Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

sigher posted:

The RNG nature of the ??? Seeds is bad and I'm surprised they kept it, and it sucks that the 4th class is locked to the end of the game where you barely get to use them.

I don’t mind the fourth class coming so late because for the most part it’s either a straight numeric upgrade over class 3 or is just not balanced for normal play at all. Kevin’s dark class 4 with Nomad, for example, could get 90% reduction to the cost of all class strikes (Nature Aura stacks with Payback).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Zenithe posted:

Hi.

The problem is you are attacking with Angela.

Probably generally good advice, but someone on the steam forums posted a sub 10 second Anise kill using light/dark Angela’s CS 2.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Legend of Mana has some really strong SaGa DNA, which is one of its biggest charms and would be really hard to preserve in a remake. Also the visual style was simply beautiful and I imagine would be pretty hard to translate.

Unlike the other Mana games, the storytelling, while inconsistent and flawed, can sometimes actually be funny, cute or just outright good, instead of insipid.

The main plot is also super Buddhist, but in a weird, Japanese lotus sutra Buddhism way. the Sword of Mana represents enlightenment, this time, and the final challenge of attaining enlightenment is (of course, it’s a JRPG) fighting the Mana Goddess, which you do on a perfectly still lake surrounded by lotus blossoms reflecting the full moon, a classic Buddhist image representing the state of enlightenment. But the overall theme, rather than the traditional, original Buddhist teaching of seeking detachment from an endless cycle of suffering, is embracing the contradictions of creation as fundamentally positive and something to be cherished.

Trials is the game I most wanted to see remade because I don’t care about video game stories, I just want a bright, colorful medium in which to plan out character builds and party compositions then beat up monsters and Trials delivers really well on that. But I’d still really like to see a Legend of Mana remake. The original gameplay is not good, but it’s a game that tries a lot of really creative, experimental ideas, and some of them actually work.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Spacebump posted:

I would even be down for a simple port with minimal quality of life improvements tbh.

I think the combat system really needs an overhaul. The game is just ridiculously easy and in a really bad way. Trials is too easy, but it at least always keeps you engaged.

Anybody have feelings on the best team to support Angela? I’m reaching the end of my second play through and want to try and make as overpowered an Angela as possible to see just how bad the balance can actually get. I’m thinking Grand Diviner, Warlock, Star Lancer, though that means I won’t have reliable debuffs until class 3 and Star Lancer doesn’t contribute much but the buffs.

How important do people feel Provoke is for Angela? I could see Angela, Starlancer, Edelfrei, using Pinpoint, Magic Smash and Duran’s CS 2 to debuff bosses. That would be a much more balanced team and have Duran there to keep heat off of Angela.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I assume the third play through would be a ng+, so they wouldn't need mp recovery at all. They've probably already beat black rabite so they can just equip that ability and all magic costs 0 for her

No NG+. I want my decisions to actually make a difference. Actually, overpowered DPS casters are something I almost always stay away from in RPGs, but I want to get a sense for myself for class balance in this game and to see whether Angela is as overpowered as everyone says.

If I don’t burn out on the game first, I still want to try Paladin, Divine Fist, Rogue (CS spam from all three characters while Rogue needs minimal support for its traps) and try to figure out the coolest team for Nomad.

Thanks for the suggestions from everyone! I should point out that I’m probably not going to do the post game, and I do care about class 2, since you spend about as much time there as class 3, though obviously ending up as powerful as possible at the end of the game is more satisfying and important than a powerful mid-game then trailing off. As such Dark Angela getting a magic up buff in the post game isn’t something I’d really take into consideration, for example. Also, I generally never user Beiser consumables on principle, since they make class choices much less important. At any rate, I’ll probably go dark rather than light on Angela and think about a team with some healing. I am tempted by Ninja Master since I haven’t tried dark Hawkeye yet.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

jokes posted:

Truly there is no reason to have a -saber casting person because of the night market. Just buy all the -saber items, it’s not like Lucre is difficult to come by. And saber abilities are nice but not exactly crucial. Only thing you really need are cups of wishes, though. If you refuse to bring a healer for some reason you might need chocolates but if you have everyone in selfish damage roles, cups of wishes are sufficient to get them back in the fight and you should kill every boss way before you go through 9 cups.

Not bringing a healer seems to be pretty optimal for most parties, honestly. Someone to do damage, or boost your damage further seems to actually prevent more incoming damage overall because damage dealing passives and skills stack so aggressively.

Attack Saber II is really strong and makes a saber casting character worth it even if you are using the night market items (which I think are super cheesy and religiously avoid).

On Reisz: I’ve only played Vanadys, which is a little on the weak side, especially if you’re playing with night market items. But she comes with her own magic debuff if you have a reliable source of crits and buffs + debuffs together do make a huge difference in damage output. Compared to Star Lancer, she’s strictly worse at support, but not by as much as it seems on paper. Between Oracle and Extra Potent she only needs to keep buffs up on one character, and a strong team ends fights quickly enough that you probably only need to renew once, if that. In return she gets more defense (meh) and a better CS3 (also pretty meh, since her damage is sub-par to begin with). I think Vanadys should get Provoke and some stronger HP regen passives to solidify her role as a support tank. Freya also needs an overhaul, since it’s actively harmful most of the time if you let the AI use it.

On Nomad: It’s not an overpowered class by any stretch, but it’s not too terrible. It’s probably 3rd best melee damage dealer after Duran and Kevin’s dark classes, but gets a pretty strong AoE spell and some cool (if not extremely strong) support in return. I think it’s reasonably balanced compared to Kevin’s dark classes, but Edelfrei blows it out of the water. Edelfrei’s sabers are far better support tools on a melee focused team and Edelfrei himself does way more damage.

Heithinn Grasida fucked around with this message at 09:02 on May 11, 2020

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

I haven’t played much with the English VA, but in Japanese, when Kevin gets a level he sometimes yells out, “I leveled up!” Now, as far as I know according to my terrible Japanese, people do sometimes say “level up” outside the context of RPGs, but I still find it really funny.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Folt The Bolt posted:

Riesz really feels like you're not picking her to play as, but to get those buff/debuff spells before you ignore the gently caress out of her forever (unless you need to use one of her class strikes). Of her four possible class paths, only Dragon Master needs to be piloted if you want peak performance; her other spells you can just access the Ring Menu to use.

Yeah, I wish it were more possible to make a more active play style on Vanadys at least, so then you have two support, passive classes and two more active hybrids.

When do people find Angela starts to get really overpowered? I just finished the ghost ship and her spells are very strong, but not really sustainable even with the cost reduction power and Victory MP Boost. She tears through bosses quickly, but spending so much on walnuts makes it harder to upgrade my gear. Overall I feel she’s still weaker than melee characters at this point and more of a hassle to play.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

EponymousMrYar posted:

The same way he got on it: Supernatural Enthusiasm.

Also you never see him again so read into that how you will.

He shows up in Beiser and gives you a chain ability that’s really useful for grinding, so he definitely makes it off the ship somehow.

I like about 80% of the fan translation names better. I thought “God Beasts” was perfect, while “Benevodon” sounds weak and makes no sense.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

The Gunslinger posted:

I got my class 3 for Angela and now I get what everyone was saying, jesus christ she just melts everything including Benevodons. Duran and Hawkeye are basically just accessories that she drags along.

I want to do a Kevin/Riesz/Charlotte run and be done with the game so I can move onto FF7R and Xenoblade DE. What's the best combo for this crew and who should I main? I assume Kevin because the AI is pants on stupid with melee dps. Or maybe I'll sub out Charlotte for Duran to speed things up? I haven't done a run with Charlotte but she seems kinda meh.

I just finished my Angela run and yeah, she’s completely nuts in the last 30% of the game or so. But I think she’s noticeably weaker most of the time before that. Even then, compared to Divine Fist, Vanadys, Edelfrei, Angela only really felt better in the final dungeon against boss fights, and not by too much, while Divine Fist completely trivialized all the regular enemies. I don’t like the exaggerated inverse difficulty curve, but I don’t think Angela is all that overpowered with it taken into account.

Yeah, you should probably main Kevin. I would take L/L Kevin (ignore the healing, you’re here for CS spam), D/L Riesz (she has great CS generation, boosted by Divine Fist and can buff herself while debuffing enemies) and L/L or L/D Charlotte for melee support. D/L Duran would be better, since he fits better on a melee team while also giving great support (healing is not that important), but Charlotte will work just fine, too.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

I don’t think the AI uses sabers, but it might just be that I’ve never bothered to set the MP limit properly on moves for Duran. Anyway, I mostly only used sabers on boss fights since everything else died too fast for it to seem worth it.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Shoenin posted:

Angela doesn't start to get noticeably silly sill you get that 1 chain ability in the tomato dudes island. Then she's just a walking machine gun of Lucent beams.

It really bugs me that that ability prevents the 10% exp bonus from not getting hit. But even by the point I had reclaim 1 and 2, Angela still didn’t really feel better than Kevin. A good few of the benevodons felt tougher, too. I ended up just switching to Duran to finish Xan Bie, actually. By the time Angela had Pinpoint 2 and Duran’s Flourish, she really took off and started just shredding bosses in seconds.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Kevin’s light CS2 is basically the same as Duran’s dark CS2 and is part of what makes Divine Fist so good. Unfortunately Divine Fist’s C3 is pretty bad, since it takes forever to fire, doesn’t track and can miss.

I’ve heard several people say Paladin’s CS3 is really good and I’m going for a CS spam team with Paladin, Divine Fist and Rogue now, so hopefully that will be fun. Knight’s damage output with Counter 1 and 2 has been surprisingly good, actually.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

My plans for a Paladin, Divine Fist, Rogue CS spam team mostly fell apart and I’m sad. In case anyone wants to know, it turns out Guard doesn’t work with the CS Damage abilities, so even though Glint Blade is very strong, Paladin’s CS generation isn’t strong enough to put it to great use. And Rogue’s Trap CS Boost only works on the lower tier of traps, not anything with “projectile” in the description. While he can still build the CS gauge crazy fast, it doesn’t seem worth it compared to just spamming high damage traps.

I find Divine Fist pretty boring. Instantly destroying ~80% of normal fights with Nature Aura -> CS 2 gets old, and his CS 3 is really bad and boring to watch. He is quite strong, though.

Paladin is actually really cool. He seems almost completely loving indestructible, and absorbing 30% of damage against party members is huge. His heal light keeps you topped up between fights consistently, and healing during battles is rarely needed. Glint slash looks amazing and is very effective, too.

Rogue is weird. He basically seems like a budget Angela that targets Defense and doesn’t need buffs. He does good damage, but burns through MP super fast, and I’m not sure what the use case for a lot of the traps is. I find he’s a little more fun to play than Angela because Hawkeye’s attack chains are so good, but overall I’d much rather play Nomad (I haven’t tried either of Hawkeye’s dark classes yet, but I suspect I’d like both of them better, too).

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Assuming you’re not using Night Market items extensively she still basically doubles the team’s magic damage (magic up + magic smash) while being an extra body on the field. If you are using them, then yeah, light Riesz is pretty bad aside from Army of One, which drops off pretty hard compared to what other characters get.

Personally I think it’s fine for Star Lancer to be a really boring but effective support class, especially for magic focused teams, but I think Vanadys really needs a little something extra to make her worth piloting. She was the strongest attacker among Riesz’ classes in the snes game, but in the remake her dark classes are stronger by far.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Crystalgate posted:

I've beaten the game with all six character now. I do not see myself doing Anise's Stockade ever again.

