Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

there's probably an anime about High School girls crewing a WW2 battleship that George has already seen

I mean, yeah, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Office Pig posted:

sure man here's one of them

why a brick wall and not, like, another ship

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Shoehorning in the 'women who age hit the wall and now no man wants them' bullshit I'd guess.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

why a brick wall and not, like, another ship

That other ship might have dudes on it, which might imply that dudes are at least partly to blame. If he was slightly smarter, he would have done a big rock, cuz you know, the ocean actually has those.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Man, there's an anime for everyone

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Just having women on a ship is disastrous, remember when the lookouts on the Titanic were too distracted by looking at Kate Winslet getting naked with Leo to notice the iceberg?

Women

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
everyone knows that women on board is unlucky and angers the sea, but naked women are lucky and the sea will be calmed. This is why our figureheads have their boobs out.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Thirsty rear end sea

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i hate this guys cartoons the most.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
water water everywhere, not a drop to drink

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Kitfox88 posted:

Shoehorning in the 'women who age hit the wall and now no man wants them' bullshit I'd guess.

Great, now I'm remembering the Stefan Molyneaux tweet about Taylor Swift.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

b_d posted:

i hate this guys cartoons the most.

Hitch takes the caricaturing aspect of political cartooning literally. "How about I draw Nancy Pelosi in a dune buggy?"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/GPrime85/status/1277957542656737280?s=19

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Wow, he even labeled the chud tent! a good comic about republicans :)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

change my name posted:

Wow, he even labeled the chud tent! a good comic about republicans :)

honestly really hard not to read it that way especially since the kids are ungrateful toward a society that provides for them, like individualist conservatives

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I was really confused about what the gently caress that comic was supposed to be about until I saw the date and realized it was about CHAZ

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I had initially assumed the little kids were supposed to represent Hamas and the mom was Ben and Jerry's or whatever.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the CHAZ is still a weird thing for me to think about because like ten years ago I lived like smack dab in the middle of where it ended up being for a year

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

still unbelievable to me that conservatives think of themselves as anti-authoritarian because they oppose governments that expect them to help support other people besides themselves, but worship the police and armed forces

"political authority is by nature violent because it's enforced by the threat of bodily harm!"
"ok, so, should we disarm the police, or cut the military budget, or"
"what, are you crazy? They keep us safe"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

loquacius posted:

still unbelievable to me that conservatives think of themselves as anti-authoritarian because they oppose governments that expect them to help support other people besides themselves, but worship the police and armed forces

"political authority is by nature violent because it's enforced by the threat of bodily harm!"

That's because they believe that ultimately the cops and troops are there at their disposal, to protect them. And many of them believe that at the end of the day, the cops and troops are accountable to them. They see themselves as rightfully at the top of that power structure, which is why they conservatives (especially white conservatives) freak the gently caress out so hard when they experience even the slightest pushback or consequences or outright brutality from a cop.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

That's because they believe that ultimately the cops and troops are there at their disposal, to protect them. And many of them believe that at the end of the day, the cops and troops are accountable to them. They see themselves as rightfully at the top of that power structure, which is why they conservatives (especially white conservatives) freak the gently caress out so hard when they experience even the slightest pushback or consequences or outright brutality from a cop.

For the most part they're right about that, and the only reason they have to deal with any consequences is because they no longer understand how to hold up their part of the bargain.

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
anything in particular going on there or are we at the filler stage

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
It's filler

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

loquacius posted:

Right wingers are fundamentally acting in bad faith. You can't believe a word that comes out of their mouth.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

It's pretty much only libertarians that care about the "enforcement of authority by threat of harm" thing, bog standard right wingers love that and want it to be taken to extremes, except when it comes to them. This is why they support "tough on crime" policies and dislike it when cops are held accountable for any sort of brutality they inflict on people. Right wingers think it's good for cops to beat and kill people that they deem criminals, because to them that's meant to be a deterrent to crime, basically the "Stop breaking the law rear end in a top hat!" mentality.

That's why you can see a shift in Ben Garrison's cartoons about police, he had a more libertarian outlook early on and so he made cartoons critical of police (over piddly poo poo like seatbelt laws, granted) but as he became more fascist it shifted to "Cops are great men who do what they must to protect us from drugged up superthugs."

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I've found the majority of libertarians don't stick to their principles the second there's a conflict between them and any right-wing narrative either, though

Ask one of them about BLM or the French Revolution and see how pro-liberty and anti-authoritarian they are then

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

hell yeah

E: I'm surprised they didn't make that loaf of bread $50, missed opportunity to shove in more dystopia

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

That's why you can see a shift in Ben Garrison's cartoons about police, he had a more libertarian outlook early on and so he made cartoons critical of police (over piddly poo poo like seatbelt laws, granted) but as he became more fascist it shifted to "Cops are great men who do what they must to protect us from drugged up superthugs."

Libertarians only pretend to care about the violence of the state. What they mean is “I don’t want the state to use violence against me.” Garrison’s views about the police are specific to whether a cop has recently given him a ticket or has caused a national outrage by murdering a black man on video.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

loquacius posted:

I've found the majority of libertarians don't stick to their principles the second there's a conflict between them and any right-wing narrative either, though

Ask one of them about BLM or the French Revolution and see how pro-liberty and anti-authoritarian they are then

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Libertarians only pretend to care about the violence of the state. What they mean is “I don’t want the state to use violence against me.” Garrison’s views about the police are specific to whether a cop has recently given him a ticket or has caused a national outrage by murdering a black man on video.

Both these things are completely true and I don't deny them, I just meant that libertarians are the only group that cares about "the NAP," even if they don't actually care about it they pretend to with poo poo like saying that authority enforced by violence is bad, or their "Where's the victim?" statement when they see what they believe is a "victimless crime." Even if deep down they love authority enforced by violence, they at least pretend they don't.

Regular right wingers love authority enforced by violence and are very open about the fact that they love it, except when it's used against them. Unlike libertarians they don't pretend to view it as immoral.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Libertarians are just fascists who like weed.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

It's this a reference to some cash back credit card from like five years ago? An insurance company?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HootTheOwl posted:

It's this a reference to some cash back credit card from like five years ago? An insurance company?

It’s a reference to piñatas, OP

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i thought it was a dragon ball reference with fauci as king kai instructing bidenku in secret ultra fast movement techniques that can be used to defeat the virus

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Some Guy TT posted:

i thought it was a dragon ball reference with fauci as king kai instructing bidenku in secret ultra fast movement techniques that can be used to defeat the virus

Biden is when Babidi and Goten do the fusion dance

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s a reference to piñatas, OP

It's a state farm ad from 2013. Yeah it's a pinata, but the dialog is from the ad

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Biden is when the Grand Elder and Fat Buu do the fusion dance

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/XHNews/status/1421102166358388739

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy