Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

my router originally had to have a password between 8 and 12 characters long lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

apple keychain suits my needs but they need to make it a standalone app rather than buried in settings

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

go play outside Skyler posted:

right now I use chrome on my Mac
found the problem

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

accidentally clicking to open a word or excel inside Teams, :rip: any conversation you were having

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the teams ios app is better than the windows client by miles and miles. gently caress microsoft your poo poo is garbage

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

infernal machines posted:

it is so very much worse than that

i dont know very much about sharepoint but i do know that every time i learn a new thing about it it seems worse

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

xtal posted:

I imagine all the cool people are on usenet or something

not one single cool person has ever usednet

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I don’t have my tv on the network but i do have a chromecast plugged into it so lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

URL grey tea posted:

i just wanted an excuse to post this again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHL75H_VEM
the excellence of executables

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

idk if that was inspired by this samuel l jackson interview but here it is anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOlNHXQCT_4

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Chalks posted:

I think they're more empathizing with his frustration than his insane response, I certainly am
:same:

i just got a new job when that happened to me. more because the dev teams got 100% of the blame for the instant drop in productivity that came with it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

confession: just for a second i wondered why the ad space company agreed to put this up

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

have you done the owasp juice shop yet? i thought it was decent for learning stuff

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The_Franz posted:

do british houses still have cold water storage tanks in the attic that get filled up with dust, insects and dead mice?
its still pretty common in ireland but in gb almost all houses have natural gas to heat water

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it’s useful to know how to wire the plug anyway, i have a hidden conduit for my wall-mounted tv that is too narrow for a plug to pass through, so cutting and rewiring is the only option if the power lead isn’t detachable from the television set

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

I thought code prohibited running power leads through walls. I think here at least you have to use stuff with appropriate rating like Romex or whatever. I bought a kit that is basically a fire-safe extension cord with faceplates at each end, and some day I will get around to installing it.
yeah it probably is, although idk if it makes any difference but this is a tunnel drilled through a solid block wall and lined with pvc pipe, rather than a power cable being pulled through drywall. certainly still against code but maybe less dangerous, idk

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Antigravitas posted:

I truly can not comprehend the issue there. It seems to be hilariously over complicated for no good reason only to be less trustworthy and less efficient than everywhere else.

Use paper ballots, vote on the weekend, let everyone who wants observe the count. You can get the whole thing done in an evening, it's secure and trivial to observe while being very hard to manipulate. Doesn't the US have jury duty? Use the same system for election duty until you get enough people to have a proper election.
having an open and transparent election is extremely not in the interests of at least half of the political class

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

”for some reason”

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MononcQc posted:

just playing SIM ant

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

he doesn’t actually play much overwatch.

xQc is also… well let’s just say I would not be surprised if he had no idea that he was being paid that much and was being scammed by a money manager or something
literally the only thing i know about xqc was when he got mated in 4 moves on pogchamps

thanks for the fat 10 gift subs pikachu

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

small pentest humiliation

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Wild EEPROM posted:

did you know that a lot of young people also don’t know how to read analog clocks
company i worked for came up with a whiteboard question to write a function that takes in a datetime and returns the number of degrees between the hour and minute hands of the clock. literally the first candidate we used it on was partially sighted and obviously had never learned to read a clock

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Shame Boy posted:

so it was working as intended as a plausibly deniable way to reject handicapped people I take it?
lol but also no, we junked the question and she got the job

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

*tips fedora*

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

agreed

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

what an absolutely terrible snipe, and on this blessed of all pages

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

dpkg chopra posted:

I know the security risks probably outweigh the. benefits but ffs Apple let me remote into my dad’s iPhone so I can just disable sleep mode myself instead of having to spend 20 minutes every week teaching him how do it himself.
would be insanely useful, also abused to hell by tech support scammers within seconds of going live

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Achmed Jones posted:

write down the instructions for him
instructions???? have you ever met a dad in your life

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

my dad has the default iPhone ringtone for his text message alert and it drives me buck wild

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rdr2 is great if you do the missions up to where you first get to saint denis, then just treat it as a explorin and huntin and fishin and rootin and tootin sandbox until you get bored of it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

that poo poo sucks even when it’s to your work device, like i don’t have enough poo poo to do at work without infosec loving with me. id be so mad about it, if i ever looked at my emails

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Carbon dioxide posted:

Full names and addresses of ALL Northern Ireland cops leaked.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...1823676448.html

“Many officers from Catholic communities don’t tell their families, friends and ex-school colleagues – I worked with many who never did even in recent times. That is a huge issue when that community is still underrepresented and the PSNI is trying to encourage applicants.“
lol :rip:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Elysiume posted:

loving .webp I swear to god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

4lokos basilisk posted:

are you suggesting there is a real risk in having students copy or ai generate an essay while sitting in a room with a proctor, some other students who are all writing with a pen and paper?

if so, your threat mode may have some imperfections

or if we are talking about remote examination in which case lol lmao
i think it was a joke