Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

You guys got a new logo to go with a new name (USD Palermo, formerly USC Palermo)

SSD actually, they’re only funded by USD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

The IFTV guys got to interview a couple of players (I think Veretout, Simeone and Chiesa himself) while Fiorentina was doing their US tour and the others all said the same thing. He must look insane or like a 10 year old.

Boateng rules. I’m glad he’s back in Italy.

I want to know if he really said mamma mia because that’s hilarious.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I could post a pic of me at 8am after a night out on the lash when I have no water in my body and look like a fit lad because I'm so dehydrated too.

Also all of that fat is conveniently stored just below where Big Rom's mirror stopped. Show us that spare tire Gonz 2.0.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

Actually now the story is that Sanchez has agreed personal terms at greatly reduced wages, and Inter are negotiating a fee for a permanent deal.

Please.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

Hellas got bounced from the coppa as well

Gigi Galli posted:

Chievo too

Star-crossed cloggers

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

curried lamb of God posted:

Depor just got Samuel Longo on loan, is he any good? He's been on loan 10 times so I guess not

He got loaned out twice as a youth team player. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

At this point why does Inter even have him on their books. His one first team appearance for them was seven years ago.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Simone Poodoin posted:

RAGAZZI!

The league starts tomorrow!

e: I think I'm gonna make this my new avatar soon

Nice hosed up thumb.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

BrBa posted:

Icardi has been given the number 7 shirt. It would be typical Inter if after three months of drama and pushing him out they just end up keeping him in the squad playing regularly. I wouldn't complain about it at all, though.

Guess that means Alexis to Inter is dead.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

BrBa posted:

Nah, they're haggling over his wages but it'll probably still happen. I guess he'll get number 17 or something.

Part of the haggling was him demanding the number 7.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

https://twitter.com/juventusfcen/status/1165278341601071104
smdh at this being a lineup from last year, with the exception of Gonz coming in

Didn’t Juve sign like 47 players in the summer? Where are they?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Big Gerv has killed Pjanic.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jason Sextro posted:

Am I to understand Rabiot has been poo poo so far? If so, lol

He looked like someone who hadn't played competitive football in almost a year, yes.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

He was really bad in his first summer friendly appearance, but then looked pretty excellent in the rest of them, so I'm not too worried about his performance yesterday. He should be starting over Matuidi imo.

Playing friendlies against the Hong Kong XI or whatever Juve did this summer obviously isn't the same as playing a Serie A match against Big Gerv and the boys but he looked slow and sloppy on the ball. Serie A is probably a higher standard than Ligue 1 as well so there's also that. I have no doubt that Rabiot is a talented footballer so you're probably right, he just needs matches.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

When was the last time Ramsey was fit?

April. His hamstring injury was apparently a pretty bad one.

In other news Sanchez to Inter appears to be done.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Simone Poodoin posted:

I don't know why exactly I think this but I think that Klopp is totally the vaping type

He actually smokes like a chimney.

There are clauses in his contract about making sure he has a smoking room in hotels on away trips.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

I’m just glad the team has a bit of Lasagna

I always feel Immobile after a bit of Lasagna.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I had forgotten about Juve’s new home shirt. :barf:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

How did Mertens not get booked there?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He’s a saucy lad.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

"We investigated and the noises were actually coming from the zoo down the street so everything is fine now. Lotito gets a raise."

They were actually chanting the intro to "Hooked on a Feeling."

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

An epic Acestream "Buffering 15%" tifo ftw

ESPN+ is so cheap it almost seems like stealing

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Simone Poodoin posted:

If they manage to get the "Man of Faith" aka "Christ's Goalkeeper" to swing with them, I will respect that.

I guess there’s nothing in the Bible about wearing ugly $200 graphic tees.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Or dining at restaurants displaying what I can only assume is luxury anime.

You’ve clearly been posting here too long to have even noticed that.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Maybe a reason to buy PES?

Also lol at the Giampaolo Out banner.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

I forgot about this Juve kit. I don't mind it, better than the blue sky with clouds one.

They’re bizarre looking only because you don’t think white and red for a Juve kit.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

Ah yes, a Costa pulled muscle where have we seen that before

Fuckin' guy

Lol at whoever just passed him the ball probably injuring him more.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I’m not sure why but I really like Fiorentina’s ground. Maybe it’s because it’s not an enclosed, sanitized, corporate monolith.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Ribery is still pretty good huh

He stays young by sucking the life out of underage girls.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

That's not a part of Sarriball!!!

*Smoking intensifies*

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

welp Demiral is a fraud too

Post and crossbar, lol!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

And then a fantastic goal for Hellas lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

GreatestLurker posted:

This just in:

Hellas are actually cool and good

Actually it is Juve who are merda

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Aaron Jamsey

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jesus loving Christ

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Anyone slap a link to the goal?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

That is a goal that Romelu the Large will score nine times out of ten. Good finish for Conte's boys.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Milan's skinny stripe kit is terrible, just throwing that out there.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lol, how did that stay out?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

BrBa posted:

I guess it's true that Lukaku is a flat-track bully, only scores against poo poo teams.

This checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

The top of each girone gets automatically promoted, and there's a really convoluted playoff system (that the promoted squads also participate in) that determines an ordered list of possible additional candidates to get promoted. This is a possible list rather than a set group because a lot of the time the teams that qualify for promotion don't actually want to or aren't able to register with Serie C due to grounds issues or amount of money they have, etc.

Palermo surely will target finishing first in their girone, and should do given the resources and support they have.

Nice new av.