Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i hope james cameron still has the balls to show a bunch of police officers getting loving killed en masse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

well atleast theres gonna be dozens of dead cops

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

this score sounds like rear end tho

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

heres how you fix the franchise

its just a t800 played by keanu reeves

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Gatts posted:

I was thinking an Arnold drama character study movie where he finds out his wife is having an affair. We follow him as he copes with it with a tone of like Eyes Wide Shut. It climaxes when Arnold confronts his wife in the arms of her lover and we find out it is a Predator. The Predator laughs, says this is revenge and we get a climax that is an epic fight as the nuke timer counts down.

But also Arnie's the Terminator right

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

He's not on board that's marketing

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

nice double post nerd

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

is this thread less active than the genisys because goons have gotten exhausted or because the forums are dying

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

but... they already gave legions origin in this one...

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Twins is a good film imo

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

terminator dark fate/stay night

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the screenwriter was huffing his own farts

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Yeah because it has superhuman reflexes and superior combat heuristics

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Xenomrph posted:

For people out there who enjoy video games, the recent Terminator: Resistance is real good - I'm not just saying that as a die-hard Terminator fanboy; even though critics shat all over it it's been getting universally positive reviews from gamers and fans.

you're the dude who stans colonial marines though your video game opinions are worthless

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

zer0spunk posted:

I forgot this almost did something interesting with ICE until you mentioned this

in an ideal world this would have been where arnold showed up to beat down a bunch of chuds but I don't think he would have signed onto the project.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

No.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

tbf, the movie does answer this. John Connor only doesn't matter because Skynet is no longer the problem. if Skynet was still the problem, then yeah, John getting glocked would be an issue; but the future changed, and both its enemy and its savior changed along with it.

idk why john connor wouldn't be useful in this future.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The third act drags it down in my view.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Qualia posted:

isn't it great?! :neckbeard: only seen it once/have to revisit/etc., but i recall 'dark fate' being bonkers awesome. perhaps *because* of how discordant it is to the rest of 'em?

No.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the only good terminator 2 sequel is The One starring jet li and jason statham

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Also Linda Hamilton just drags that film down

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Alhazred posted:

Everything drags that film down.

The first twenty minutes owned.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

You are wrong.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

iamsosmrt posted:

Also, Kyle has to specifically mate with Sarah during ovulation for this to work out. If Skynet sends that Terminator back even a couple of days earlier or later, John Connor probably never exists.

It's more specific than that because the movement and fluctation of splooge means what sperm creates the zygote is incredibly random. Like our births are one in a million possibilities.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Alhazred posted:

A more realistic take on it would be that the various racist and fascist organisations tries to work with the terminator because they basically have the same end goal. Of course, an even more realistic take on it would be that it won't be any more terminator movies because who even cares about the franchise at this point.

They made that movie it's called terminator 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Live Die Repeat/edge of tomorrow would have also made a good terminator sequel