Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
This just in:

Hellas are actually cool and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Just hand Rube the next 100 scudettos while you’re at it.

Just be transparent about what’s happening at least.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

I gotta say, the past few scudettos have felt a little more dull and I couldn’t figure out why.

It just hit me though, the tears of Inter fans are waaaay sweeter than those of Napoli

Well, the club’s pure filth. History has clearly proven that. I’m not sure what’s wrong with pointing that out.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

If only we could be the paragon of fairness like Inter Milan???

Not being relegated for corruption would be a good place to start, yes.

It doesn’t matter anyway, Juventus will win the Championship for however long, ‘supporters’ with Pirlo-avatars on football forums who’ve been to the stadium they support a total of zero times will cheer a bit, point fingers at others mad and sad at the state of the Italian league and flop in Europe.

And that’s how it’ll be for eternity.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

It sounds, op, like you are mad.

And while it is maddening that this happens over and over it is not worth pulling out “REAL FAN” arguments.

Of course I’m mad.

But “tears umad lol” is, on the other hand, brilliant.

GreatestLurker fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 31, 2019

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Juventus cynical, Ronaldo so great, Sarriball, what a team, grinding it out even when not on form, what spirit, why can't the other teams just win, blah blah blah the usual poo poo

They'll win the next umpteen years as long as FIGC deems it

GreatestLurker fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Feb 2, 2020

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

That second penalty was ridiculous but they were going to win anyway. Pretty shambolic second half from Fiorentina.

I mean, if the opposition's imperative to chase points is deliberately scuffed at the score of 1-0 with a non-existent penalty, who's really to say what would've happened?

- the entire history of Juventus -

Dismissing it as "pfft, Juventus are so superior anyway that it doesn't really mattered if they are gifted matches, stop your crying" is partially what the club is built on.

GreatestLurker fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Feb 2, 2020

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Of course it matters but at the point of that penalty, at the 80th minute, Juventus had all of the possession and were the only ones pushing. Sczcz had gently caress all to do for 40+ minutes. If Fiorentina looked capable of doing anything at that time I’d have said something different.

Barring that Dragowski save on Higuain, Juventus had zero chances, and ended up with two goals from the spot up until that point. Fiorentina had that Chiesa backheel and a Benassi shot went just wide, much more than Juventus. Who cares about possesion.

GreatestLurker fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Feb 2, 2020

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Simone Poodoin posted:

I forgot to watch this match, was that pjanic gif above what was awarded as a peno?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1223956473526603776

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Simone Poodoin posted:

While that's an extremely soft penalty, from that angle it doesn't really look like the scandalous robbery all the meltdowns make it seem.

Looking at twitter it seems like the main complaint is that if this is a penalty, then why wasn't one awarded to Inter for a similar but much rougher incident, and I agree with that, the Inter penalty should have been given the other day.

That's not the best of angles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r424W8RmqQ

it shouldn't be. Young was never a penalty, whilst this is even worse.

It's probably also outside of the penalty area, but all this of course doesn't matter. fino alla fine :downsbravo:

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
borini goal coming up

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Hellas Verona and (noted striker) Fabio Borini fanclub,, gather round, please.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
We did it

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Simone Poodoin posted:

once more the corrupt refs favor juventus, what a disgrace and mockery

Hahahhahaa

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Simone Poodoin posted:

It's 2020, I shouldn't be surprised that everyone is a nazi sympathizer now

But enough about Buffon

GreatestLurker fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 8, 2020

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Ugh that sucks, but it’s probably the right thing to do. It’s spread to the south apparently.

How is that the right thing to do, when the matches were supposed to be played in empty stadiums? Why are they playing in the south? It clearly has nothing to do with public health.

The logical precedence is that every.single.home match that was to be played without fans in the affected regions shall be postponed, starting with Milan - Juventus on wedensday (whilst Napoli - Inter should go ahead, for instance).

Of course, this won't happen - since the schedule would be/will be too congested, and now a select few clubs will have the sporting advantage of playing matches in front of supporters while some won't.

Juventus got their way in the end. What a loving poo poo and corrupt league, but what else is new.

GreatestLurker fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Feb 29, 2020

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

canepazzo posted:

So it appears that the government/health ministry had given the go ahead to play with closed doors, but it was a decision by the FA to postpone. Just to add that the decision was not for security/health reasons.

Source?

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

They should make them play the day before.

Why?

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

gently caress em, that's why

Why?

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

because gently caress inter that's why, why on earth do you think I would have a real reason for this

Hmm great post

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

Do you really not know that he's a Milan fan?

I was enquiring about his post about Inter playing Sampdoria one day before Juventus.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

Hmm yes why would a Milan fan want their biggest rivals to have to play an increased congestive fixture list... :iiam:

You’re right. Not only was it a great post, it was also really substantial

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

Everyone else seemed to get it :shrug:

Alright

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
That sure was funny

On-topic, it seems the country will outright ban sporting-events for 30 days, and since the League has set the precedent in determing that matches can’t be played with empty attendances since (one club’s) ticket-revenues were more important than both public health and actually playing football matches, the tournament seems dead in the water

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
https://www.football-italia.net/154102/report-14-day-quarantine-remains

Fools. What a loving masquerade, might just not as well begin again.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Balotelli's a loving idiot, and peaked as a player when he was 17.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfLrRX_JAwk

Undisputed

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk7e5vDiwhM

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Hakimi for roughly forty million is some serious business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Inter (and Atalanta I'd assume) pushing for a week extra rest, of course.. I don't know if just for their specific matches or all of them.