The game is way too offense oriented. I see no problem with allowing you to go heavily into offense, but it feels like that the game punishes other approaches. I usually had an easier time with Duran, Kevin and Angela than with the other three, despite playing a harder difficulty with the first mentioned three and having access to stat down, multi-target stat up and Charlotte's healing with Riezs, Hawkeye and Charlotte.

By the way, is it a coincidence that Duran, Kevin and Angela had solo boss fights when obtaining their class 4 items while the rest had full party fights or is it difficulty based?

Angela has a lot of "linear warriors, quadratic wizards" going on over her. She is weak at the start and completely overpowered late game.

I think the main problem regarding offense is that enemies just don’t have enough health and aren’t quite aggressive enough. Some of the defensive classes actually do work. I can confirm Paladin, at least really is very strong at preventing damage to the team. The problem is that a really strong damage dealer just tears through enemies too fast for it to matter. If late game enemies were more robust compared to to the top damage dealers offense, they would have more time to be threatening. Also healing items are so cheap and powerful that healing magic is mostly a convenience.

Hawkeye is capable of a lot of damage in most of his classes, I think. Nightblade might do less damage, but it has instant kills against regular enemies in return. I don’t think he’s really worse than Duran or Kevin. For Riesz, I’ve heard Dragon Master is a very solid damage dealer, but haven’t tried it yet. If you don’t use the Beiser items, Riesz’ light classes are super strong, especially Star Lancer in a magic team, since she doubles Angela’s damage while also taking hits and chipping away on her own.

Overall I think class balance is not too bad, though obviously with some glaring exceptions. Duran’s light classes are on the weaker side because offense trumps defense, meanwhile Edelfrei is a little overpowered, with massive damage potential and great support. Paladin, at least, is still good, though, and lots of people here have mentioned they like Liege. Kevin is well balanced against Duran (except Edelfrei) and all his classes are good. I think all of Hawkeye’s classes are good, too. Vanadys is on the weak side for Riesz, though it’s still great on a melee team if you aren’t using Beiser items. Charlotte feels the weakest, since she’s based on healing, which just isn’t that strong. I didn’t like necromancer, but I’ve heard Sage and Warlock can be okay. Angela is completely broken at the end of the game, in return for being weak early, which I think is not great.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Shoenin posted:

Nightblade's problem is regular mooks die more or less immediately by that point in the game, and his boss damage is relatively low because of its damage gimmick being unable to actually work. Its still his strongest melee class even without it, but it shows just how weird his overall design is. Haven't tried Light Hawk yet but from ive heard they're pretty much just a lesser angela with some support, kinda like Ninja Master is.

Rogue is like an Angela ripoff with decent melee (no strong attack boosts, but I think Hawkeye has the best attack chains overall), Nomad is weird and all over the place and definitely my favorite class. Actually, Nomad is by far the strongest melee attacker of Hawkeye’s classes. Nightblade has higher raw attack from higher strength and a better weapon, but that can’t compete with Pinpoint 2, Critical Damage and Moon Energy. Also all his major damage boosting powers (the above crit powers, Ambush 2 and Special Effect) apply to both weapons and spells, and he has a pretty decent attack spell in Poison Bubble. His defensive spells are also pretty strong if you’re controlling him. He’s super versatile as an attacker, caster and support character, and while he may not be the best at any one thing, he does everything reasonably well.

Shoenin posted:

Ive no idea why Dark Riesz doesn't get aura's. Its the biggest oversight in the game imo, and hurts those classes pretty bad even if they are supposed to be the attack classes. Vanadis is bad because most of everything it does, Star Lancer just does better. Bad healing doesn't make up for literally everything else. It can still work since her buffs are buffs, but there's too much "wtf?" about it like the (nonsensically)situational auras.

I think the lack of auras is the point. Her dark classes are more focused on damage and being player controlled, while her light classes are more support focused. I’m aiming for Dragon Master in my current play through, so I’ll have to see how she does, but I’ve read that it’s quite solid. I find Vanadys to be okay on a melee team. Light Riesz has very strong CS gain if you control her, and Vanadys’ CS 3 is very good. The problem is that her damage output is too low in Vanadys and the tankiness is mostly pointless.

