Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is there a joke in the poll?
This poll is closed.
Nope 12 8.16%
Nothing 10 6.80%
Sorry 18 12.24%
Bowsette 107 72.79%
Total: 147 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Good luck to your cat Dewgy

I am not feeling well at all atm because of stress and anxiety but I hope everyone else's weekend went okay and hopefully nobody's monday is too too bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Maybe if I change my av ever I'll see about changing it to one of these

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Why do they all look like they're being tortured?

It's high fashion, and all good fashion is torture.

Barudak posted:

You cant change your av, I havent asked you about your thoughts on african instruments!

I dunno poo poo about the subject sorry

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Also yeah jojo stands just kinda look like that

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Mike Jones for Smash

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPO45fLv9ng

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 1, 2019

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The games mods are generally good as long as people make sure to report the bad posts, imo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Blaster Master Zero is fun, I'm playing through it again right now as Gunvolt

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

someone help me work out the joke in 'epic storederlands' i'm still busy

Attention Epic Game Store Gamers, Randy Pitchford is in great danger and he needs YOUR help to fund Borderlands 3. To do this, he needs some lawyers and a get out of jail free card. To help him, all he needs is your credit card number, the three numbers on the back, and the expiration month and date. But you gotta be quick so that Randy can protect his usb drives and magic shows!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Isn't kirby always on vacation though

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

If Kirby could talk, what would he say?

"Hi"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Be serious please

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Thinking about it further, how is he able to hold his swords and yo-yos? Those spiky growths that some call “arms” don’t seem to have the flexibility required to grasp objects. Does he secrete some kind of sticky substance that he then uses to glue his weapons to his extremities?

There actually is a really cool scientific way for malleable, simple shapes to pick up and hold items, you can make one yourself out of a balloon and some coffee grounds. Basically the "hand" pushes up against the object while the inner material is softened and then the material is hardened through a suction force so that the "hand" and its grip hardens around the object so that it can then pick the object up and throw it around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OjhoVuAQkQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86G9DLJEagw

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Do any of you have any suggestions for a good place to get a cheap but comfy mattress?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Linkle's Crossbow Training

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

the gun is your axe

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

What did they accidentally post now

Link to the Past, Persona 5, and Metroid Prime Trilogy, all on switch

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Linku is Japanese for Link

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Bring back Link's Pink Hair

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E33pel3gKDI

Get this: Ode to the Bouncer, but instead of Bouncer it's "Bowser"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hi everybody

Who is your favorite 4th person in whose line is it anyway

Mine is Greg Proops, he is cool and good and funny.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Also, Greg Proops was a main character in a Platinum game so he is relevant to the conversation :D

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

every single thing about metal gear rising legitimately worked. It still blows me away that the game even exists. Probably the greatest spinoff game ever made.

Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't it pretty much given to Platinum as a bunch of stuff for them to put together into a playable, releasable form? I know I read that somewhere but I don't actually know if it is true or not.

cheetah7071 posted:

I was trying to think of a spinoff I liked more than the main series and I straight up can't think of many spinoffs I've played, period

Can Bomberman technically be counted as a spinoff series since it's a followup to but is very different from Lode Runner?

Joke answer: Ace Combat as a spinoff of Galaga and DigDug

Real answer depending on how you define spinoff:

Donkey Kong as a game splintered off into several different lines of games and you can argue that some of those would be considered spinoffs.

Donkey Kong (Arcade) -> Mario Bros (Console) -> Mario Land (Handheld) -> Wario Series
Donkey Kong (Arcade) -> Donkey Kong (Gameboy) -> Mario vs Donkey Kong (GBA) -> Mario vs Donkey Kong but now it's Lemmings instead of Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong (Arcade) -> Donkey Kong Country/DKC Returns (Console)

Hell, you could almost sorta kinda call Donkey Kong (Arcade) a spinoff of Popeye (Arcade).

Typing of the Dead and Rune Factory are also good spinoff games.

And the entirety of the Mystery Dungeon series is one big spinoff of Dragon Quest 4

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh right duh Final Fantasy too.

Final Fantasy begat the Tactics Series, the Mana series (I think, I'm not actually sure if Final Fantasy Adventure was just given that name for brand recognition or if it was meant as a sorta spinoff title), the SaGa series (same deal as before, idk if it was actually intended as a kind of spinoff or if it was just called Final Fantasy Legend as a marketing move), Crystal Chronicles series, Theatrhythm, and there are probably others.

What came first, Fire Emblem or Famicom Wars? They're so similar that I assume one of them had to have been a spinoff of the other from purely a design standpoint rather than theme/aesthetic, but I'm not sure.

The Shining series is weird too what with the first game being a first person dungeon crawler that got its own dungeon crawling sequels but also got a series of strategy rpgs, action rpgs, and diablo-style loot games.

Would the Castlevania SotN-style games count as spinoffs?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hard Corps is one of the best Contra games imo and I loved the CYOA nature of it and how each character had a different weapon loadout.

Also, what even are those humble bundle books, like, are they strategy guides or are they just collections of interviews and design docs or what

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Souls games do have difficulty modes though don't they? In the form of summoning other people or npcs to make fights easier?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

every game should have a cheat code that spawns a tank, no matter the genre imo

And the games that already have tanks should have cheats to spawn in a shelby cobra

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
A tiny carpentry tack sitting point up made its way onto the bottom of my right shoe today (well, yesterday, but whatever) while I was outside and it ended up pricking a few points on my right heel.

Those areas feel warm now and are tender. It's cleaned out, I'm hoping it doesn't become an infection, probably gonna get to a walk-in clinic tomorrow to get some antibiotics or something to prevent an infection. I can't remember if I had a tetanus booster recently because lol insurance, I probably haven't, so here's hoping it won't turn into tetanus and it won't infect my foot and force them to amputate or anything like that.

That's my blog post for the day

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
One time I was playing a dumb visual novel about dating boys and I somehow managed to still end up dating a girl

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Personally I'd like to see more representation of bi people where bi people aren't stereotyped as just being overly lascivious/flirty/horny because it'd be kinda cool for people to see a bi person who just happens to be bi and their bisexuality isn't being exploited as a way of basically saying that all bi people are really just straight sexual deviants who are mostly straight but will do gay stuff to please their straight partner.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sleep is good and I think everyone should get some rest if they can because it is very nice

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Broke: Mario using VR to stare at titties
Woke: Mario using VR to stare at blitties

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What if Star Fox but by the combined efforts of the people behind Ace Combat and After Burner

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Did the Thunderbirds ever combine into anything?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Kinda wish After Burner Climax was on steam.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Nintendo is always down to ruin Star Fox with another ephemeral gimmick for each new generation so VR seems like a good bet.

Welcome to our announcement of Star Fox Switch VR, in this game you use the labo VR in order to look around, but you're in first person so you only have a clear view of what is directly in front of you, but you have 3 other screens showing external camera views from your copilots so you have to look at those and make sure you're aiming correctly

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello everybody, how is everyone doing today? I hope you're all doing well!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Im sick and a very old family member died after a long time of being unwell so i physically feel bad but spiritually am at peace because anothers suffering is over. Umbasa.

I am sorry for your loss but I am happy that you have such a healthy way of handling your grief in this time. That is extremely good and I am glad you have come to terms with it on a spiritual level and I hope the healing process will be swift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Congrats!

What's the screenplay blacklist?