Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
How does crossplay work with the superior frame rate on PC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Sammus posted:

It looks loving amazing on a Pro, and I haven't seen a hint of pop in. Im not sure how much having an SSD installed helps with that vs the stock hard drive though.

Also, I've already heard people called faggots and n words, so this truly is Call of Duty.

Are you on a 4K HDR TV or anything? I'm wondering what it looks like in 1080p.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Gordon Shumway posted:

This is certainly an :iw: game. It's got all their worst aspects in it.

What aspects do you mean?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

I tried to go back to BLOPS 4 after the beta and I can't even do it. Just feels like total rear end by comparison. I'll still probably play Blackout some, but I just totally lost interest in the multi and I was sort of on a kick before the beta. Not that BLOPS gameplay is even bad I just prefer MW to such a ridiculous degree it completely soured me on it and I never want to touch it again I think.

I haven't played Modern Warfare because I'm an Xbox poor, but BlOps 4 has been pissing me off lately with the high TTK. I'm emptying magazines at 3 enemies and they turn round and gangrape me. Hopefully in MW I'd be able to kill them all before they know what's happening.

Is this game anything liked Ghosts? I hated that game.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Who's getting hyped today? 20 minutes to beta launch for preorders right?

I'm hyped up to the eyeballs. I'm getting married this weekend so will hardly get any playtime.

Came on to post about this:

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1173997701563916288

Not sure if it was already posted about but all platforms get new MP maps day one, they're not timed exclusives on PS4.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

Anyone whanna play this on Xbone? My GT is “SandRifle”

And apparently my Activision ID is “Sandwolf”

You don't need this anymore, friend!

Game owns bones IMHO. Gunplay is miles away from any CoD before, but if you play it like BlOps 4 your will die.

CoD hasn't felt this fresh in years.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Combatace posted:

I really like a lot of things about this...except that I am not doing anywhere near as well as I used to. I used to be a solid 2.5-3kdr in every CoD I've played before, but this just feels...different. Maybe I just need to learn the maps more, maybe I'm just older and less twitchy.

The game plays completely differently than pretty much every other Call of Duty, certainly it's night and day compared to everything the past half decade.

You may need to slow down and take a more considered approach as I have. If I try to play it like BlOps 4 I get shredded.

Also, watch your trigger discipline. Weapons in BlOps 4 feel like laser beams in comparison.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

How do you do executions?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Is there a further Beta planned for Spec Ops or any other mode or can I uninstall the Beta now?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

I unironically support universal health and mental care coverage too. :hfive:

Welcome to the United Kingdom bruh :britain:

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

I leik milk. This is all sounding good so far, you can't use a lawyer to post this poo poo but hopefully they stick to the spirit of this, not just the letter.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

What's the download size for Xbox One X?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Can I give a call out to the graphics? I've only played multiplayer but it's, as they say, a generational leap over previous games.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Team Deathmatch score limit increased to 100 kills now.

Can we no longer cycle through killstreaks when we earn higher streaks? Sometimes I get a UAV and Cluster Strike in quick succession and I can't use the UAV til the CS is used.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Oct 27, 2019

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Hold the kill streak button and you can select one with the right stick. It’s never mentioned and I just found it by accident.

Ugh, overly complicated but thanks.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Personal Radar needs to die in a ditch and they need to have red dots appear on the minimap when people shoot as God intended.

Played a few matches of FFA and it's so hard to know where people are that I won a game with only 15 kills when the time expired.

Some pieces of amoeba poo poo were camping like sad wankers but overall the change they've made just slows the game to a crawl.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Ugly In The Morning posted:

You know what doesn’t help that problem? You can check your KDR on the scoreboard easily in objective based modes, but not in TDM, the one place where that’s relevant to the team. It’s frankly baffling and encourages the weird player behavior in a lot of modes.

Scoreboard doesn't show captures and defends on Domination until the end of the match. Weird.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

I have a persistent green dot on my Weapons tab but I can't find anything I haven't highlighted. How do I find it?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Spawns in this game remain loving retarded. Not only can you spawn directly into the reticle of an enemy, but the spawns flip so badly you could be trapped on a map even on TDM on St. Petrograd, for instance. Even with the other half of the map empty.

Get a loving grip, IW.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Challenges still not tracking. Why are they finding this so difficult?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Bravo 6 going dark. Multiplayer servers down across-the-board.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Dear pubbies.

Shoot.

The.

VTOL.

Jesus Christ, they all seem satisfied to get melted on Shoot House Domination by that thing.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Is the M4 still the best all-rounder assault rifle or have balance patches clipped its claws to make other ARs more viable?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

68.22GB update on Xbox?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Ok so it just says Incoming Transmission where Classified used to be. No update available from the Microsoft Store and nothing else happening.

Any ideas?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Update is out on XBOX (17.9GB) and PC (22GB)

I restarted and checked for updates again, it's downloading a 17.98GB update for Xbox One X. 1 hour 22 minutes on my connection.

Gigabit fibre can't come to me soon enough. Bullshit that there was no preloading though.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Manxome Foe posted:

Their BR is going to fail hard as gently caress if they can't make it so you get into a match quicker. The TTK is fast as gently caress, and it's taking forever to get into games, like 5+ minutes. You simply can't have that fast of rounds with this long of a wait in between if you want the poo poo to succeed in an already over saturated genre.

Everyone is probably still downloading it.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Protip: the parachute doesn't automatically deploy when you're close to the ground. I just broke my spine.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Warzone is great, I like that you automatically collect ammo because why would you not want more ammo?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Looks like Xbox Live is down.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Is Team Defender hosed for anyone else? Playing on Xbox tonight and when my team had the flag, the other team's points increased instead of mine. Then just before the end of the match, I got killed and dropped the flag, and before the enemy picked it up the match ended with score limit reached, even though their score didn't change. Time wasn't up either.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Man, we must like really different stuff about shooters.

I've heard people say animations are a downgrade from last year. Any thoughts?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

AK-47 in Cold War is a beast, so different than the MW rendition.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Cold War currently downloading a 19GB update after its initial preload from a few days ago. Xbox One X.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

mexi posted:

Death mics are so good. Had some 14 year old call me a virgin once.

How did he know??????

They can smell their own.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

jabro posted:

It’s funny. In the 80s and 90s it was generally assumed anyone over 13 wasn’t a virgin. Nowadays that’s not the case.

Dafuq?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

What maps would anyone like to see updates of? I'd love a remake of Overwatch from MW3. Also add in the G36C. Good times.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Qmass posted:

first impression of vanguard is pretty bad

Can you elaborate?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Will Warzone likely retain the Modern Warfare and Cold War weapons when the map updates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Agoat posted:

is anyone playing mw still?

I'm occasionally on the Vanguard DLC