Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Breaking Bad was the Halflife 2 of TV: it got the ball moving but now it's just a marker of how far things have moved since then. What was edgy and really pushed the envelope in 2008 is just silly and campy now that we're used to streaming shows uncensored by the FCC, and all the wife drama in the mid-seasons was painful. e: Classic ending though.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

breaking bad would have been 1000x better if they'd stuck with the Mr Wizard Cooks Meth and Solves Problems theme of season 1, like when Walt has to make a car battery (they did kinda bring this back at the very end for the M60 in the trunk)

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJZjMGd2b0M
Best part of breaking bad right here

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I've said it before but I feel like we really just need to merge all the GBS TV threads so we can all just post in one place about how we're watching a show we don't like

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

better call saul season 1 is a good example of how even a dull story can be compelling if it's driven by good characters. unlike the skylar seasons of breaking bad

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

ive never seen the sopranos but the beatles sucked

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Oz is hard to watch now because it's like it was filmed by a highschool drama class in the back of the gym

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

sons of anarchy devoted a whole season to rape and it was bad

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

my biggest complaint about The Wire is that there are dogs barking in the background all the time, and for some reason unlike most TV sound effect dogs my dogs always recognize this immediately as an actual dog possibly in the room somewhere who they need to tell to gently caress off

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

also if you wanna talk about boring TV how about loving mad men. what a snoozefest

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Strategic Tea posted:

'Glorifying cops', as though it's bad to show them doing what they're actually supposed to do. Have you ever tried fixing your poo poo police rather than damning them?

Not that the shows even go that far, because they're full of corruption and yadda yadda

hey guys we got a PIG LOVER over here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

It's time to admit that twin peaks wasn't a very good show.