Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

At long long long long last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

But will there still be Quna concerts?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I still can't believe this is happening.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

What are all of the official NPC names?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

orange juche posted:

They're mostly the same as the fan translations, except some slight pronunciation changes. The names are in katakana, so its a pretty straight romanization, iirc.

Like Echo, Zeno, Lisa, Matoi/other major characters, etc their names are the same, Gettemhart's name changed to Gettemhult, and Melphonsina changed to Melphonseana. I'm not sure on the counter NPCs, they may change if the names don't fit.

Dark Falz (Double) changed to Dark Falz Gemini, which makes sense kinda as they're twins. I don't know what they'll do for (Loser) though.

Afin is still Afin

Claris Claes got renamed to Klariskrays

Tea got renamed to Tia

If it is in the official subtitles on the PSO2 Episode Oracles anime then it probably will be in game, as the names are sourced from Sega NA's material. Bigger thing is Darkers were renamed to Falzspawn, which is an entirely different name, but as "Darker" was kinda just a made up term anyways, it's not super egregious from my point of view. Dunno why they left Photoners called that, if they changed the name of the creatures that are related to Dark Falz.

That was what I was looking for. Good.

All the other changes seem reasonable enough. I'm not particularly attached to Darker so whatever.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

InspectorCarbonara posted:

What the gently caress they’re actually dubbing the songs too.
https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1222327211170004992?s=21

:sickos:

It's become everything I've hoped. I can't wait to play and fail the first EQ.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Keyboard and mouse work perfectly fine.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Two swords? How do we explain this to Dual Blades?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Finally I can understand what those Dragons are yelling at me.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

No one putting up referral codes? Here's mine for Ship 2: 10496505

Someone, give me yours so I can get badges and get hats? Clothes? I dunno what's in the badge shop but I cannot be deterred.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Idioteque Dance posted:

FF14 EU folk are jumping onto Ship 2 (Ur) - anyone wanna post their character/referral code before I get my character on board?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah...I didn't make a character because I wanted to see if someone would drop their referral code first. But...it'll work soonish.

nyttyn posted:

Mine is 10492619

Thanks!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

...oh man I want to get my jPSO2 symbol art back.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Scoss posted:

Why can't I find Fury stance on my Hunter's palette options? It only shows me guard stance.

Some of the Stances are just passives now.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Mordiceius posted:

Should I play this game with a controller instead of KB+M? I was doing KB+M before but was thinking of hooking up an xbox 360 controller.

Manual aiming is a lot easier with a mouse. I don't think there's major advantage besides that.

fadam posted:

What key are you guys using to dodge? The default X bind feels weird but it won’t let me remind to ctrl :(

I double tap a direction button.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I just realized that we don't have crafting and therefore there is no customization of arts/techniques.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

They've updated Tweaker to work with the NA version.

https://na.arks-layer.com/

You have to install from the Windows Store to begin with but you can do patching and whatever through the Tweaker. They've apparently fixed the game constantly needing to reinstall.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Zero VGS posted:

Nice Rika avatar

After enough time an anime music video started playing on the jumbotron which is even worse than the wedding music, haha

Don't suppose they put in a boxer class? I like these unarmed animations.

The Fighter class uses fist weapons.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Numberwang!!! posted:

Anyone know how to get Naverius Rock? I know it's part of a quest reward but can you find it out in the wild?

You can mine it from harvest points (the green pickaxe icons) on certain expedition maps (Forest, Tundra, Ruins). See here for more detailed information.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I do miss a lot of those non-main plot cut scenes.

But yeah. The Matter Board was awful awful awful except when it gave you some solid leveling armor.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

AweStriker posted:

As a Hunter, you want a Melee Attack mag. Feed it melee weapons for the most part, but when its Dex bar gets too high switch to 4* furniture (you don’t want Dex levels).

The ARKS Badges are from the invite-a-friend campaign. The white ones will gradually leave your inventory as you level and you’ll have none left by 50. The blue ones I think you can trade somewhere...

