Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Irony Be My Shield posted:

This thread is clearly an attempt to lobby for one side of the issue, perfectly demonstrating the broke-brained teamsports mentality surrounding the sorry Gamergate saga. Anyone discussing it should be banned because they will never stop trying to evangelize about this stupid loving issue that no-one wants to read about.

its actually about caca and pee pee in gamer culture

science fact: caca and pee pee in a petri dish is a culture of sorts, much like being a valiant gamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

This thread is clearly an attempt to lobby for one side of the issue, perfectly demonstrating the broke-brained teamsports mentality surrounding the sorry Gamergate saga. Anyone discussing it should be banned because they will never stop trying to evangelize about this stupid loving issue that no-one wants to read about.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Because the "other side" is being given carte blanche to post basically whatever they want on this parade of stupid, even stuff 100% concretely proven wrong. The current rule is "no gamergate, gently caress off". It should be enforced or scrapped.

I'll take either, and was fine with it being banned entirely.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Any of y'all ever go back to your home town and see that person who never left after high school?
They're still living in the same house, wearing the same clothes, telling the same stories and whenever you come around they make the same in-jokes that stopped being funny ten years ago because you went off and made new friends and learned new things.

They spend all night talking about how good things were back then, how much simpler everything was, even though everything still seems pretty simple to them. They also make some off-color comments but you don't mention it because you're only seeing this person for like a night and you're not trying to make any friction.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Any of y'all ever go back to your home town and see that person who never left after high school?
They're still living in the same house, wearing the same clothes, telling the same stories and whenever you come around they make the same in-jokes that stopped being funny ten years ago because you went off and made new friends and learned new things.

They spend all night talking about how good things were back then, how much simpler everything was, even though everything still seems pretty simple to them. They also make some off-color comments but you don't mention it because you're only seeing this person for like a night and you're not trying to make any friction.

Sir, this is QQCS not your blog.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

EorayMel posted:

Extend the rule to any discussions of Zoe Quinn or Gamergate, no matter how tangential. Paint the punishments with a broad brush here.

Both of them are so linked together that just talking about one is going to lead to the other regardless of how "isolated" it is and seems to be a very obvious and sad rule loophole.

I support this. OP should be punished, too, imo.

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
kettlebells

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

this may be the worst thread in qcs history

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

lovely Wizard posted:

Sir, this is QQCS not your blog.

I sincerely hope you find a way to reconcile with the world you feel has moved on without your consent before you completely isolate yourself.
Best wishes, dear goon

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pog boyfriend posted:

go back to fyad you egg layin on trollop

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

pog boyfriend posted:

Bold claim with the delete TFR threads on the same page.

I sincerely hope you find a way to reconcile with the world you feel has moved on without your consent before you completely isolate yourself.
Best wishes, dear goon

I hope you seek any necessary psychiatric counciling or, if you've been diagnosed, a return to your regiment of meds.

Get well, friend.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

almost every probation on OP's rapsheet is for either gamergate poo poo or "X group of people are subhuman" posts, OP you are a very bad poster and should probably just take this poo poo to 8chan or resetera or somewhere else where it'll get a better reception.

Also maybe re-read your opening argument because it kiiiind of looks like the only weird creep in the image is the guy being accused of crashing a game developer's wedding.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hello, as a Games mod I would like to clarify the MeToo thread that you are bringing up.

The Gamergate rule was put in place at the time due to any uttering of it bringing out some terrible posters. These posters would use gamgergate as an excuse to say some pretty hateful pieces and it would wreck any thread it happened to crop up in for a while. Gamergate is a touchy subject due to what it implies more than outright states. Often the claim is that it is about ethics in journalism because that provides those with an alt-right axe to grind something innocent to hide behind.

We do not want alt-right people posting on this message board. We do not want to tolerate them and their insidious nature.

The metoo thread involves Zoe Quinn due to the nature of the recent events involving her, a number of other women, and a developer. People are rightfully going to involve talking about her in it as her coming forward allowed other women to feel confident in doing so.

The thread is a place to discuss it civilly. Naturally some of the topic breaches into Gamergate as this whole thing has been brewing about it. It currently is the only place in Games (along with the NITW thread due to the developer of that being a focal point) where the mods and I are monitoring carefully to ensure those same gamergate alt-right talking points do not bleed over.

We are being very strict with moderation in both threads and based on your (as in any poster wishing to post) contributions you will at minimum receive a week probe should you not approach the topic sensibly.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

VideoGames posted:

Hello, as a Games mod I would like to clarify the MeToo thread that you are bringing up.

The Gamergate rule was put in place at the time due to any uttering of it bringing out some terrible posters. These posters would use gamgergate as an excuse to say some pretty hateful pieces and it would wreck any thread it happened to crop up in for a while. Gamergate is a touchy subject due to what it implies more than outright states. Often the claim is that it is about ethics in journalism because that provides those with an alt-right axe to grind something innocent to hide behind.

We do not want alt-right people posting on this message board. We do not want to tolerate them and their insidious nature.

The metoo thread involves Zoe Quinn due to the nature of the recent events involving her, a number of other women, and a developer. People are rightfully going to involve talking about her in it as her coming forward allowed other women to feel confident in doing so.

