Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
The far future is exactly like the 1940s except that ships are now masculine and people wear many jackets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Kellanved posted:

New thread, not a SCAM anymore!

Anything new happen with space-court in the last few months?

Space court is still on. Crytek got new lawyers, filed a $500,000 bond with the state (because they’re an out of state corporation who presumably can’t be trusted not to skip out on paying CI not-G’s award if they lose; this is actually not that unusual), and iirc discovery is happening.

Also, did you miss the Forbes article? Because that was a treat.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Naming anything “iSomething” unless you are actually Apple is extremely 2002 in my book :shrug:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Bootcha posted:

Where is my mind?

love it :discourse:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

TheAgent posted:

I said it before on the argcast a lifetime ago, but once our economy crashes in 2020 or 2021 star citizen is dead

What if the US economy crashes but Germany does fine? Will be a different game if so.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Tippis posted:

Maybe I should add it to the list…

To be fair, you should add the Sagrada Familia to the list.

stupid sexy frog

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Dyeing all the green pixels blue runs up the tab.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Nyast posted:

To be fair, the same thing happened here. Did you forget the "Skadden will crush CIG ?" and "it's Skadden we're talking about here, not some amateurs" and "Skadden wouldn't touch a case they weren't 100% sure to win".

Result: Skadden got replaced and half of the claims are out of the picture.

True, and I was one of the “doubt Skadden would touch this unless it was super strong” but to be fair that was based on actually being familiar with Skadden’s reputation and its big win in the ZeniMax v. Oculus matter, not just fanfic about how some 60-year-old judge might secretly be “a gamer.”

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

A rare sighting of the dude who’s always raising one eyebrow when he’s not raising the eyebrow. He looks 60% less annoying.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Thoatse posted:

Lithium grease is not ideal for input devices, it doesn't take long for vital elements to evaporate and leave the mechanism feeling ratchet-y and honestly isn't even that smooth when fresh and has very poor damping properties. Use a real deal damping grease for joysticks/throttles/input devices operated by (shaky) human muscles. Nyogel 767a has no equals and makes simple mechanical devices feel like they have complex hydraulic damping. It's super high viscosity but because it's engineered for this has far less stiction tendencies (especially with age... this poo poo last practically forever) than anything else I've come across in years of searching. A small tube is a lifetime supply and a worthwhile investment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59F9qUDNwnQ

https://www.oveready.com/flashlight/nyogel-760ga-damping-grease-25g-tube/

and put some yogurt at the bottom to really carry the flavor

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Strangler 42 posted:

like when people accused sandi of being a racist and the next week Money showed up on the show to do... something?

The next week, the building manager (a black lady) showed up and seemed completely bemused by everything. Then they figured out that hiring an actual black filmmaker made more sense, and so we were blessed with Money.

If anyone writes a book on this, they better interview that building manager. She Saw Things, I know it.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

zebedy posted:

to me the iconography in that youtube video i posted signals "dystopia". its creepy and authoritarian. but as far i can tell its played totally straight?

Yep. Lorville looks like the movie Brazil, down to the ubiquitous billboards and the giant pipes spilling sewage, but it’s supposed to be a fun place to visit :shrug:

The plastic bag helmets also creep me the gently caress out, because all I can think of is Heaven’s Gate. :sandance:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

Congrats to Charlie Hall for 7 years of advertising a scam and here's to 7 more! Although personally I prefer to think of Star Citizen's seventh anniversary as the fifth anniversary of the first missed release date.

I am still dumbfounded by the dude who was reposted here (many pages back) who tweeted something along the lines of “it was seven years ago today that I backed SC on Kickstarter” and then in the same loving thread tweeted “now Star Citizen is five years old.”

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

That is lovely lore. The loremasters are not good at their jobs. Boo!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

SoftNum posted:

I also constantly question if "excellent English" is UK for "Whites only" because of course it would be.

Eh, er, roight me lover.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Munin posted:

The US is a place where a well paid lawyer thinks they can only barely get by because healthcare, education, etc is so expensive. Major medical emergencies are not nearly guaranteed to end with a GoFundMe or medical bankruptcy.

Health insurance really is a huge hidden cost that needs to be considered when comparing US salaries to other countries’ salaries. Even if you don’t have any health disasters and have an excellent plan, it’s going to be thousands of dollars per year in most jobs.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

Corporate executives, ivy league university professors, and the upper crust still have old school indemnity plans, where there is zero cost sharing and the insurer (often the institution itself) just quietly pays 100% of every claim. A few years ago I stumbled across a presentation from a benefits consultant where they talked about the three tier market-- 100% fully paid claims for top management, ACA compliant peasant class insurance with cost sharing, and finally skinny plans that are only partially ACA compliant but lack a ton of essential benefits for the company's temps/expendables that keeps them alive but only just.

My husband’s extremely fancy employer offers amazing insurance but it costs us like $7000 a year :shrug: And my Ivy full professor friend has a $5000 deductible or something like that.

Even the platinum plans are being eroded or costing more and more each year.

AlbieQuirky fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 1, 2019

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

AbstractNapper posted:

The chain of delays is probably to all force being redirected to the ShitCan demo.

