Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3887173

Starts about page 22.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Manually emailing out keys.

Which have two seperate keys

And no headings/titles.

WHY. WHY WHY.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
To late guys I'm comitted......

I am going to leave it a day to see if there is a day 1 patch though. I did see land based air strikes in the last video I did! Planes at last!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Grey Hunter posted:

To late guys I'm comitted......

I am going to leave it a day to see if there is a day 1 patch though. I did see land based air strikes in the last video I did! Planes at last!

Fredrik says he expects the patch to be out Monday (I think he's in Sweden so that's Monday CEST)

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

So yeah, wait until then to get a few things fixed.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Veloxyll posted:

Manually emailing out keys.

Which have two seperate keys

And no headings/titles.

WHY. WHY WHY.

When you order Rule The Waves 3, a naval ensign with a signal flag will appear outside your window and semaphore you the entire source code in binary.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Voting for glorious :ussr: because it is in the sweet spot between the USA, which has so many resources that it can do anything, and Japan, which is kind of stuck in its one theater with no money. Russia seems a good balance point.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Mukaikubo posted:

Voting for glorious :ussr: because it is in the sweet spot between the USA, which has so many resources that it can do anything, and Japan, which is kind of stuck in its one theater with no money. Russia seems a good balance point.

Yeah, this argument swayed me. Voted for Japan three times on one computer, so I went back and voted five times for Russia on this one.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

lol grog games

At least Dominions is getting better I guess? :v:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Mukaikubo posted:

Can you force communism, though?

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Well you cod deliberately loose a bunch of wars I suppose.

Germany and I think Japan have events to drive them Fascist, I don't know if there's a corespoding event for the Soviets to take over.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
at least in RTW1 you could get a communist govt by driving up unrest and collapsing in revolution

hell on your prestige tho

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
A vote for Russia, one that this time around hopefully won't get its ships sunk by Japan.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Comrade Koba posted:

When you order Rule The Waves 3, a naval ensign with a signal flag will appear outside your window and semaphore you the entire source code in binary.
Binary is time consuming but easy.

Send the assembly code.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Asymmetric funnels and assymetric superstructures. This is going to be fun.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Vote Japan for the most ridiculous pagoda superstructures we can imagine.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

In which I do terrible, terrible things to get a CV rebuild going.

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah, this argument swayed me. Voted for Japan three times on one computer, so I went back and voted five times for Russia on this one.

So, this is a thing. while form voting is easier for me, it also allows dickheads who cheat at goddam grog games to have their way. so are people wanting votes to be tallied in thread?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Comrade Koba posted:

In Morse code too.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

If people cared more they'd vote more times, system works. This way the posters who care the most have the most say in the game they're following.

They aren't cheaters, they're dedicated.
[/sarcasm]

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

simplefish posted:

If people cared more they'd vote more times, system works. This way the posters who care the most have the most say in the game they're following.

They aren't cheaters, they're dedicated.
[/sarcasm]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6mJw50OdZ4&t=113s

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Grey Hunter posted:

In which I do terrible, terrible things to get a CV rebuild going.

So, this is a thing. while form voting is easier for me, it also allows dickheads who cheat at goddam grog games to have their way. so are people wanting votes to be tallied in thread?

I mean does anyone really care that much about what nation we pick? Dickheads gonna dick no matter what so just do what's easiest for you.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

The Sandman posted:

Vote Japan for the most ridiculous pagoda superstructures we can imagine.

Pagodas on both sides of the flight deck, gracefully curving over to meet in the middle.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
I love a good pagoda mast as much as the next goon, but you guys have seen the RTW ship editor right? It's not really capable of doing a pagoda mast justice

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Splode posted:

I love a good pagoda mast as much as the next goon, but you guys have seen the RTW ship editor right? It's not really capable of doing a pagoda mast justice
One day someone else will make the RTW clone the concept deserves, not the pile of broken grog the games actually are.

Not that I didn't put way too much time into RTW.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I think somebody on their forums made a pack of pagoda masts for the side view maker

acidia
Oct 31, 2012
I've enjoyed watching RtW in the past so I picked this up. Ten years after my first light carrier conversion, still no dive/torpedo bombers. I've got two full fleet carriers, every other nation has bombers, my research is maxed and focused towards carriers, and I've got nothing. A little too much RNG for me.

Zeond
Oct 16, 2008

Please give generously to The League for Fighting Chartered Accountancy, 55 Lincoln House, Basil Street, London, SW3.

acidia posted:

I've enjoyed watching RtW in the past so I picked this up. Ten years after my first light carrier conversion, still no dive/torpedo bombers. I've got two full fleet carriers, every other nation has bombers, my research is maxed and focused towards carriers, and I've got nothing. A little too much RNG for me.

If you're not squeamish about what may be considered cheating, the save file is fully editable with any text editor. In the RTW2 folder go to saves then the Game# folder. In there look for the RTWGame#.bcs file and open it on notepad. Your nation's data will always be there first but all opposing countries are there too in full.

When you see a lot of Research#Level# that's the tech section. Change the zero at the end of the string to a one to set the tech as researched. I'm not sure what the numbers are for the techs you want but you can tell which techs were missed because it will be a zero followed by the next few levels being researched.

