Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lol My dad sat me and my Mom down when I was in 10th grade (early 00s) and gave this big speech about the economy and how his job (airport firefighter) may be in jeopardy because his boss said, etc. etc. etc. and we had to really stop spending. Never mind that mom and I never bought anything lavish.

Two weeks later he pulls in the driveway with a new goddamn goat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

Boomer Likes:
- Large highways everywhere
- Receiving tax-funded things
- The military
- Property values being very high
- Creating the idea of participation trophies
- Medicare
- Their kids visiting
- Expressing their opinion loudly
- Having their children/grandchildren fix their computer or mobile device.

Boomer Dislikes:
- Highways being near them
- Taxes existing
- Their kids joining the military
- Millennials avoiding houses because of very high property values
- Their kids receiving participation trophies
- Taxes paying for healthcare
- Respecting anything about their kids thoughts/lives while they are visiting
- Anyone expressing opposing opinions
- Their children/granchildren ruining their computer or mobile device when they worked on it eight months ago.

An incredibly wise man in another thread pointed out that participation trophies were invented to clear a path for the real ones to be even more shamelessly handed out in accordance with small town politics without starting riots.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Dandilion seed heads are intensely flammable hope this helps op

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

There are two types of boomers, The early ones who are the 60's people and the second group who are the people who were 20 in the 80's
and yeah that 70's stuff is what they like, but they don't like genre's or even bands; it's just a never ending deluge of songs that only exist on the radio that nobody knows the name of because Djs never tell you. So a lot of Fleetwood mac and the Eagles with some of carol king's Tapestry throw in.

Carol King rules though. I suspect the semi-anonymous and criminally bad dad rock you're thinking of is mostly Supertramp, Styx, Gerry Rafferty, and solo Paul McCartney

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Literally every song on classic rock radio you don't know the name of but hate enough to change the station after three notes is Supertramp.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

those are the bitch tits of a man who does a lot of steroids, poorly

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I was invited back to my community college to be an AutoCAD instructor the day after I finished the second class and I credit 100% of that success to having already been fluent in Dwarf Fortress

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CPL593H posted:

Tears in Heaven is more of a baby dropper.

:perfect:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

What amazes me is how much insanely better the WW2 generation was than boomers at adapting to technology. My great grandma was doing email and games and instant messenger on a linux desktop well into her 90s and once asked "How do I get cousin barry to stop forwarding me all this stupid poo poo?" and then picked up the phone and told him he was a loving moron.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Nope, average farm girl from NJ with an 8th grade education and lots of curiosity.

Lack thereof, of course, being the single most defining element of the boomer ethos

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 4, 2019

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

she also loved RATM and Dio :black101:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ProperGanderPusher posted:

Olds complaining that youngs are all lazy and spoiled is as old as time itself. GGs sure as hell said the same thing about boomers.

yeah but in that case they were right

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The fact that there isn't yet a Shawshank poo poo-tunnel theme restaurant proves capitalism's collapse is imminent

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Boomers just love lurking underwater in the Atlantic ocean, before surfacing and launching their ballistic missiles with Nuclear warheads.

Hail the Michigan and her heavy water, may her passing cleanse the world

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Gaunab posted:

Lt Dan told me that it was okay ta shoot the women cause they was holding bombs. Looked like babies to me but he said that's just how bombs looked here.

Forrest was canonically Animal Mother

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

A polo shirt tucked into cargo shorts with a cellphone holster, screaming for a vending machine's manager, forever.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Shamino posted:

I'm in a newest generation Ford Raptor owners group on Facebook. This is a truck that costs on average about $65-70k new.

It's full of boomers claiming that the high strung turbo motor only requires 87 octane gas and that 93 is a scam by big oil and they don't need to spend all that extra money.

Also lots of "why does my truck run so rough and feel so slow."

Hint: you've put it into gimp mode by saving $6 a fill up

This except instead of regular they only tank up at the airport and racetrack because they're not paying for no god drat sissy unleaded

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CodfishCartographer posted:

I bet that asbestos is gunna make a comeback in the next 5-10 years. It's been long enough that dumbass chuds aren't old enough to remember how lovely it is, so there's absolutely going to be some kind of terrible conspiracy theories about how it's actually totally safe and how cuck libs are just overreacting, like global warming and vaccines. Just you wait for all the BRING BACK ASBESTOS campaigns definitely not paid for by companies trying to save money.

a man falls through the earth and into muscovian catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling “my nigga have u tried blue crocidolite??"