Personally, I'd suggest using Monomates for lowering Dex. Monomates raise S-Def but melee weapons lower that. Some furniture raises R-ATK (ranged damage) which requires another loop.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jun 2, 2020

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Man, Katana Braver DPS is really mediocre without Katana Focus up. I feel like I'm doing half the damage of my Hunter while working a lot harder.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I forgot how long the final episode 2 mission was but I still love it.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

mango sentinel posted:

It's a quest chain basically. The hard parts are the Wind and Rain urgent quest and killing a few Frog Rappies.

For Bouncer, you can either build Dex or S-Atk. S-Atk is generally I think considered more optimal because you will have Hunter sub, but it's really up to if you want flexibility for the other Dex Mag hybrids.

For the Frog Rappy items you can just send out your Auxiliary to search for them.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Splash Attack posted:

well i finished episode 1 and while i get the gist of it, it sure feels like i'm missing a lot of the context. the whole talk about rampaging dragons and inhumane laboratory tests don't really have an impact because i have no idea where the information is coming from. i guess it made sense when it was all on the matterboard and i guess you poked around places that looked like a lab to trigger these scenes, but now it just feels very disjointed. i also guess that we're supposed to feel sad for quna and haddred but i just had a lot of questions. like, if they apparently had a sibling like relationship, how did that even work? what was going on with the dragon in the end and why was the only option to put him down like old yeller?

tbh i'm enjoying the game, but now that all the story quests are all unlocked for me, i'm trying to blast through them and it gets really tedious.

episode 2 is a lot more interesting though. i'm still confused about some parts, but i hadn't expected my auxiliary guy to appear in the story quests. it makes me wish i'd been more serious about creating him though because i thought it was funny if he looked like link and i just threw him in the male vocaloid costume, and so when he showed up in a cutscene looking like a lost cosplayer, i absolutely lost it.

Quna and Haddred were raised together by Void, the ARKs research and science division. That's why they think of themselves as siblings. Haddred is as smart as all of the other mineral dragons we've met, he just doesn't figure out their telepathy until the end.

Haddred underwent an experiment that was meant for Quna. It went wrong and he went nuts, killing the scientists and destroying the facility. Now he's smashing through space and time, killing falspawn but slowly losing control and attacking ARKs as well. The only people who could possibly help Haddred are Void so that's a non-starter.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I like the PSO2 story. Episode 1 is pretty rough but there's a lot of payoff in Episode 2 and 3.

Oxyclean posted:

With swapping classes, could you theoretically do a bunch of high xp orders & daily missions, then swap to different class and cash them in?

Yes but there is some scaling when it comes to rewards. If you swap to a much lower level class the exp rewards will go down.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

khy posted:

Ugh, this game does not feel easy to get into at first.

I often play mage/wizard types in MMO games and thought I'd roll a force on the #2 ship. It might just be now but force felt REALLY weak to me, like weaker than hunter by a huge amount. I could be doing something wrong, but as my hunter I was hitting for ~300 or so with a normal attack and 350-400 on a perfect attack, but when I used a fully charged up Foie it did ~400 or so. Not bad but it fires SO SLOWLY and uses PP so I have to get up in people's faces to attack and recharge my PP. IDK. Ilgrants didn't seem much better.

I was gonna change class to ranger or hunter for a bit but I guess I only started with Force equipment, so trying to do either of them would be a bad idea (I guess I could be a gunblade ranger but I'd so prefer an assault rifle). I guess I stick with Force for a while until I have the meseta to buy weapons for other classes?

The class trainers (Oza, Marlu, Risa, Azanami, and the Bouncer duo) have quests to test weapons. When you accept those quests, they give you that weapon.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Yeah, you have to cut grass in the forest section (including one patch off the path in the timed forest section) and knock over a snow pile in the tundra section. These will all spawn enemies to give you points.

You don't get the bonus fight any more though. Huey used to fight you if you got 1000/1000.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

LightningSquid posted:

Can I get some advice on Braver play? I'm going hybrid but I'm poo poo at melee (my main is a Su/Fi and Fo/Te). What PAs do people tend to prefer? Should I focus on JAs when I'm using normal attacks or getting PP as quick as I can? How worried should I be about parrying?

