Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

A Make A Wish child got to meet Stephanie McMahon (by request) as well as going around backstage and meeting other wrestlers, including Kofi Kingston.

That dying child is a plant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

He did retire from wrestling, this is just a teaser for his Dangeresque-like self-funded and directed, straight to DVD/streaming action movie

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The_Rob posted:

Cool as hell?

just like jon moxley

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Its an excellent policy because it also has the added benefit of discouraging any employee contractor going forward from taking time off for injuries and just relying on drugs and stuff to get you through it.

they're a brilliant modern company because they've learned to Disrupt the Wrestling Industry so perfectly in this Gig Economy

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

AsInHowe posted:

Donald Trump's approval ratings are in the high-30s, and he's about to be publicly impeached with days of public hearings.

There's virtually no chance he gets re-elected.

Whatever gets you through the day without contemplating suicide

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Andrast posted:

do not start talking about trump you fucks

Why shouldn't we talk about members of the hall of fame?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Andrast posted:

I'll allow it if you talk about his wrestling stuff

He's going to wrestle his way into 8 years

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

looks like the saudi blood money was totally worth it

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Also that whole "we'll tell the fans what they want" thing after Mox and/or Punk end up in AEW. Really good decisions by Vince and co. all around

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

No one wants to see Golden State close the closest competition out in the second round on a sweep.

i do

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

What the gently caress is wrong with you, Darkstar?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

*sees rental car in a tweet to push a character for a multi-billion dollar company*

This man must be rich

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

He must be rich, me and my reddit friends agree that a... man like that wouldn't have access to that car unless he actually bought it for Bobby Lashley

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Lashley is one of the good ones though

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

Nothing? Just saying that Lio claiming that WWE isn't paying him enough to cover travel expenses probably isn't exactly truthful considering he's been caught lying in the past, has a really bad reputation on the indies (to the point of where he burned a lot of bridges), almost got fired several times in WWE (Regal and Lashley saved his job), etc.

I mean Mark Henry called him out in a recent interview because Lio lied to him.

Your original source here is a kayfabe rental car in a tweet

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, and it also ties into what Mark Henry has hinted at in his Busted Open interview where he heavily implies that Lio is not responsible with his money. And it also ties into the Fightful report that Lio is angling for a reality show, probably to make more money. The rental car is being used as an example of him not being responsible with his money. He could use an economy level car like most talents, but instead opts to go for the designer/high end stuff.

I am not defending WWE. They should pay travel expenses, offer insurance, etc. But people are way too quick to blame WWE for every single bad thing as well.

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 2, 2019

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

I don't think Lio is losing all of his money on travel and is probably exaggerating for sympathy. I do think Lio is spending a significant amount of his money on travel because that's standard WWE operating procedure. Trying to paint it as him not being responsible enough with his money on his work mandated business trips is a really bad idea.

maybe he should be fiscally responsible and sleep in his car and not buy that coffee

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

It's very likely both. WWE bad, Lio dumb.

false equivalence

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

rovert posted:

Lio has lots of racial/racist incidents to cite.

no poo poo

Btw love you Rov

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I can't imagine CM Punk going to WWE before AEW if he decides to return to wrestling

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

When AEW announces their TV deal with Mox and/or Punk WWE are as hosed as a monopoly in an unfettered capitalist system can be, which isn't much but still pretty bad

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

run Saudi propaganda exclusively I heard other company's and our government still have deals with them

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The funny thing about late stage capitalism is that it can't even provide the fun treats we were promised in order to coax us into accepting this dehumanizing system.

No wonder Avergers is so big, at least the MCU delivers what it promises with its escapism

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

dromal phrenia posted:

That Luke Harper story is awful and it feels like every day there's another reason to despise WWE.

Now I'm wondering how they'll handle releases after Dean Ambrose left on seemingly good terms only to immediately turn around and release a video that basically announces IM STILL GONNA WRESTLE BUT IT'LL BE GOOD THIS TIME

they'll double down on the burials because beatings will happen until morale improves it's the children who are wrong

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

low chances of it happening

dude posted that video 5 minutes after his contract ran out

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Tweak posted:

I wonder if a, "locker room leader" like Roman would ever go to bat for his coworkers to Vince, especially in light of his best buddy leaving for probably the same reasons a lot of people are pissed about currently

He's a Made Man and always has been. Why would he?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Sometimes people put principle over their own comfort and happiness.