I had to learn this the hard way when one of my RTW1 games went to 1925 without superimposed B turrets.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The RNG can really deal you a bad hand like that sometimes. Especially bad when other nations already have the tech because there’s supposed to be a tech diffusion effect that makes a tech easier to research depending on how many other nations have it.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I always found that to be part of the charm. Like yes, I can't figure out how to get centerline turrets despite the fact that all my enemies have them... so I have my stupid Italian 4x2 13" staggered wing crossdeck firing BBs as the French murder me with their stupid efficient designs with decent firing arcs.

For the carriers I think it's even funnier. Decking over a ship is easy and your nation of idiots has cargo-culted that part, but they can't figure out airplanes. Well, time to quadruple-down on the big gun battleship, or add in some large cruisers a la the Alaskas or Design 1047s with an absurd AAA suite so that you can chase down enemy carriers.

The fickle RNG requires some weird design decisions. If it were easy to optimize, the game would be less fun. Also: Always Play with Varied Techs.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

acidia posted:

Every fighter can be a dive bomber once.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

The Sandman posted:

Every fighter can be a dive bomber once.
:japan:

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hopefully the patch will drop today, then we can get going, otherwise we'll start with what we have!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Grey Hunter posted:

Hopefully the patch will drop today, then we can get going, otherwise we'll start with what we have!

Is it a problem on my end that the resolution is quite low? YouTube tells me it’s only 360p which makes it impossible to read any text.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Pirate Radar posted:

Is it a problem on my end that the resolution is quite low? YouTube tells me it’s only 360p which makes it impossible to read any text.

When a video is uploaded to YouTube the higher resolutions take longer to be available. Come back later and it should be ready

Edit: I just checked and the high resolution versions are ready, just manually set them in the player

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Splode posted:

When a video is uploaded to YouTube the higher resolutions take longer to be available. Come back later and it should be ready

Edit: I just checked and the high resolution versions are ready, just manually set them in the player

Awesome, I was just too fast on the button.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

Awesome, I was just too fast on the button.

As I'm (should) now doing a higher res upload, it may take longer to process.

dogsarentdangerous
Aug 11, 2008
Sign me up as a shipwright please.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

So then are we waiting for the first update before sorting out who becomes BUORD?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Welcome to Mother Russia! We'll let the Generals worry about all that land, We're here for the seas! As you can see, we have the Baltic and the Asian front to worry about, so we could end up at war with anyone in the world!
It's fine, its not like they can invade us. Or at least they would be stupid to do so!

Currently, our fleet is stationed in the Baltic, and is not the largest. Five battleships, two armoured and light cruisers and eleven destroyers.

Although it should be said, we are not to far off the rest of the world at this stage., and our budget is comparable to everyone except Great Britain.

Lets take a look at our ships shall we?

The Pervenets is our flagship, 15,000 tons and armed with 4x12” guns, 16x6” and 10” armour.

The other four ships are of the Imperator Petr Veliki class, which has fewer 6” guns, and these are not in turrets. They are 12,800 tons.

Our Pamyat Azova class Heavy crusiers are almost the same size, but trade firepower and armour for speed.

The Diana Class Light cruisers are slower! They are designed for long range operations, but with no armour and pop guns, I fail to see how these ships will survive a major battle.

The Bunyi class destroyers have six light guns and two torpedo tubes. And are the fast ships in our fleet at 28knts. They make up nine of our eleven destroyers.

The last two are the smaller Bravi class, short ranged with cramped quarters.

Our drydocks contain three ships, two more battleships and another Pamyat Azova armoured crusier.

The Retvizan is 13,800 tons, carries the standard 12” guns and 10” armour – but it also has two “AA” guns. When I enquired what they are for, I was told they were to shoot at things in the air – I can only assume the designers were duped into buying them and had to use them somewhere!
Things in the air! Huh! Such flights of fancy.

The Dvenadtsat Apostolov looks like it was trying to use as many letters as possible. She's a thousand tons heavier, and has turreted her secondary guns. She two carries two of the new wonder weapons.

Overall, we have some solid ships, with the exception of our slow as hell light cruisers.

Budget wise, we have been left 1.2 million roubles, and we are running a slight deficit of 36 thousand roubles a month.
Our docks can build ships up to 15,000 tons, and expanding them would cost 1.6 million.

Our research budget is 8%, and can go up to 12%, prioitys are medium, but this will be for BUORD to set once he has been elected.

While we have 12” guns, nothing beyond 6” is considered all that reliable.

World tensions are thankfully low – we need some time to think.

State of the Union Question

There will be no bills for this session, this is more to set the state of things. Please vote on the following questions. Feel free to have a discussion before voting.

Google form for speed of counting.
Please do not cheat, main bills may be done through the forums.

Should we halt construction of any ships?
Should we build any more ships? If yes wins, I will open the floor to what and start the process.
What should our research budget be?
Who should be BUORD?
Intel levels

I'll do a diplomatic vote next, to set how you want me to react to votes. As we will need a bit of time to sort out the results of this vote!

Get to it!

Here is the save file for anyone who wants to get more details.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kmi0pa65zkcvgha/AAADcAoppsNhSI-9n4IUId6Ya?dl=0

Finally, more game to keep you going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
For the glory of the Tsar!