If I were going to make a mod, I’d swap the class passives of Valkyrie and Vanadys and buff both. Her light classes’ weapons might need a buff too.

Shoenin posted:

Light Duran has the same problem Light Duran had in SFC. Damage sucks and is kind of pointless. Duelist is also kind of bad as well since too gimmicky and slow for its own good instead of just being GRUG SMASH like it should be. Duran for me is probably the worst designed character because only 1 of his end classes is good due to a overpowered ability and +crit damage, he'd be meh support otherwise without it. Plus they're chains so they'd be better on Kevin or maaaybe possibly Dark Riesz. Poor Guy.

I think the only real problem is Edelfrei. It shouldn’t be one of the strongest support characters and one of the strongest attackers. If Edelfrei only did a little more damage than the light classes, Duran’s class balance would be pretty reasonable. Of course, enemies need to be threatening and durable enough that a defensive class is important, and items need to be balanced compared to healing magic, too.

Shoenin posted:

Charlotte is actually good now because she can do some damage, and her support stuff is much better here. High Cleric is outclassed by Sage, and Warlock is arguably better than Necro, but all are technically sound.

I thought Charlotte was overpowered in the original and underwhelming now. I’ve only played Necromancer, though. Debuffs are much easier to come by now, so Black Curse is far less useful. Necromancer does pretty decent damage with summons in both games, but healing is amazing in the original (instant and basically unlimited) while it’s been nerfed in this version and simple interface changes have made items much more usable. You could use items for everything in the original too, but inventory management would drive most players mad. Maybe Sage and Warlock could be very good as AI controlled casters with decent support, though.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

How many super low offense teams are there that you could really stumble into? Hawkeye does at least reasonable damage in all his classes except maybe nightblade, which could use a buff. It might even be fine if max HP reduction worked properly on bosses. Kevin does good damage in every class, as does Angela. For Charlotte, only L/L doesn’t really contribute much, the other classes are at least moderately competent damage dealers. Riesz and Duran in their light classes both lack damage, but I think that should be changed for Vanadys. That means to have a team with really poor damage output, you’d need to run something like Light Duran, Light/Light Charlotte and Light Riesz, which should be pretty obviously overlapping in roles. You’d still be pretty much unkillable with that kind of party, though.

I think aside from Angela ending up really overpowered, if you nerfed or removed most of the broken chain abilities, removed the Beizer items, or at least made them into rare consumables, and nerfed or somehow limited healing items, the classes would end up reasonably well balanced.

From there you just have to make it so the strongest damage parties don’t just kill everything before it can fight back. Even if you nerf damage dealers a lot (which would turn off a lot of people who just can’t handle seeing numbers go down), I don’t think you can accomplish that without buffing enemy stats in the late game.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Out of curiosity what party would be the absolute most broken in terms of damage?

I figured it was all dark Kevin/Angela/Charlotte right?

I think you’d have to focus on either Kevin or Angela as your main damage dealer. Angela probably ends up stronger in the end game, but Kevin is better for at least the first 2/3s of the game and remains really strong up to the end.

For a Kevin team, you need Edelfrei — Attack Saber 1 and 2 and possibly Flourish are just too good to give up — so Fatal Fist (D/D Kevin), Edelfrei (D/L Duran) and Dragon Master (D/L Riesz), Fenris Knight (D/D Riesz), Ninja Master (D/L Hawkeye) or maybe even Nomad (L/L Hawkeye) are likely best.

For Angela, Magus, Liege, Dragon Master or Fenris Knight is probably the best damage. If you don’t use night market items, you should take Star Lancer instead of Fenris Knight, since Star Lancer can both buff and debuff magic.