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 13, 2019

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Katamari Democracy posted:

Boomers love getting angry when anyone smells their farts and complements it.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

most of the time it's not about her music, it's that she broke up the beatles or whatever

screw both of those, hate her sculpture.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Tato posted:

Is keeping the plastic on your furniture a boomer thing or a weirdo thing?

I had a friend in elementary school whose mom had a special room she decorated all nice and pink, but the plastic was still on every piece of furniture. Also, she put a velvet rope thing near at the door, making it clear no one was ever supposed to set foot in this room, you're just supposed to admire it.

decidedly Not Boomer. Everyone I've ever known to do this was born during WW1.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

My linux savvy, Dio loving great granny who I posted about before also did indeed make a point of telling me from before I could even drive to never, NEVER use the horn in any car, because she blew the horn once and it broke.

Don't use Thing, lest you become unable to use Thing.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

I'm insanely curious why a granny decides to learn linux, that's the weirdest thing.

It was cheaper

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The cut of Silver Springs that got left off Rumors is fire.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

boomers love commiting or tolerating any level of abuse more than being alone

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Grape posted:

Nah, that's a Silents thing.
Unless you live in like the South or something where I'm sure it's even a Gen X thing because lol.

lol millenials in the south do this to themselves on their shared as-a-couple facebook pages.

No this is not unhealthy or creepy at all

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Cutesy rhymes for victim-blaming abused children

numberoneposter posted:

Rooting for a Booting
Calammering for a Hammering
Yearning for a Burning
Calling for a Mauling
Angling for a Strangling
Shopping for a Whopping
Begging for a Pegging
Bleating for a Beating
Angling for a Mangling
Aiming for a Maiming
Jonesing for a Boning
Bucking for a Chucking
Screaming for a Reaming

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Protip: Boomers love racism more than they hate abortion and you can take advantage of this in elections if you play your cards right

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

also yeah lol my dad texted to tell me he had kidney cancer 9 months ago and I blocked his number

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

My dad's CB radio handle when drove a truck back in the 80s was "Chickenhawk" and he is unironically proud of this

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Luv 2 remind boomers the men with guns who come rob them if they don't pay their taxes are the same men with guns whose dicks they suck 24/7

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Dameius posted:

From a few pages ago, but you're probably talking about this:

That's overkill, anyone claiming abortion is murder who hasn't personally killed a gynecologist is a disingenuous poo poo who should be told to shoot or get off the pot.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

viewing The Sopranos as aspirational

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Best part of this is they weren't closed.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Understanding It's A Wonderful Life as a morality play about the dire consequences suffered by honest businessmen when commie agitators are allowed to sway the populace

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

If you live in a rural area most of the time dems don't even bother to have a candidate and your choices are check the box for the one lovely old white guy, or don't.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Barudak posted:

Ja wohl, shrimpfrau, ich mochte haben der Jennys Catch und Poland, ohne der Jennys Catch

Two Swiss factory service guys who've been repairing a machine where I work made a side trip to Charleston last weekend and went to Bubba Gump. I can vouch for this phrase having literally been spoken.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

the 00s only got to be half a decade and were the last decade, defined by skater shoes, flip phones, shell necklaces, and the complete domination of all media by Lord of the Rings.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Grape posted:

Naw, that was late 90's and pre-9-11 00's. Which was an insanely distinct little epoch in music and fashion and stuff. Much of it horribly hilariously dated (some in a nice way, most not).
Then again if you're from California, or have lived in constant proximity to Guy Fieri that date might extend for the tips.

Ahahahaha I'm in South Carolina the frosted tip is still current

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Mind_Taker posted:

Celebrating Memorial Day as a noble tribute to American soldiers who have fallen bravely in battle while spreading “democracy” to the rest of the uncivilized world.

Instead of, you know, treating Memorial Day as a horrifying reminder of how many lives have been pointlessly ruined or ended (often in gruesome fashion) because of American imperialist foreign policy.

Check out the loving thousand pages of replies to this tweet.

https://mobile.twitter.com/USArmy/status/1131704927963766785