The thread is a place to discuss it civilly. Naturally some of the topic breaches into Gamergate as this whole thing has been brewing about it. It currently is the only place in Games (along with the NITW thread due to the developer of that being a focal point) where the mods and I are monitoring carefully to ensure those same gamergate alt-right talking points do not bleed over.

We are being very strict with moderation in both threads and based on your (as in any poster wishing to post) contributions you will at minimum receive a week probe should you not approach the topic sensibly.

I don't think this is a fair approach to the matter. You're allowing people to repeat lies and claims that have no basis in truth in relationship to gamergate "of old". Its not even " keep it to the most recent events" its full on allowing people to discuss gamergate events in a false manner.

Would I be allowed to post the image in the OP? Its a claim of sexual wrongdoing, and the thread is named after the #metoo movement. It encompasses sexual wrongdoing in gaming.

I also don't like the emphasis of alt right in your post, I'm a liberal, Im a registered democrat (i dont vote them down the ballot though) and in primaries and volunteer around election time. The way you phrase it is clear to imply that the things I'm talking about are without merit or part of some weird political drudgery. The only poo poo I'm non liberal on are gun rights and a few non major issues.

That aside, I legitimately think is a bad decision. She's hurt transgendered individuals, her partners (excluding 'suicide guy'), and smeared other people.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

LouisF posted:

at least someone with the name "fistgrrrl" could figure out a d-pad

What's your Patreon

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sid Vicious posted:

What's your Patreon

I'll make one later thank you for being a fan

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

LouisF posted:

I'll make one later thank you for being a fan

You're a true artist

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Is there a rule against pming Lowtax or is his email (or twitter) the preferred contact method? Just checking for the proper gooniquette.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

lovely Wizard posted:

Is there a rule against pming Lowtax or is his email (or twitter) the preferred contact method? Just checking for the proper gooniquette.

Do you honestly think lowtax cares about your gamergate bullshit?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

lovely Wizard posted:

Usually people just message him on Facebook.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

lovely Wizard posted:

The proper gooniquette is to shut up forever about gamergate, lmao.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

lovely Wizard posted:

Lol you self-righteous dork, take the hint that nobody wants to hear about your pet troll topic and drop it instead of running to teacher about this IMPORTANT CLARIFICATION. Or don't. You suck is what I'm getting at here

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Namtab posted:

Do you honestly think lowtax cares about your gamergate bullshit?

Sometimes Lowtax steps in for an executive decision, theres a chance he just nukes the thread, or bans me, or nukes the thread and bans me. Or doesn't do anything and just laughs at me. I feel like its worth rolling the dice when the thread is basically treated as a gamergate expansion pack except no truth allowed.

Over There posted:

Usually people just message him on Facebook.

Thanks.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

lovely Wizard posted:

Sometimes Lowtax steps in for an executive decision, theres a chance he just nukes the thread, or bans me, or nukes the thread and bans me. Or doesn't do anything and just laughs at me. I feel like its worth rolling the dice when the thread is basically treated as a gamergate expansion pack except no truth allowed.

Thanks.

Youve already had a decision from the admin who also is named after and moderates your hobby, not sure lowtax is going to override that just to indulge your hatred for someone

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

lovely Wizard posted:

visit him at his office if he still has it. its in the middle of nowhere, possibly a desert, i dont know which american state its in. i dont know what his working hours either are but i assume its at least a regular 9-5 job for him due to all the effort he expends on this site

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

lovely Wizard posted:

An abuser who has sexually harassed people, gaslighted and abused partners, and scammed trans employees out of money owed should not be immune from being called out. So yes, I hate her, because she is an abusive wretch of a person who is treated as a hero by loving internet losers.

Every person who endorses her version of events loves spousal/partner abuse, gas lighting, and hates transgender individuals.

So why'd you vote for trump

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
He's a little busy posting in his Gaming Garbage thread, I don't think he has time for this.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lovely Wizard posted:

can i speak to your manager

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

This dude mad about gamer gurlz

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

littleorv posted:

This dude mad about gamer gurlz

Hi score girls

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Imagine Baloogan's old avatar but instead of peckerwood being increasingly angrily and frequently repeated it's Gamergate.

Or "Zoe Quinn" I don't give a gently caress. Punish anybody tangentially though totally-not-talking-about either of them like what the OP is doing right now IMO.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

lovely Wizard posted:

Best way is probably to make a post in both GBA and FYAD stating your intent. Signal boost by using the ATTENTION or BAN ME tags. If you include an inline image of the goatman in the OP he is sure to come and rule in your favor.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Did not think this would end with cyberstalking the owner but that's a pretty funny twist

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

lovely Wizard posted:

lmfao

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Did not think this would end with cyberstalking the owner but that's a pretty funny twist

Please elaborate??

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Over There posted:

Please elaborate??

I like your av

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Thanks bud

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

in a thread called “could the mods clearly state rules on zoe quinn”, i in ten minutes find a clear stance, the op ignores it, the admin of the website reiterates the extremely clear stance, and now the op is calling foul because he doesnt agree with it. truly amazing

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Yours kinda scares me tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

to clarfiy, the owner of this site has back problems requiring extensive surgery and is growing a flock of grey hairs and has a family of his own and although he does care about what goes on in this community, something titled a phrase so stupid that i wont even type it out that amounts to "was quake 4 really an 8/10 game or did big pharma pay off game informer???" nonsense isnt a priority.