Personally I think Kevin feels stronger overall in spite of what people say, but I don’t like pure casters and I haven’t tried Magus.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Crap, wrong thread.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

That’s one of the game’s tougher fights, but if I recall it’s lower level than the desert, so you should probably try to tough it out. The AI is indeed pretty useless there, unfortunately. Particularly you’ll have to be much more active about manually healing if you’ve previously been relying on the AI.

What’s your party composition? Thunder saber should help a lot, which you could get from the night market if you don’t have Gladiator.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Knight, Brawler, and Sorceress. Duran hasn't been as durable as I hoped, I've been leaning heavily on Kevin.

SuperKlaus posted:

I had a bit less trouble with them because I ran Duran with Provoke and Hawk and Angela both with Enigma. Use Provoke and Enigma as you can and then pilot Duran primarily during the fight. You can mitigate lots and lots of the damage this way.

Going to second this: putting provoke on Duran and primarily controlling him will take a lot of heat off your allies. Also put enigma on Angela and set her to go buck wild with spells and items (no restrictions at all) and the AI will put out good damage.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Alternatively, you could main Duran as edelfrei and have the other two contribute magic damage. Melee DPS is very weak in the AI’s hands, but it does reasonably at controlling magic characters. Items are easily sufficient for healing, at least unless maybe you’re playing the recently added difficulty modes. Edelfrei is perfectly self-sufficient as a melee character and doesn’t need support, so it still makes sense as a player controlled character on a magic-focused team (or any team, it’s just a super good and versatile class.)

You should absolutely take provoke on Duran, though, whether you control him or not. It’s a really strong ability. Either it will group enemies up and keep them off you if you’re playing a caster, or it will keep your idiot companions alive if you’re controlling Duran.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Can’t really speak for the Angela classes.

Necromancer is interesting as a hybrid physical attacker that’s strong against normal encounters with melee, then has debuffs, healing and magic against bosses. Overall it’s not great, but is interesting. Warlock is a good class for healing on a magic heavy team since she can debuff magic defense and has strong spells herself. I’ve only played necromancer, but found it underwhelming. I would take warlock, of the two.

Nomad and Rogue are both cool, with rogue playing as a full caster that has melee backup and nomad playing as a super-versatile hybrid support build. I think nomad is one of the coolest and most fun class designs ever, but it’s not super strong and it takes forever to really come online. Rogue is much more straightforward and also probably a good bit more powerful.

Vanadys is much more interesting to actually play than starlancer, but starlancer is generally better. Both get a really strong CS gauge boosting skill, but starlancer is more for passive party support while Vanadys is more for tanking (but doesn’t get provoke, so is not great at it) and CS spam.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Rogue / Fenrir Knight is fine. In fact, that’s actually a very good team to support Hawkeye. I think debuffs work out to be stronger mathematically than buffs and you obviously can’t get ninjutsu debuffs with light hawk. Angela is a really nice addition because she gets a chain ability that recovers mp on hit, and Hawkeye has several rapid multi hit combos. Angela’s chain ability will make it easy for Hawkeye to keep topped up on MP and spam traps as ranger/rogue. She also is super powerful and the AI handles her much better than it does melee characters.

Another possibility for a rogue support team would be Rogue / Star Lancer / Evil Shaman (Carlie’s dark/dark, I forget the names in the remake). That gets you multi-target healing, a magic debuff and all buffs. I don’t think it’s actually better. The AI will tear things up with Angela, that chain ability is really nice, and I never had issues with healing in several play throughs on hard.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

I think it’s basically impossible to go wrong with Angela, though if I recall some people don’t like rune master as much. I don’t remember her classes that well, honestly, since I only ever went for a light/light crit build, but I think each class is good depending on whether you spend most of the time controlling her and exactly what you want her to do.

I vaguely remember that light is better if you’re mostly leaving her to the AI for mp management reasons. Dark can be just as good, but you should mainly be controlling her to make it work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Yeah, even hard is really easy for the most part. There can be some tense parts, but instant and plentiful items let you power through almost anything. At some point I’ll actually go for very hard / expert / no future, but the setup to do that seems like a big pain.