Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I'm not willing to be a 9/11 truther but the anthrax stuff was blatantly a false flag that has been forgotten.

Imo there is a big difference between the 'jet fuel can't melt steel beams' idiots and the 'it was a way to deal with a lot of problems and get rich simultaneously' style of truthing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

bush did 9/11 is a metaphor you see,

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
the towers collapsing on 9/11 is a big lesson in being careful of what you wish for :ohdear:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
It isn't "jet fuel melts steel beams", it's "they pre-loaded the planes to blow" with the former being the misdirection campaign....

Doesn't anyone know how to pull up that tweet from this year or so? The one of a pre-911 military document proposing exactly that strategy using passenger planes

edit: And I am not talking about Operation Northwoods, it was specifically about explosive charges inside of planes. A recent twitter image / scanned document by detty or someone.

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 03:29 on May 6, 2021

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

dont tell me jeb wrote a novel where Moe Oughtta crashes a plane into a building in NYC and they only figure it out cause his passport survived the inferno...

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Tbqh I think one should be careful to not dismiss one theory that explains weird and obvious connections that ultimately paints a picture of a conspiracy being executed or attempted, just because ot is merely adjacent to something far crazier. Its why generalizing to "9/11 truther" is not useful; there are many competing conspiracy theories about 9/11. Most of them are fundamentally unsound. Some of them suggest the US did things domestically that they're known to have done abroad, and is entirely inside the playbook of our people.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Thread posted:

It isn't "jet fuel melts steel beams", it's "they pre-loaded the planes to blow" with the former being the misdirection campaign....

Doesn't anyone know how to pull up that tweet from this year or so? The one of a pre-911 military document proposing exactly that strategy using passenger planes

edit: And I am not talking about Operation Northwoods, it was specifically about explosive charges inside of planes. A recent twitter image / scanned document by detty or someone.

a jumbo jet full of fuel crashing into a building at 300 mph is as good an explosion as you could hope for lol

the moment you question reality to the extent that a passenger jet full of passengers crashed into the towers you're increasing the scope and the depth of the conspiracy by orders of magnitude to include a couple thousand people or more

a report about an imminent event occurring and some brass letting it happen because of calculations is feasible, hell you can even put some intelligence analysts into concrete graves if you want, but questioning the structure of the event is nonsense

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Yeah you need to read backwards into this thread's pages some more

edit: just search it for 9/11 at least

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 04:04 on May 6, 2021

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
If you have done anything involving fire systems engineering and the effect of temperature on the Young's modulus of metals you can easily figure out metal doesn't need to be molten to stop being structurally sound. Especially when you start removing members from a system.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Oh, it's just redundancy. Like how hitler bit down on a cyanide capsule before shooting himself, so the CIA planted bombs in the towers before the planes hit. This explains WTC 7, but here's the kicker: what happened to the 3rd plane?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
9/11 put options

Lmao

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

9/11 put options

Lmao

[Epstein] 9/11 put options

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

I pet the goat two times.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

A Russian troll farm posted:

Oh, it's just redundancy. Like how hitler bit down on a cyanide capsule before shooting himself, so the CIA planted bombs in the towers before the planes hit. This explains WTC 7, but here's the kicker: what happened to the 3rd plane?

if by 3rd you mean the plane that crashed into the ground instead of a building, a lot of conspiracies have it chalked up as an "extra" in case any of the other 3 didn't work right. I think the official explanation was that it was intended for the white house but the passengers overpowered the hijackers

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Marzzle posted:

if by 3rd you mean the plane that crashed into the ground instead of a building, a lot of conspiracies have it chalked up as an "extra" in case any of the other 3 didn't work right. I think the official explanation was that it was intended for the white house but the passengers overpowered the hijackers

yeah they made a whole movie out of it too which is how you know it's bullshit just like zero dark thirty.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

yeah the better explanation is that it was shot down on orders from Cheney. doesn't make for a patriotic story tho

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

KaptainKrunk posted:

yeah the better explanation is that it was shot down on orders from Cheney. doesn't make for a patriotic story tho

Actually its very patriotic

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1305727961048309767?s=19

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

KaptainKrunk posted:

there would be no reason to cover up shooting down a plane with terrorists on it

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

maybe they thought the country "needed hope" or something

they had enough power to lie their way into a war, why not other stuff?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwmRpdyriII

lol literally a tv show about a group of conspiracy nerds finding out 9/11 was at its center MIC-elements driving planes into the WTC to drive arms sales via forever wars against tinpot dictators because the cold war was over.

just making the episode is taking a victory lap, publishing it on 3/4/01 is really dunking on everyone.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm just saying the anthrax attacks were very hosed.

