Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is there a joke in the poll?
This poll is closed.
Nope 12 8.16%
Nothing 10 6.80%
Sorry 18 12.24%
Bowsette 107 72.79%
Total: 147 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I thought I would change my avatar every month but it still feels like I just got this one so I'm gonna keep it. Shame about that line though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Infinitum posted:

You can eliminate it, and have it look like mine, you just need to buy a new avatar a final time.

This link is a 1x1 transparent dot. Save it to your PC, then upload it as your 'main' avatar
In the 'Title Text' field, link in the 2 images of your current avatar.

Ta-dah, no more line through the middle.
This option requires you to upload your avatar in 2 parts, then buy it again a 3rd time, but you're already 2/3rd of the way there

You'll end up with an avatar looking like mine
1.) 1x1 blank section of the avatar
2.) Top half of your large avatar
3.) Bottom half of your large avatar

Amazing. And silly. But I'm ok with spending triple since I haven't spent any money on the forums for over a decade. Thanks!

Shame it just gives you only text in the app, though.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

an actual dog posted:

You seem to be confused, they shut down a single subreddit, not reddit itself lol. It would maybe be cool if they closed for good but they're opening tomorrow.

I think he was speaking a hypothetical, friend.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Can't Kirby talk in that anime?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

chumbler posted:

Make the Linkle game, nintendo.

This but keep Zelda as a girl too.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Grapplejack posted:

That's basically what it is. It's a really chaste version of a straight man's view of what being gay is.

Astolfo is way better than gilgamesh.

For whatever it's worth, one of the writers is queer but not a guy and the other writer is a guy but not queer and neither of them are dads. They acknowledge it in any case:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kotaku.com/how-dream-daddys-creators-avoided-turning-homosexuality-1797414230/amp

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I bet ES6 will be good but I don't think it will reach Skyrim levels.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

You're right the other ones are fuckin' hot, I know

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

precision posted:

Calling apex legends a "cash in game" is some scalding hot take

Maybe you don't enjoy it but like it's objectively well made and considering how many people like me are like "I never liked pubg but apex is super dope" maybe slagging it off is wide of the mark

That dude was complaining about a Star Wars game about which we know nothing more than a title and setting for two posts before admitting he doesn't even like Star Wars anyway so yeah, consider the source I suppose.

Edit: Having worked on a failed Star Wars game it's become fascinating to me how difficult devs are finding it to make a successful one. Cursed IP.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

They should've made the Star Wars protag a male gaylien who's type was brown-haired white humans. Just a gay alien who's suuuper horny for average white guys. Lots of side plots involving kissing.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Nathan Barnatt is a cool, strange gentleman who's trying to transition into making indie films and having a bit of a rough go since his YT popularity topped out with Kieth Apicary and public dance videos. He livestreams occasionally and it's rough to see him struggle to come up with new skits and try in vain to capture the old magic. He sold all of his arcade cab collection to finance his films. On the other hand, he just finished shooting his 2nd indie film so he's doing the thing. He currently lives in someone's garage though I think.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

I will forever associate Mama Said Knock You Out with the animated sequel to Kangaroo Jack.

My son unfortunately got on a Disney's Chicken Little for a few weeks and now I have to retrain my brain to disassociate Spice Girls' "Wannabe" from that ugly loving movie.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Snooze Cruise posted:

Of course it can.
Ocean's 8 was hopping on a trend but like say what you will about the movie I have no doubts that the people who actually went out and made it enjoyed it and believe in the idea they are doing.

Its just incredibly annoying that once again the conversation is being skew by this idea of the value of representation, and that every time a game chooses to have a primary female cast that its doing it to make some sort of statement and that we then need to apply this idea of the value of representation to it.

I feel like, though, we naturally have to pass through this in order to get to the part where there's just media and a lot of it has girls and a lot of it has dudes and a lot of it has both and it's normal and pretty even.

Like, Captain Marvel is a great example of this: It's unique because it has a female superhero as the main character, not because it makes any kind of revolutionary woke statement per se. People are watching it and going "Well, it's nothing special! It's just a regular superhero movie but with a woman!" which, yeah, that's the whole point.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, marketers absolutely try to spin 'There's A Woman' to drive discussion and sales, but you gotta ignore the marketing as much as possible for all things in this hellscape world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Chattie Fils-AiMay