Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

They're losing their mind. The new suggestion is now to play the postponed matches next weekend, and basically have the rest of the calendar slide by one week.

I have no idea what they mean by that. This weekend's matches that were postponed? Last weekend's? I think they have no idea either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

I can think of a nation with plenty of large stadiums avail

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Huuuuuuge, bigger stadiums that you could even conceive, some would say the biggest, just massive, best in the world

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Good morning to everyone except the assholes allowing this farce of a cup match to be played.

Forza Milan.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Maybe the FIGC decided to take matters in their own hands with regards to player health?

Tanc (I know) just said that France has blocked all events with more than 5000 people for health reasons, so all of their games are postponed. Not sure how true it is since he never posts a source.

Yeah that hasn't happened, as far as I know, at least it's not on any news site I've seen. The last thing I saw about coronavirus was Aulas discussing playing the Juventus leg of their CL match in a neutral stadium. The LFP could be considering something to that effect, mind you, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jason Sextro posted:

Yeah that hasn't happened, as far as I know, at least it's not on any news site I've seen. The last thing I saw about coronavirus was Aulas discussing playing the Juventus leg of their CL match in a neutral stadium. The LFP could be considering something to that effect, mind you, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Yeah I haven't read anything about it since. Usual Tanc talking out of his rear end it seems.

Unrelated, Boban said a bunch of things to the press about how Elliot and Gazidis have been dealing with transfers and managing the club, mostly to complain about how he wasn't happy about Gazidis approaching Ralf Rangnick without consulting with him and Maldini first. Elliot are probably going to fire Boban immediately because of this. Maldini is probably going to gently caress off too; I wouldn't want to stick around if I was him. What a loving shower of poo poo. Can't wait to celebrate the "made the most money for a group of billionaire american cunts" trophy.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

He's been suspended for a week for this, lmao

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Okay for what exactly?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

silvergoose posted:

Okay for what exactly?

Swearing, well, blaspheming.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

The Lega Calcio have had an exceptional meeting and decided that last weeekend's matches that were postponed will be played this weekend, and the calendar will slip by one week. Still no viable date for Sampdoria Inter unless Inter goes out of the Coppa Italia or Europa League.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

canepazzo posted:

The Lega Calcio have had an exceptional meeting and decided that last weeekend's matches that were postponed will be played this weekend, and the calendar will slip by one week. Still no viable date for Sampdoria Inter unless Inter goes out of the Coppa Italia or Europa League.

I mean, after what's been done up to this point, that is probably the most sane approach that they could take going forward. It's still extremely :shepface:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Well let's hope they crash out of both, for the integrity of the competition of course.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/nonleggerlo/status/1234603642042408960/photo/1

Zhang mad. Tho "Biggest and darkest clown I have ever seen" has a nice ring to it.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

https://twitter.com/nonleggerlo/status/1234603642042408960/photo/1

Zhang mad. Tho "Biggest and darkest clown I have ever seen" has a nice ring to it.

Zazzaroni firing up the gazzetta editors to put a picture of Kessie under that as a headline.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
are napoli fans going to start singing about the northern teams being a bunch of corona sufferers now?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi Galli posted:

Zazzaroni firing up the gazzetta editors to put a picture of Kessie under that as a headline.

mods!?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

are napoli fans going to start singing about the northern teams being a bunch of corona sufferers now?

They misheard and currently lay in wait for Chelsea fans

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Cagliari have sacked Maran after they settled in to 11th place instead of wildly overachieving. Seems a bit hasty.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Ronaldo's mother has a major health issue (believed to be a stroke). He's left the squad and is expected to miss the Coppa tie tomorrow, maybe more.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Inter are now demanding that their rescheduled match against Samp is played before they will take on Juve.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Inter are now demanding that their rescheduled match against Samp is played before they will take on Juve.

They should make them play the day before.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

They should make them play the day before.

Why?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

gently caress em, that's why

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

gently caress em, that's why

Why?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Tomorrow's coppa match between Juve and Milan has been called off, presumably because Ronaldo is unavailable :tinfoil:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

trem_two posted:

Tomorrow's coppa match between Juve and Milan has been called off, presumably because Ronaldo is unavailable :tinfoil:

It's not the first time Juventus have been inconvenienced by a bad stroke involving Ronaldo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

because gently caress inter that's why, why on earth do you think I would have a real reason for this

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

You joke but I guarantee you that's why.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

because gently caress 'em, that's why

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

because gently caress inter that's why, why on earth do you think I would have a real reason for this

Hmm great post

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

GreatestLurker posted:

Hmm great post

Do you really not know that he's a Milan fan?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

because gently caress 'em, that's why

I can’t argue with this logic but in my case I prefer all Italian clubs and supporters to be in a constant state of meltdown because this is by far the most entertaining thread in TRP

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

Do you really not know that he's a Milan fan?

I was enquiring about his post about Inter playing Sampdoria one day before Juventus.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

GreatestLurker posted:

I was enquiring about his post about Inter playing Sampdoria one day before Juventus.

Hi, I am new to the thread but I think the answer might be: Because gently caress Inter, that's why

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
long time lurker of the serie a thread here. just wanted to chime in on this one. I think the answer is: because gently caress inter, that's why

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

GreatestLurker posted:

Hmm yes why would a Milan fan want their biggest rivals to have to play an increased congestive fixture list... :iiam:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Hmm yes why would a Milan fan want their biggest rivals to have to play an increased congestive fixture list... :iiam:

Because gently caress Inter, that's why

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

You’re right. Not only was it a great post, it was also really substantial

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Bundy posted:

Because gently caress Inter, that's why

At this point it should be the thread title.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

At this point it should be the thread title.

*Makes extremely 70s English TV Italian stereotype gestures between this post, Gigi and the thread title*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

GreatestLurker posted:

You’re right. Not only was it a great post, it was also really substantial

Everyone else seemed to get it :shrug: