Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Here's to an Élégant thread.

Clarste posted:

Just a heads-up: Anya is going to be Ania soon.
This is the opposite of what I just said. Although I expected it given the nameplate on her door. Does someone want to remind the japanese they don't really understand how to spell western names?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Not the feds, the SSS.

Yeah especially since this is the whole east/west germany alternate history kind of story. Yori works for the Stasi.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I forgot to tell you :colbert:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Are the pages out of order for anyone else using Manga plus on their phones? It's been lIke this for a while for me.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Nondevor posted:

On the official MangaPlus app or through the link on the front page?

The link on the front page. This week I was confused why the talks over the wine seemed to be jumping forward and backwards.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kind of a meh chapter overall with a good recovery on the ending.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So did Loid give Frankie the face of his mentor or something?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

HenryEx posted:

Élégance was misspelled this chapter. What a disgrace.

Viz really hates refined language. Dodgeball chapters continue to be amazing in every manga I see them in though.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So a oneshot was translated by Tatsuya Endo, pretty sure this is the predecessor to Spy x Family since it's release date was 2018, and there's a hell of a jump between this story and what was ultimately serialized. Instead of two grown agents making a fake family, It's a young pseudo-kunouchi falling in love with an older Spy and becoming partners after a respectable time skip. Title is ISpy and the funny thing is I clicked the link thinking we were already getting the knockoff series because Spy x Family is popular. Then I saw the art

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
If Bi-weekly is the price I pay to have a quality manga, it's a price I gladly open my proverbial wallet for.

I'm honestly surprised the last of the terrorists had the stones to run away even with the tangential rage he'd be exposed too since the Dog was the main target.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mulderman posted:

Poor stupid George...

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

theGrooseofLegend posted:

lol of course a kid's allowance could only afford a guy like Daybreak

Daybreak tailors his services to his paycheck. Don't sleep on my man, he'll prove his worth down the line

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New chapter
Maybe it's because this happened a lot in other stuff I read these past weeks, but I'm really tired of authors introducing rival characters into series that don't need them. Cat anya protecting her own was adorably appropriate.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

tsob posted:

I mean, we already met Daybreak several chapters ago.
I'm talking about unneeded love rivals. Daybreak is a treasure and I won't hear otherwise. :colbert:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I hope every person that visits the Forger household ends up being a secret agent or something.

Henry showing up for a home visit and a surprise backstory when?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Shame we already did the Dodgeball arc But underground Wimbledon is going to be amazing.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

InspectorCarbonara posted:

A glimpse into another world where Nightfall posed as Twilight's wife from the start:
https://twitter.com/_tatsuyaendo_/status/1292584944582012929

Thatt's one spooky anya.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I've missed lethal Yor so much you wouldn't believe.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

Also the Colonel's "secret" being his personal stash of totally-not-idol photos is the best punchline to this whole ordeal I could've hoped for :allears:

I honestly think this chapter redeems the whole story arc surrounding Nightfall. I'm not exactly enthused with her as a character as her funniest bits are when Anya can react to her inner monologues. But the combination of getting dunked on by Yor, the truth behind this stash of idol merch, and the promise that Yor and Lloyd will make progress. I think tennis arc turned out just fine.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

Lloyd you were so close

you were so close

He was close to death yes. He really has to learn that Alcohol and Yor are not a stable mixture.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Don't know if it got mentioned in this thread, but last month a one shot done by Endou Tatsuya got translated. It comes from the 2017 Spring edition of SQ Crown, one of several quarterly magazines. The story is about the daughter of medusa being adopted by a monster slaying soldier whose blood is said to be made of iron. What follows is some pretty adorable stuff

but it's also neat seeing the theme of "family brought together by circumstances" being carried over into his current work. Much like his Spy One-shot and the witch one-shot left artifacts in his current story as well.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

That was a cute read but that ending kind of ruined it for me. Sending Misha back with her abusive mother is not exactly a happy ending no matter how much it wants to sell it as such. It's horrifying, especially after she found a family that loved her.

Nah dude, in addition to what tsob wrote, the ending makes it explicit that the mother was still visiting her daughter in the gap between diary entries. Just showing up on the nights of the new moon which means total darkness so she wouldn't endanger herself. She freaked out sure and did not tell her daughter what was happening, but she isn't a terrible mother or a bad ending. Misha got a cool new uncle and aunt out of the deal and can live normally now.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Alacron posted:

Two things:
1. Holy gently caress those are some expensive keychains
2. No Bond! Bad! No eating the keychain!

