Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

marvel: "we have a new comic book show!"

me: eat poo poo. gently caress you.

marvel:

https://twitter.com/MarvelsMODOK/status/1303750507287031808?s=20

me:

I assume this will be based on super villain team up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The movie The Dead Dont Die should have been better than it was. It is aggressively ok.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Would have been better movies.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I watched the Maltese falcon for the first time. I enjoyed it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I like Mandalorian

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Treasure of the Sierra madre is a good movie. I'm enjoying the bogart/Huston films.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/sarafischer/status/1327215945027362816?s=19

Oof

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

the film blob is still enjoyable even if the pacing and special effects are out dated

The McQueen film? I'm watching that one tonight.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Tonight I am watching my first early John waters' film. It will be multiple maniacs since that is what is on HBO Max.

Earlier I watched Anchors Aweigh. It is a bit long, but the song and dance numbers were very enjoyable. The movie also tap dances around the plot being about 2 navy sailors trying to get laid. Gene Kelly's character is a massive jackass and womanizer. Sinatra's character is a very nice young man who is desperately wanting to lose his virginity because he nearly died.

Last night I watched The Man Who Knew Too Much. The ending is a hell of a 15 minutes.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 00:29 on Nov 15, 2020

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Just watched the Frank Sinatra, Grace Kelly, Bing Crosby movie High Society. The movie made me angry overall because gently caress these rich people. The song numbers were good which redeems the movie. The Crosby/Sinatra duet is a delight.

https://youtu.be/KQoszMqQ7mw

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Singin' in the rain is a very good movie

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The future

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

All the President's Men is a great movie. Almost wished it was an hour longer covering until Nixon resignation.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Just finished up the Francis Ford Coppola directed film "The Conversation" starring Gene Hackman with Harrison Ford, John Cazale, Cindy Williams and Robert Duval. I enjoyed this film and would recommend it to others. The slow, quiet pace of the film leading to the climax and ending was interesting. I think in our society of being under surveillance 24/7 it is a really interesting movie.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I do not understand the appeal of pete davidson

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The Guantlet and Tightrope are both ok clint Eastwood films.

10 to Midnight staring Charles Bronson is interesting, but a bad film.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Glad I picked Riverdale over the sopranos. This show rules.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The Lodges of riverdale are gusanos

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Casablanca is very good

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The Parallax View will make your brain vibrate

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

i've been on a bit of a conspiracy movie kick so anyone feel free to throw out additional suggestions, already did three days of the condor and day of the jackal

Have you seen Klute? It is on my list.

Manchurian Candidate, All the President's Men, The Man Who Knew Too Much, The Converstation, They Live, and Enemy of the State are all great.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 21:31 on Dec 5, 2020

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Xanadu sucks. Do not watch

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The Package (1989) starring Gene Hackman, Joanna Cassidy, Tommy Lee Jones,, John Heard, and Dennis Franz is a good Political Thriller. Bit of domestic gladio with the backdrop of end of cold war peace treaty and nuclear dearmament treaties. I recomend.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Serf posted:

i think people hated that segment of the original episode so much that they did this to make them even angrier

I've been wondering if this is some bit.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Big news for nerds
https://twitter.com/TheSWU/status/1336839301422833665?s=19

I hope it is just a tv show that is good. :unsmith:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I know a lot of people are down on Marvel movies, but I'm excited for the Fantastic Four and hope it is good. I just was them going up against Mole man, frightful four,, psycho man,, annihilus, namor, doom, or galatcus and the movie being good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

You would have better odds going to Vegas and taking a massive diarrhea poo poo on the roulette wheel.

Maybe, but I can hope.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

mysterious frankie posted:

There is no way he’s not showing up long enough to get murdered (ideally by Adam Driver. I find the idea of Adam Driver murdering all of Ford’s iconic characters, freeing him from endless geek recursion, pleasing), forcing us to accept that Shia LaBeouf is the best the present can offer us.

He may also get actually killed on set, because he is old and brittle and things really like crushing him, but I can’t imagine he definitely only agreed to this because he was promised a fake death.

Ford seems to actually want to do this film, but says Indy dies with him

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 18:57 on Dec 11, 2020

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Watching enemy of the state for the first time since the 90s and crack ping
https://youtu.be/zvLf2gqSJ98

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Watching the Larry Sanders Show for the first time. It is very good. The weirdest thing is Garry Shandling is 42 when this show premiered. He looks over 50

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I recommend the Larry Sanders Show

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The Dirty Harry series has not aged well past the first movie. Some real reactionary poo poo.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

DesertIslandHermit posted:

The CGI poo poo bothered me the most about all that. But yeah, I’m getting weird feelings that they want to make Mando part of THE BIG PICTURE instead of just a space dad trying to do his job.

Disney is doing like 8 other shows. I am okay with more Jedi shows if they give other kinds of characters their own show. If the Rogue Squadron movie ends up having a character be force-sensitive, I am just going to tap out.

Bad news about the source material

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The alfred Hitchcock directed Foreign Correspondent (1940) is a very good movie.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Aglet56 posted:

hey, I was just watching this too! the male lead is hilariously creepy when he meets the female lead. 30+ notes sent to her table with messages like "how about breakfast" and "what do you think about big families". the original sliding into DMs

Agreed! Watching a lot of old 30s, 40s and 50s movies and the creepy misogyny is all over and changes in weird ways. The ending to the movie was great and unexpected.

Check out the 1934 original "the man who knew too much". I need to check out the 1954 remake, but the OG has an insane 20 minute finale.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Imagine i linked the numerous Mr. Potter is the hero takes.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

God loving forbid any streaming service has a Christmas movie that isn't a lifetime movie.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

KomradeX posted:

At somepoint in the last 20 years every Christmas movie became that.

Like what's the last good Christmas movie made before they all became RomComs? Elf?

A Christmas story 2?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

babypolis posted:

who the gently caress watches all these netflix movies with word salad titles like "the princess switch: the christmas knight"

Feliz naviDAD starting mario lopez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Eox posted:

i know they wrote around it but it's still very conspicuous that wonder woman wasn't interested in WW2

There is a background picture of her liberating a concentration camp.