Gotta dazzle the money cows.

This happens every single year, too. It’s like CIG has a constitutional inability to learn from their mistakes.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

his nibs posted:

I've noticed a lot less Kayak since this thread moved from it's own hugbox of ~dreams~

anyway here is another pet

https://i.imgur.com/asS4hz0.mp4

droola droola

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Popete posted:

This 10 second sequence where the guy is just unloading 30+ rounds into a NPC standing still and never having to reload and then the ship jittering around is just too good.

It's so much worse than I imagined and this is their curated version of the mission. Unloading hundreds of rounds into NPCs that just stand there, the player seemingly taking no damage.

That looks like abject poo poo.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

I literally have sweaters (jumpers) senior to that person.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Tsar Mikey posted:

Everything sounds like it's named after lovely McMansion filled, HOA-locked subdivisions. Hurston Homes. Levski Acres. Olisar Estates. Stanton Gardens (a 55+ community).

I would expect nothing less from someone who self inserted via "Roberts Space Industries."

It’s like he didn’t understand that the movie Brazil was a dystopia. So it’s billboards, ductwork, and sepiatone all the way.

Featuring Sandi as the Katherine Helmond character with bad plastic surgery and a shoe on her head.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

Looking good! Only about half of all the features in the quarterly patch have been cut this week! At this rate they might actually ship an item or two in December!

:tif:

Also, Cloud Emporium?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Strangler 42 posted:

George Lucas also coasted along with the help of a lot of other smart, creative people that did a lot of the work but he took all the credit and let it go straight to his head. And then he decided he could do it all, and better, by himself and that is how we got the prequels. With fart and poop jokes, racist characters, more focus on visuals than the story.

Marcia Lucas was an exceptional film editor who deserves a lot of credit for the first film’s success.

Sandi Gardiner is a human being. I think.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

iron buns posted:

Star Citizen: PayStarCitizen.com

:hmmyes:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

I once went to a conference on distance learning that was held in the same hotel, at the same time, as the International Mr. Leather pageant.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Viscous Soda posted:

I'll go with:

4) The "Citizens" from CitCon trying to recruit dentists into the Star Citizen scam.

Of course, dentists may be receptive, since SC is about as fun as pulling teeth at this point.

No offense to any dentists here, but as a whole, dentists are gullible as hell. There was a dude selling fake Subway franchises to dentists on the east coast of the US a few years back who would have gotten away with several million dollars if he had known when to quit.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Popete posted:

Also that prison break video lol, it's just a guy walking down empty corridors and then jumping into a ship. There isn't anyone even attempting to stop them.

Seems like breaking out of prison in SC is pretty simple actually.

The prison cell looks exactly like the wankpod, except you don’t have a door for the toilet. Lots of toilet paper, though.

I mean, the whole prison just looks like all the other habitats :shrug:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

So I don’t understand why people are always saying, “Well, you’ve gotta admit that Star Citizen looks great” when so much of it looks like this :shrug:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Tokamak posted:

The turbo button is temporarily disabled in the PTU.

Yeah, but they moved Johnny Four-Jackets to Lorville! :colbert:

trucutru posted:

I haven't ever heard of idiots marketing and promoting their feudal lord for free. I'm just saying.

War.

And extra points for the Crusades, where idiots fought and died so that their feudal lord could skip the lines for Heaven.

AlbieQuirky fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Nov 28, 2019

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

trucutru posted:

Yeah, but they didn't do it for free. It was for the salvation of their soul.

For the salvation of the lord’s soul as well as theirs, though. Even when the lord stayed home.

But yeah, it is worth more than a free t-shirt.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Elderbean posted:

What's the actual market for Squadron 42? Chris seems to think everyone in the world will want to play it.
We've had mocapped animations for awhile now, tons of "cinematic" games exist. Even if it came out, who would give a poo poo?

I mean, the same people who give a poo poo right now, so not enough people.

Interesting to find out that Ben has actually been doing work for SC all along, and kudos because none of the sentences he wrote crashed anything and nobody clipped through the lore. Sure, it’s tedious and derivative, but it’s actual work product :lesnick:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

mdxi posted:

Does the mom in this mortgage ad look familiar? Asking for a friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGo3_FZxBpI

If that’s Sandi, she had some excellent work done.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Wrecked Angle posted:

I wonder what some PoE streamers think of Star Citizen...

https://clips.twitch.tv/PhilanthropicCuteTrollFailFish

I am so old I thought “Portal of Evil streamers?”

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Everyone already took mine except for Pixelemonade. That poo poo made me laugh like an idiot.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

I for one was sure that this was going to be the end of Crime Robbers

nevertheless

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Watermelons have never come back, either.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Can people just stop forever with the “you have to admit it looks great” about Store Citizer now? Because :itwaspoo: and it will always be poo.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

That teaser really doesn’t look great compared to actual games that are finished and available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Pixelate posted:

:lol: what’s going on now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHSZQ7yXD3w

3.8 seems to have broken entity scale or something. Full vid here: TINY STAR CITIZEN!!!

:swoon:

The full vid is worth zipping around in. Tiny Citizen wandering through the plants is :sandance: