem beyond capitalism being terrible is that for a lot of people work is the only real source of external validation they have (family doesn't count because it's expected they'll provide it, assuming a good relationship with them, and some don't even have that). When work is poorly managed and directed such that targets are continually missed and goals can't be met, that validation goes away. I think it's especially a problem for men because of how much work is a part of at least US cultural male identity, though that's not to say things are golden for women either.

Of course this could all be nonsense thinking, I'm not a psychologist or sociologist.

TFW you commission 50 million sexbots to satisfy the needs of isolated men and all they wanna do is fix stuff for them around the house.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

chumbler posted:

Don't even have to go that far. Make a robot that tells them they're strong when they carry in all the grocery bags in one trip.

In our postmodern non-binary world, mortally refusing a second trip to the car to get groceries is masculinity’s most defining trait.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Isn't Beyond already the name of some early access survival sim?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Maybe, it's just such a generic title for anything. There was also Beyond: Two Souls.

I thought that was Murdered: Soul Suspect.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Imagine being in a meeting with a bunch of Very Serious executive types asking how you combat negative memes

I don't have to imagine.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

precision posted:

So I'm back to my Hard playthrough of God of War and I legitimately think it might be my actual favorite game of all time. It's just so good on literally every level.

...BOY

I liked the game even more on NG+ since the difficulty is more flattened out and Kratos has everything available to him from the beginning. The rune that resets all your cooldowns is so completely mega OP get that ASAP.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I'm usually too tired to play video games when I get out of work so I just fall asleep watching science videos on youtube with all the lights on.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

VideoGames posted:

My new gaming pc is blowing my mind. Also the g-sync monitor that I attached to it a few days ago.
The sync tech is as much of a change as SSDs were! It is glorious! :D

Adaptive sync is a (literal) game-changer!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Incredible news since right now there are only 37 known ways to play A Link to the Past.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

pleased to report that as someone who was not going to buy borderlands 3 this news does not affect me in any way whatsoever

This is me but imagine I'm taking a bold stand on the issues.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The last PC game and in fact video game I ever bought boxed was Myst V: End of Ages and what a note for physical media to go out on.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Andrast posted:

The last boxed PC game I bought was probably Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne. After that I just pirated everything until I started having more money.

I've probably bought TFT at least three times, and will do so once more.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

All of my IRL friends are such casuals who don't even know the hottest gamer memes. It brings me great shame.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Looper posted:

in gaming news, wow god of war seems easy to platinum lol. guess i'll have to go back and plat bloodborne and nier automata so gow isn't alone

Getting all the crows is a pain in the rear end and why I've never platted that game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Username checks out.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I spend as much on games as I please because 1) I'm rich, who cares and 2) I know what I like and will probably just refund them on Steam after two hours if I don't.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I actually spent too much money on video games in the month of March, even for me. :negative:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Kanfy posted:

We know, you mention this more or less every time the subject of buying games comes up.

I can tell you that one game I definitely WON'T buy again is Alpha Protocol, which only 12 people have played.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Where’s the FF8 is Just Okay sign.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

GMG straight up sells Steam keys at 20% off prior to release so they’re good if you know you’re going to be buying something day one.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

The only things that annoy me in easy modes are when the game feels condescending or intrusive to what I'm doing. Celeste nailed it by having the clearly labeled option in there they even has a message like "hey this isn't the intended experience so proceed with caution"

Yeah but then I think about Alien: Isolation which practically says you're a widdle biddy baby if you don't play on Hard where that actually makes the game demonstrably worse.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

The most annoying game I think I've ever played was bioshock infinite to the point where I stopped playing cause I was so annoyed my just taking my time exploring the gorgeous environment/watching Elizabeth be adorable until the game's "oh gently caress this idiot is lost again" timer went off again and again and had a giant message (with sound) reminding me what to do and why I was doing it

I really liked how they handled these moments in the new God of War where Atreus would be like "this puzzle is too hard" and Kratos is like "let me THINK boy" and sure enough you could eventually figure it out without Clippy the Puzzle Solver chiming in.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Switching to a lower difficulty setting once you've already decided which one you're going to play the game on is tantamount to failure. Might as well uninstall.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I think adaptive settings are a pretty cool idea because it's hard to design granular difficulties that can encompass a rewarding experience for everyone but maybe designers can program a system that will better individualize that experience based upon how well they're doing so that they're never too weak or too powerful.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I think adaptive difficulty, if perfectly done, would not even be noticeable to the player unless they were deliberately attempting to figure out the underlying mechanics by suiciding a whole bunch or w/e. Most people didn't know about RE4's adaptive settings for years.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Jolo posted:

Doing too well at DMC5 and the soundtrack shifts to Train's Hey Soul Sister to fluster you. "I can't slay demons to this! gently caress off!"

Is there anything that inspires everybody in the car to unanimously rush to change the station faster than a Train song.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I need a little bit of downtime in between deaths to reflect upon the various failures in life that brought me to this point.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I think millions of people loved RDR2 but probably not by the same cross section of forum regulars, and it came in a bit overhyped for how long it actually seemed to be remembered. But it probably has mostly to do with how the online was a dud so it's only gonna sell a bazillion copies instead of a thousand million bazillion copies like GTAV.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Fallout 4 sold 20 million copies though so mission accomplished there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Goofy hyuckin' about transmission of a second soul via data projection could only be made possible by Kingdom Hearts, so the whole endeavor was worth it.