Thankfully capitalism provides enough sticks to stop that commie thinking

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I'd say carrots too but apparently WWE isn't even offering THAT anymore

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

AsInHowe posted:

In the NHL, teams are booking entire hotel blocks for players, along with team-owned planes chartering everyone around. Under the last collective bargaining agreement, players are now able to have their own hotel room for every night on the road, no more roommates.

NFL, MLB, NBA also all do travel arrangements by each team.

stupid strinking players unions, don't they make enough money I just want to watch the game

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Teams owning their own plane is rare now because the costs are often higher than just having a deal with a charter service for the season. I know AsInHowe means the Red Wings, so since the Illitch family also owns the Tigers they share the plane.

But whatever the case it's the team paying, of course.

So the team pays for the flights? Wow such a huge difference to the final point of travel for the players

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Mark Henry is a WWE lifer who got paid out the rear end from the word go, so its not much of a shock that he's all in on the WWE culture and the bullshit defenses for it.

Again, the nice, genial guys are the ones who are gonna just roll with it and accept "this sucks, but everyone else did it before me so I'll just get it over with so no one thinks I think I'm better than them." Its the jerks and troublemakers and poo poo stirrers who are gonna say "gently caress that, I'm not doing it, I don't care what you think of me."

Its a big thing because like it means the people telling us bad things about WWE are guys like Shane Douglas, CM Punk, and Lio Rush and people easily say "oh, they're just assholes and bitter." The Tommy Dreamers and John Cenas and Mark Henrys aren't saying that and are defending WWE so then if you want to believe WWE isn't as bad as they say it becomes easy to just dismiss the people saying otherwise. The day someone like Daniel Bryan with a sparkling reputation comes out and buries WWE business is the day people say "oh, wow, I never thought it was that bad."

moral of the story, being a nice guy means you're a sucker

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

Why dont they just sue the WWE into oblivion? I mean i would pony some cash so the mcmahons could eat poo poo in the real world. Lesnar already showed that their contracts arent worth the paper

:laffo:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Jesus gently caress you asked that in full view of how Punk/Cabana turned out

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The only answer is the guillotine because it's the only solution we have left

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

gently caress you, mick foley

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

Mick Foley wrote a book that mentioned Melina as many times as Jericho mentioned Fozzy in his latest book and Jericho mentioned Fozzy like every sixth sentance.

Thanks for reminding me Chris Jericho is cool as gently caress even if I think his band is mostly okay i'm glad he's super into his creative efforts. Fozzy is kind of kick rear end for that reason alone

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

Jericho is a huge dork for dad rock but he's always been a pretty all around good guy from what I've seen, besides his battles with alcoholism.

there are many reasons I identify strongly with Jericho, and you mentioned most of them

Mother fucker called himself Chris Jericho because of Helloween

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sanguinia posted:

Mick has always been carney as gently caress. People just overlook it because he's also an artist and also made sacrifices that are borderline unparalleled for that art and has on occasion said things that are disapproving of the carney mindset in wrestling (while still fully immersing himself in that mindset and never really taking any definitive action against it.)

Honestly, Bryan isn't that different. The fact that he was principled enough to tell the Saudi Blood Money to gently caress off was a pleasant surprise, but it was still a surprise. He's never been afraid to leverage an opportunity for money.

yeah, there's a reason I also self identify with Foley, Bryan, and Punk

no human is perfect but we all try to root for those we can understand. You can judge Jericho for counting down the seconds until he could get a drink in a lovely situation dealing with the KSA but... like I've been there and using Alcoholic as an insult isn't cool imo

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That DICK! posted:

Let’s reframe it ok big coffin hunter. How about : while acknowledging that the wwe, and the wrestling genre in genre due in large part to the wwe’s industry dominance, is full of people who are not only the stupidest goddamn motherfuckers you will ever meet but also the biggest cocksure assholes you’ll ever done see. By extension the fan base is a also stupid as hell, inconsiderate, a general drain on mankind that should not exist. Us included, boy just how much the world would be better off. Sorry I forgot what we were talking about

I think you need help