Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

It was a Tesla so it was for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

It's a Dodge Viper now.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Bit the car and killed the engine.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
V-Tech yo!

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Manager Hoyden posted:

When the cat gets off the chair the snake is latched on. The car got bit by a venomous snake.

How do you know if that's a venomous snake or not, and how do you know it is latched.
(this is a trick question, you don't know either of these things)

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Grape posted:

How do you know if that's a venomous snake or not, and how do you know it is latched.
(this is a trick question, you don't know either of these things)
Do you not know that you can generally identify venomous snakes by the shape of their head?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

When you find yourself envenomated after getting bitten it's probably a venomous snake

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Whereas if you get sick after eating it, it was a poisonous snake.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

blunt for century posted:

It's a joking reference that became less of a joke with chuds over time. There has been a longstanding "rivalry" in the gun world between 9mm and .45ACP as preferred handgun ammunition. The idea is that since .45 is bigger in diameter, it has more "knockdown power" than the 9mm. The counter to that is that you get more 9mm in a magazine because of it's smaller size (compare ~9 rounds of .45ACP to ~17 rounds of 9mm) and the 9mm projectile moves much much faster due to the reduced weight . Then chuds disparage 9mm because it's metric and therefore anti-America, so since the US had used .45ACP for decades, it gets tied in with the weird deification of anything Americana, and becomes "God's Chosen Caliber"

Some people refer to it as this sarcastically, some chuds refer to it like that half sarcastically to cover the fact that they're fully serious.

Gun culture was a mistake.

tldr: Americans don't understand physics or even the basic Newton's Laws, so they think "bigger is better", like everthing else in America

Further after the M9 pistol was selected to replace the M1911 in the 80s there was a bunch of NEW THING BAD OLD THING BETTER carping since the M9 had it's teething issues (while the 1911s in service were clapped out WWII era guns, but this doesn't get remembered by boomers) and special forces units kept using .45 cal guns (for reasons relate to their specific duties and because they had the money to buy new production guns that weren't worn out) so therefore it's "better."

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus Christ

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/sortarican__/status/1294357095366754304?s=20

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

He even tries to stop her from smashing it, so I'm assuming it's real...unlike that stupid rear end banana hoax bullshit.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Dude still got paid for his work, it's just that he was also paid in public opprobrium.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
"Ha ha, I have smashed this item I just paid for! Take that!" is some real "I'm bleeding, making me the victor" energy.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

KoRMaK posted:

Do you not know that you can generally identify venomous snakes by the shape of their head?
This is a myth. Snakes in the viper family (like rattlesnakes) generally have triangular heads, but the more-venomous snakes in the elapid family (like cobras, coral snakes, and most of the Australian snakes) have normal snake-shaped heads, the same shape as the generally non-venomous colubrids (like garter snakes, corn snakes, gopher snakes, etc.). And many non-venomous snakes that live alongside vipers will flatten out their head into a triangle when threatened to mimic a viper.

There's absolutely no way to tell venomous snakes from non-venomous on a global level, all the little tricks and rhymes people share are regional at best.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sunswipe posted:

"Ha ha, I have smashed this item I just paid for! Take that!" is some real "I'm bleeding, making me the victor" energy.

They trained her wrong on purpose, as a joke

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

No one would pay money to humiliate someone.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Considering consequences, it would've been more expensive to break it without buying it first.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Knormal posted:

This is a myth. Snakes in the viper family (like rattlesnakes) generally have triangular heads, but the more-venomous snakes in the elapid family (like cobras, coral snakes, and most of the Australian snakes) have normal snake-shaped heads, the same shape as the generally non-venomous colubrids (like garter snakes, corn snakes, gopher snakes, etc.). And many non-venomous snakes that live alongside vipers will flatten out their head into a triangle when threatened to mimic a viper.

There's absolutely no way to tell venomous snakes from non-venomous on a global level, all the little tricks and rhymes people share are regional at best.

Well, well, well, looks like we got a real herpetologist here, fellas.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Its a super young python it looks like, I doubt it could even really bite the cat effectively at that age and they have no venom.

lmao when did you get an ahegao avatar

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

lmao when did you get an ahegao avatar

I don’t want to talk about it I’m being bullied

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

This is from the last page but I thought it was pretty much a matter of record that .45 was chosen as the caliber for sidearms out of racist imperialism - the US was having a hard time with resistance in the Phillipines and wanted an upgrade to deal with tough brown people.

I also wonder if some of the arguments/whining about the shift from 7.62mm to 5.56mm as the standard rifle round in the Vietnam era might be getting conflated with the .45 versus 9mm arguments/whining.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

some people see the world very, very differently from you.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

CaptainSarcastic posted:

This is from the last page but I thought it was pretty much a matter of record that .45 was chosen as the caliber for sidearms out of racist imperialism - the US was having a hard time with resistance in the Phillipines and wanted an upgrade to deal with tough brown people.

I also wonder if some of the arguments/whining about the shift from 7.62mm to 5.56mm as the standard rifle round in the Vietnam era might be getting conflated with the .45 versus 9mm arguments/whining.

There's always whining about going to a smaller caliber. Loads of Korean War vets swore blind that the .30 caliber M1 Carbine couldn't even penetrate the enemy uniform. They KNEW this because they'd fired several times and the target didn't go down. Not possible that they missed, no sir. People are still bitching about 5.56 today, and there are constantly rumours that armies are going to go back to 7.62, or switch to whatever the current meme cartridge is: 6.5 Creedmore, .300 Blackout, etc.

Strumpie posted:

some people see the world very, very differently from you.
Yeah, I think it's the difference between people who see flag burning as offensive to the flag's nation, and reasonable people who see flag burning as someone burning their own property.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The way to tell if it's a venomous snake is to let it bite you and if you die it was venomous. This works for all animals too. Black widow? Venomous. Gila monster? Venomous. Tiger? Venomous.

Edit: That lady paid money to publicly humiliate that artist and call him a piece of poo poo and it rules.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

well let's pay it forward

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

lol

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/gsehbqM.mp4

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

They're just being tsundere burrito-san

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

He looks more than a little turned on

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

I still don't know where I got this from it just appeared as my avatar one day.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
https://i.imgur.com/u5oVvUL.gifv

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

This was bought like 4 months before the video, she didn't buy it day of. Her husband bought it as a gift a while ago, and I guess she didn't want the loving thing in her house anymore.

Props to her but also maybe don't spend $5k on art even as a gift, lady smells bougie as hell

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

Sunswipe posted:

6.5 Creedmore, .300 Blackout, etc.

probably both, those two rounds have completely different roles

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
i got blackout drunk in creedmoor once.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Tax is streaming gaming garbage, he's already worn out his "lol, my wife beating arm" "joke" a couple of times,
stream was booring, but the hate in comments was semi amusing.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

lol down to $661 a month

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Second biggest. First was making it public like this so we can all point and laugh at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Goddamn. Being online long enough to live through the FedEx arrow scare of '04 was supposed to inoculate me from future cursed knowledge schad. What the gently caress.