Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Is it a good or bad idea to target this guys cavernous belly fold?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
is it just me or does Alrovski complain to the ref in every fight he's in? he's always whining about something

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Thanks for telling us it hurts when people poke you in the eye and hit you dom

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Was the Jim Miller win satisfying? I am bummed I missed that one.

Edit - found it, was very satisfying.

Ariza fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 28, 2019

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

old man Arlovski fights are honestly some of my favorites. the UFC clearly wants one of these young chonky dudes to just blast him into another universe but AA's too crafty and clever. fully expecting him to have been knocked the gently caress out by the time this posts

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That Arlovski seems to get better at taking strikes as he ages will forever be one of the great mysteries of MMA.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

big fella is gassed. takes a lot out of you to swing around the force of a 30 pound belly with everything you do. not like Arlovski is looking crisp or anything, but he's also not throwing flying knees while his gut screams for a timeout

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

How do you aim for that gut and somehow end up hitting the dick instead?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

CommonShore posted:

That Arlovski seems to get better at taking strikes as he ages will forever be one of the great mysteries of MMA.

I really don't understand how one of the glassiest glass jaws has become concrete over time when its normally the opposite, but here we are.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

so Big Dan saying "I don't wanna have to warn you again" means he gets one more free dickshot right? what's the best strategic moment for that dick kick to come? let him get fully gassed out, about 2 minutes into round 3, then deliver a wicked overhand right to the dong?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Ariza posted:

Was the Jim Miller win satisfying? I am bummed I missed that one.

Yeah he brought his 4 kids to watch cageside and didn't really have much of a problem winning.

Arlovski should retire.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
cut all heavyweights

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Brut posted:

Arlovski should retire.

honestly, hard disagree. fight forever, Pitbull. he seems to hang in there with basically every fighter he gets now. he's a great test of an upcoming fat guy's fight IQ, i think. Arlovski is basically getting by on the magic of the jab and having been in enough fights to know what's coming and when. he got robbed of a tepid decision victory in one of his recent losses, he just beat this chublord's butt for two rounds. if a guy can't get gifted a decision against decrepit Arlovski, he doesn't belong in the UFC, and it's great to have a fightman like that

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bad fight; worse decision.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

he got robbed of a tepid decision victory in one of his recent losses,

Dude it happened like 20 seconds ago, are you OK ????

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Booooooooo

Boooooooooooooo

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

CommonShore posted:

Bad fight; worse decision.

yeah i dont really get that decision

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

not sure who shouldve won that one cause i didnt watch it

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

LobsterMobster posted:

cut all heavyweights

I'm not watching the fights because I'm at work but I agree

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

honestly, hard disagree. fight forever, Pitbull. he seems to hang in there with basically every fighter he gets now. he's a great test of an upcoming fat guy's fight IQ, i think. Arlovski is basically getting by on the magic of the jab and having been in enough fights to know what's coming and when. he got robbed of a tepid decision victory in one of his recent losses, he just beat this chublord's butt for two rounds. if a guy can't get gifted a decision against decrepit Arlovski, he doesn't belong in the UFC, and it's great to have a fightman like that

Did you enjoy watching this fight?

I'm not supposed to look at a heavyweight fight in round 1 and go yup this is probably going to decision

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
LETS MUTHERFUKERS

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Brut posted:

Did you enjoy watching this fight?

it held my hand and gently walked me down the trail into a state of ennui that quite satisfied my soul, yes. now was it a good fight. let's not ask that. let's focus on that Arlovski won two rounds, and should be 4-1-1 in his last 6. I wish I could remember which other fight he was robbed of a hard-earned split decision in, the Tuivasa fight or the Abdurakhimov fight, because they were both also awful and despair-inducing and blended together quite samely in my head. Arlovski should be fighting for the title. get this man the shot he deserves

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

woozy pawsies posted:

Same here and also true for the Carla Esparzzzza fight

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

woozy pawsies posted:

it was an awful decision but the fight was so bad that nobody cares

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

spb posted:

Same here and also true for the Carla Esparzzzza fight

If you ever watch pure grappling fights you might actually enjoy the Esparza fight from tonight. Had lots of wrestling and transitional jits.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

CommonShore posted:

If you ever watch pure grappling fights you might actually enjoy the Esparza fight from tonight. Had lots of wrestling and transitional jits.

Maybe I'll check it out. Her fights always seem to end in a dec though...

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

aww ben :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh Jesus the poor bastard trying to get back up and just collapsing :smith:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Brutal

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
brutal

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

drat Saunders just got mega-hosed up.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Killa B(-league) Ben Saunders

spb posted:

Maybe I'll check it out. Her fights always seem to end in a dec though...

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a barn burner - but it had action and I've seen way worse fights (even tongiht).

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Dang

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

That fake jab into swiping his guard away was perfect and cool.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh man this post-fight interview :smith:

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Oh man this post-fight interview :smith:

i think less people related to fighters should die so i dont have to hear their sad stories

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

woozy pawsies posted:

i think less people related to fighters should die so i dont have to hear their sad stories

:agreed:

mewse
May 2, 2006

woozy pawsies posted:

That's real selfish man.. I think they should die if they want to..

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
This is some real lame christian rock huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
If thomas gifford wins hes cool, if he doesn't then he sucks.