I had to double take when I saw that price. That thing better unlock the ultima weapon or something.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It actually kind of hurt to see Damien So happy that he's nearly tearful just because his father gave him the bare minimum amount of attention and acknowledgment. Lloyd's going to have his work cut out for him now that he's trying to get Desmond to be a decent father figure for the sake of the operation

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I'm glad that Damien's friends have upgraded to Bro status. Mr. Green is also a really neat character, I hope he sticks around and the fact that he's Ex-navy probably hints towards that. The School could use a more surly character to toughen up the lads. He also left me with a not-so-subtle urge to rewatch Clue

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Desumaytah posted:

Loid being this masterful and hyperintelligent spy while also not quite getting that it isn't normal for members of your family to see the future or kick cars in half is one of the funniest things in the world to me.

Yeah my wife made the tennis ball into potato chips with one swing of her racket. Family life. Average. Yes.

To be fair, you wouldn't really be able to attribute Bond's behavior to future sight since he could just have easily smelled those guys coming. The wife being a freakishly strong fighter however has no excuse. Step up your game Lloyd.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

TWO vaulting boxes, that must be like One and a half feet in height

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It's a Yuri chapter this week no that that kind
mangaplus
Viz
So the Stasi aren't as overbearing as the early chapters depicted the culture of state police, or maybe it's just this instance because Yuri understands this guy's plight. Either way it's a nice gray chapter and if Yuri can keep this amount of siscon and seriousness consistent I'll like the character all the more

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Carpator Diei posted:

I'm not sure about that; it's not a good sign when even the children threaten to rat people out to the secret police. And Yuri still trailed that guy's every move for multiple days.

I guess I'm grading on a curve since I consider not also arresting the father just because of his proximity to his son and Yuri and the state more than likely delivering on financial aid to be better than expected :shrug:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mangaplus
Holy gently caress we're finally get a Yor arc. Also Rip Franky and his love life, at least he's good at his other job

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Also something that crossed my mind. I get people having special contacts at their workplace, but the way her chief phrased it makes me think maybe he's in on the whole shadow government. Otherwise I can't see a benefit to calling her at her job when previously we saw they call her at her home since there's a risk of people asking questions. Although it's a good thing they didn't call her at home because Twilight would have the phones tapped as a precaution.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Lloyd can't remember his wife is an assassin if he has a convenient amnesia inducing concussion. Cue Spy x Family devolving into repeated head trauma.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Honestly I think there's decent odds that Franky calling all those contacts might have pinged someone's radar and either they, or he, are the target. Would justify the chapter being mostly about him finding a cat. Or just good old fashion political traitor that needs purging :black101: and we just get more of the organizations structure and hierarchy.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Well we have two weeks to speculate their code names and with Yor's being "Thorn Princess" and I'm banking on the rest of them also having fairytale inspired code names. Gonna say one of the guys is named "Woodcutter" and his last name will ironically be Grimm.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

narm00 posted:

Mission 44 is out... and it turns out that this time Yor's on bodyguard duty.
I feel like this is softballing Yor killing other people but anything to get an arc where she can shine her skills

Alacron posted:

Who else is ready for the Boat Arc?
I really don't think you all understand what you're signing up for

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Nobody expects a bug beneath a chair

Honestly impressed whenever you have a guy who listens to dozens of bugs but can still focus in on the one sound he needs to find his target

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Mangaplus
Viz
Let the body count begin :getin:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

Yor icing that dude through the door is some top-tier poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx-F6VnLezM
All I wanted from this arc was for Yor to be able to flex her skills and murder some people. She's been crazy in the sense that she kicks cars, scares attack dogs, etc. But she hasn't gotten her hands dirty really since her introduction. Coupled with bodyguard duty and her director getting first blood last chapter I was worried how soft a ball the director would be pitching to Yor this arc.

I'm glad my concerns were unfounded.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Artificer posted:

I wish I could know how fast that ||button needs to be going to knock someone silly like that.||

I too sometimes use discord functions on bbCode forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
You go Circus Lady!