Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Cheap Trick posted:

The upgrade price is a little buried in the FAQ:

Nice! I'd just been wondering about that, thanks for that post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Just need to wait on someone putting out an ultrawide patch. It's ok, I can wait, I just finished my first 380 hour playthrough a month or so ago.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Black Griffon posted:

It's so worth it.

Ultrawide is one of the Director's Cut features, isn't it?

Limited ultrawide, unfortunately. Sufficient for most!

edit: It goes up to 3000somethingx1440 (or whatever kojima's special cinematic resolution is), but I have a 5120x1440 monitor.

Still way better than, like, Elden Ring! Or the vast majority of non-pc-only, and especially Japanese, titles.

The only downside is that DLSS starts getting weird (most notably with the road material flying into straight up into the sky instead flying off at a weird angle), possibly because it's a custom resolution, so I couldn't use it. Still worked just fine for me overall, with solid frames.

Aoi fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 30, 2022

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Jack Trades posted:

Does the game ever give an explanation to white Sams giving you stuff during boss fights or is it just a gameplay thing that never gets acknowledged?

The game pretty much canonically exists in a world where multiverse theory is confirmed, and the chiral network links those realities together. It's how 'Your friend V' wound up stranded in Sam's world rather than Night City, why Cubes keep showing up, and, in the non-tie-in side of things, it's why various preppers keep commenting on how often Sam seems to show up, sometimes implausibly quickly with new orders just after he left.

They're other Sams, giving you a hand (the tar links the past and other worlds alike, which is how old buildings and vehicles and stuff rise out of it). (and also a gameplay thing, other players tossing items they had on them during the fight to help out)

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Parallelwoody posted:

How the hell are you supposed to walk a pizza and wine from the time fall farm to the pizza dude??

Carefully.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Black Griffon posted:

Someone also pointed out upthread that bridges work as ad hoc shelters for vehicles, sometimes better than actual timefall shelters.

A timefall shelter ate one of my vehicles once, and I've never trusted them to do anything for them since.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Ciaphas posted:

i forget, can i cross the belt without starting the endgame as long as i don't get to Edge Knot City proper?

You can!

I did!

...I think.

Don't take my word on it.

Aoi fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 10, 2022

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Black Griffon posted:

What exactly triggers the last pizza mission? I'm trying to do it as early as possible this time but I'm not sure when that is.

The pizza missions are triggered alongside storyline progression, so you can't miss them with side content, but you also can't just wait for them to show up without progressing the main story. The final one is no exception.

I'll just say this for the last one: stay toward the north/due west on your approach, rather than coming up from the south

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Don't drop it.

(try heading back up the hill you came down from the weather station, then head down the slope to the east from there, and you should be able to descend without climbing or running into too many BTs. Getting across the river may be a chore, but from there, you should be able to hook past the distribution center and back north-wards toward your destination)

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Ciaphas posted:

i forget, can you even slap that thing in a private locker?

Can't remember...off-hand.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Ceyton posted:

Also, if you're a dumbass like me who couldn't figure out how to keep the pizza flat without a vehicle - use a floating carrier.

Or fill up the 'main' area of your backpack, then add the pizza on top of those (8 small/4 medium) base slots.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

lol probably. Doesn't he void out then?

You only get a voidout if a BT eats a living person. He's sealed away down there alone, nobody to eat.

Aoi fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Sep 23, 2022

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I also even think you might be able to fast travel back when you first get there, until the plot starts kicking off and you’re locked into the next several hours of kojima’s wild ride

You can indeed.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Stare-Out posted:

Do you deliver Playstation consoles in the PC and Xbox versions of the game?

Yup.

Playstations, vitas...

Playing DS (on the PC) was the closest I've felt to feeling like I was playing a playstation console again in 10+ years.

edit: Sorry, I'd forgotten to add important context

Aoi fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 28, 2023

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Khanstant posted:

thats a long way to ask for an RV dlc

I mean, the Bridges facilities are all basically Truckstops anyway, right down to the 'facilities available' sign when you head down the ramp.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Act-Hardman.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Zero VGS posted:

I'm finally getting around to playing this game and even though I own the free copy on Epic, I instead torrented it so I could get one of those Trainer/Cheat things... being able to toggle "don't fall over" and "game speed 5x" seems to get rid of any annoyances and made it into the cutscene tour I wanted.

I really hope the sequel brings back some of the wacky emergent gameplay like MGSV had, I mean aside from being able to smack someone in the face with a suitcase.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
That's definitely something you tend to learn as you play, and learn to adjust based on your experience as you keep playing. It's part of the fun!

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Khanstant posted:

Yeah I really don't know why they made lethal weapons and so many of them. I didn't even use a single lethal weapon in any MGS game and you were allowed to kill anyone whenever. I wonder if Kojimas plays his games and if he does, is he a run n gunner, is that why they keep adding really stupid and clumsy violence options like lethal guns?

They're actually fairly good against the big BTs, as long as you also bring hemo grenades to coat them first.

But yeah, the bigger reason is the overarching message of the game, that lethal weapons exist, but there's no reason to ever use them against other human beings. The world is hard enough as is.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
They were in the original game and the DC for the Steam version, at least.

I could see that not being the case for the playstation one, though.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Khanstant posted:

What item does that? I briefly tried the silver hand but gravity hand wins every time.

It's an upgrade for your oderak, if you get close enough to a sensor pole on the perimeter of a camp, you can focus on it and get an option to hack it.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Khanstant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKIacsoRIEQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELVvQjYDQ70

I had no idea you could be so safe doing so many dangerous long and far jumps using some of these tools. I never even tried because falling off a little ledge sometimes makes Sam eat poo poo. Don't think I even realized you could run off the ramps without a vehicle.

Oh yeah. I play most of my DC deliveries on foot, with minimal tools, for the fun, but then I set up ramps and do my sicknasty jumps with my hover-backpack for the descent whenever I can.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Roads produce the most likes, by far, because they're the most efficient and effective form of infrastructure you can contribute to the world, by far (in this post-apocalyptic nightmare world in which the concept of trains are no longer feasible). You get likes just by having people driving on (or just walking on) roads you built yourself or contributed to in large part, like you do with any other piece of infrastructure or navigation assistance tool you set down that other people can use, but people travel a lot further on a section of road than they do even a bridge or (generally) a zipline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Bridges to nowhere have been a thing since almost day one, and while there are obviously good reasons for why they get an immense amount of likes, it's beyond my reckoning.