But the world has also seemingly accepted that Bush's wmd lies happened and moved on so :shrug:

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

on a day like 9/11 you need some sort light in the darkness. it's like pearl harbor with that chef who manned the anti-aircraft guns. just something that, in a tiny way, makes up for how owned we were.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Delta-Wye posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwmRpdyriII

lol literally a tv show about a group of conspiracy nerds finding out 9/11 was at its center MIC-elements driving planes into the WTC to drive arms sales via forever wars against tinpot dictators because the cold war was over.

just making the episode is taking a victory lap, publishing it on 3/4/01 is really dunking on everyone.

I remember watching that episode of The Lone Gunmen (X-Files spinoff) back in early 2001, and thinking that it was way too over the top.

Then 9/11 happened. I spent years trying to find someone else who had seen that episode and felt like it was a fever dream. Naturally nobody knew what I was talking about because the show was canceled and that episode was pulled forever.

Talk about the MIC flexing...

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Lol, the democrats thought "I was going to kill an airline full of people but didn't" was a winning campaign slogan. I wonder why they didn't retake the senate.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMq1PiUbf-M

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Backweb posted:

I remember watching that episode of The Lone Gunmen (X-Files spinoff) back in early 2001, and thinking that it was way too over the top.

Then 9/11 happened. I spent years trying to find someone else who had seen that episode and felt like it was a fever dream. Naturally nobody knew what I was talking about because the show was canceled and that episode was pulled forever.

Talk about the MIC flexing...

best part - thats not the mind gently caress in that episode, that's the provided proof not the actual conspiracy lead. they give you that little bit so you know the actually really hosed up conspiracy in that episode is also true, but they can't provide direct evidence.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHRZmAK4eug

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
keeping in mind its the '9/11 is real and here is how it goes down, as published in march 2001' episode,

read this:
https://www.fudzilla.com/news/pc-hardware/32097-expert-claims-nsa-has-backdoors-in-intel-amd-processors (as a random example of very persistent rumors)

watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTzZtxUcncg&t=2578s

computers, how do they work? :iiam:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Don't forget the best one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Lvv1f5Qu4

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

theres no way that a barely trained pilot flying a commercial aircraft for the first time could hit the pentagon at the angle he did.
the planes flight heading and where it hit the building means that it flew passed the building and executed a perfect descending roll for a full 180 leveling the plane just as the wing would have hit the street and crash into the wall of the pentagon parallel to the ground.

good shot kid that was one in a million

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

Real hurthling! posted:

theres no way that a barely trained pilot flying a commercial aircraft for the first time could hit the pentagon at the angle he did.
the planes flight heading and where it hit the building means that it flew passed the building and executed a perfect descending roll for a full 180 leveling the plane just as the wing would have hit the street and crash into the wall of the pentagon parallel to the ground.

a few months later we started getting stories about these nifty new predator drones being used for surveillance in afghanistan. planes that can be flown remotely. genius!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

didn't someone do exactly this in the new Microsoft Flight Sim

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

that one dude stole a plane and did loops and poo poo, idk.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/worker-intentionally-crashed-plane-stolen-from-sea-tac-airport-fbi-probe-says/281-613029453

quote:

The FBI says it found no evidence Russell received any former flight training. However, they say he was familiar with the checklist for starting an airplane and that they located internet searches where he found instructional videos.

On the cockpit audio recordings, Russell is heard telling air traffic controllers he didn't need that much help controlling the aircraft, because he had played some video games before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OWtOdtbUow

lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

thats a prop plane

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

maybe the crazy impossible to perform 180 was actually them recovering from a hosed up approach

I'm pretty sure I read something about one of the planes flying directly into Cheney's office with financial records.

taqueso has issued a correction as of 08:07 on May 6, 2021

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Better to just land on top of it. The approach makes no sense and risks grounding the plane.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

didn't someone do exactly this in the new Microsoft Flight Sim

On their first try?

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

A. This plane weighs about 1/10th as much as a 757.
B. This guy is doing a loop-de-loop, if he was doing a corkscrew descent that close to the ground he probably would have clipped a wing. Hitting at a side angle would’ve been a bitch, but maybe possible, I’m not a pilot so I dunno.
C. This didn’t go so hot for this guy either.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Footage from the gas station near the pentagon not being released is a red flag to this day.

Also the obviously doctored footage we do have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
it really really irritates me that google has wiped the best 9/11 conspiracy videos off Youtube's search function so they're basically impossible to find

same for most conspiracy topics. such horseshit