Focus on Just Attacks. They're important in general.

Parrying is great. It blocks damage and inflicts damage. With the right investment in the skill tree, it will activate Katana Gauge which provides a massive damage increase. It'll also do much more damage. That's one of the strong points of Bravers, you can Parry between your attacks and keep your damage up. It's not too important initially but as you hit Super Hard it'll become more and more essential.

As for PAs...Thriving Bellflower is nice for mobs, Morning Mistreaver is nice for map movement, and there's Flash of the Lotus which you can spam to do surprisingly solid DPS. Bellflower and Lotus also charge your Katana gauge. Mistreaver is bad at charging gauge.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Braver Mag is Dex to Melee and Ranged power.

Bouncer Mag is Dex to Melee and Tech power.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Numberwang!!! posted:

Is there currently any way to affix special augments like Mark Anger or Fang Soul to an item that does not already have those augments???

Right now it seems like you can only augment generic things like Stamina, Spirit etc...

You can't affix Marks yet. You can affix souls. You need more than one usually though.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'd swap shop the more useless 12 star weapons into Lambda Grinders.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Evil Fluffy posted:

Alright my game had an error and crashed now I can't get it to run and probably have to do a full wipe and reinstall of this cursed thing. What do I actually have to do to uninstall this? Uninstall via the settings in Windows then find some hidden folder 60gb folder and delete it manually?

Pretty much. The second part was supposed to be fixed but who knows.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Saigyouji posted:

Not adding crafting till Ep 4 in August sure is a choice of some description.

Seriously? That sucks.

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1271504493939589120?s=20

drat it. I need the crafted Sacrifice Bite. I want to hit stuff with my sword from half a screen away.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 12, 2020

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Oxyclean posted:

A few questions:
I'm 58/47 on Fi/Hu but I kinda want to play Gunner or Ranger. I can't really decide on which.

Is there good ways to switch to a new class / ways I can take advantage of having a much higher level main?

I assume both Ra and Gu use an R-Atk/RNG Mag? Looks like feeding one of those is ranged weapons, then dimates and 4 star furniture to offset the other gains?

Well, you probably already have photon arts for the new class learned and a nice weapon stored. I don't think there's anything besides using one of the higher level classes as a subclass.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

None of the gathering items that aren't useful now (don't make the best foods, make rings, or can turn in for money) become useful in the future correct?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Zereth posted:

do you even get anything for doing story quests hardcore? I've been looking and it doesn't seem like it.

If you S-Rank the story missions on hardcore difficulty, you get titles that have a SG reward attached to them.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Frush posted:

Levelling Hunter since it was my subclass previously. Is there any good guide in the vein of what somethingaboutlagging is for Rangers? I watched a few videos, but they just described the skills and abilities without actually saying which ones are decent or how to actually play the class.

Here's a nice Sword Hunter guide. The Photon Arts section has a pretty detailed explanation of every Sword photon art and the mechanics section will teach you some tricks Hunters have besides run up and hit the enemy.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Oxyclean posted:

Is this not in NA? I hit 75 on Fighter and got the class boost for the title, but there wasn't anything else.

To that ennd, what should I do for gear at 75? I have what I think is a decent-ish weapon "Deo Felinaught +30" - Twinsaber with 778 power, but I imagine my units are a bit lacking (still using sub/weapon barriers)

A summoner guide I'm reading says that you need two classes at 75 to get Stella Walls. I don't have two classes at 75 so I cannot confirm but I'm guessing these are the units you're talking about.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

jokes posted:

That's my experience with MS store. "Yay it works" and then a week later, randomly, everything is broken and I have 100GB in MutableBackups and poo poo.

Ditto. I am in no rush to go back to the store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Numberwang!!! posted:

To clarify I meant Pet Rarity Enhancement, not Egg Synthesis

Yes. Turn into a Jinga, keep everything else.

You'll get a chance to reselect personality though. Also, you can't turn the Wanda back into a Jinga and will need Jinga eggs to further rarity enhance your pet.