Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?
Holy poo poo Russia is doing really well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?
Gatsyev is a machine.

Japanese wingers are too quick for them but they hung in there.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Russian Fullback looks like the Cowboy Cop from every 80s/90s action comedy ever but has he ever played a good game tonight.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Wait Beaver and Sumo are the commentary duo for Spark Sport? Holy poo poo I may actually not be pissed off by it for once.

It’s not quite the same without having to say “shut up Justin” every 5 mins tho

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

I guess I’d classify myself as a casual Rugby fan but gently caress I hate line drive tries zzzzzzzzzz

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Slumfrog posted:

NZ v SA kickoff is about an hour and a bit still yeah? Time to make some burgs, grab a drink before the main event. Have managed to somehow miss every Boks game so far this year so been looking forward to this bigly.

Sorry to all if I have been posting too much. I live in a rugby desert, so I am taking the chance to gorge on the stuff this World Cup.

Nope it’s in 5 mins

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Oh poo poo TJ bringing it

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Kolbe is a loving ninja. Mad respect for that guy.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

BREAKING

Wayne Barnes has called a forward pass

This is not a drill

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Aramoro posted:

Reece Hodge just copped a 3 week ban for his tackle on Yato

Wow

Also holy poo poo I knew there was going to be an upset at some point but I completely wrote off Uruguay as one of the completely lesser minnow nations.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Steve Hansen being treated like a celebrity in Japan and awkwardly bowing at everything is hilarious to me

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Wow I could see Japan beating Scotland

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Holy
poo poo

I’m turning Japanese

I really think so

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

I kind of don’t want to think about what that means for the quarter final matchups because they deserve this if they can finish it off

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Holy poo poo they are going to do this

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Japan going to win Pool A

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Vagabundo posted:

If Ireland remain 2nd, they face the All Blacks in the quarters, and they'd probably be in a bit of a point-proving mood, I imagine.

Thats what worries me

But if Scotland beat Japan then Ireland are out?

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Prince Harry has looked good kicking since Beggar came off

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

I <3 Sumo

“When he says Foul play it sounds like Foreplay”

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Ok now where is the token irratible pissed off Cheika shot

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Roll Call for all Kiwis staying up on a school night to watch the ABs kick off at 11:15pm local time

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Aramoro posted:

A moment of silence please for our Canadian brothers who are about to die.

It looks super hot and humid like uncomfortable sweaty balls hot down there

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Canada fans - just curious. Has there ever been anyone on the Canada rugby team that had NHL bloodlines?

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Reiko not doing himself any favours so far

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Having the Barretts completely dominate this game probably isn’t helping with that whole world thinking we are all related thing.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

gently caress yes Uruguay!

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Aw dammit I wanted back to back cards

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Namibia has come to play!

Also Because I’m a child every time I hear the Namibian hookers name I keeping hearing “Funny rear end Smell”

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

I haven’t paid attention to 7s in years but Namibia looks like they should be good at it
Are they?

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

I think the entire country would riot

https://twitter.com/TheACCnz/status/1182452379335049216?s=20

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Yassss I am so excited for this game

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

USA looking ok against Tonga so far...

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Holy crap Lolohea is a unit

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Did anyone get a gif of Nigel Owens running into the camera after one of the conversions in that Tonga game?

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Nigel Owens confirmed to ref the ABs Ireland quater final

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Important information for All Blacks fans

Where is Richie McCaw and is he anywhere near Japan right now.

If he is not near he needs to stay far far away

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Rabbi T. White posted:

....? Why?

I mean, I don’t care... but I am curious as to why.

*whispers* The Curse...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11873973

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

el dingo posted:

OK so

Rugby: all blacks
Hockey: black sticks
Cricket: black caps
Basketball: tall blacks
Football: all whites

Then netball: silver ferns

Cant forget about the Ice Blacks!

https://www.instagram.com/nziceblacks/

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

I’m happy to hear and see from Conrad Smith again but yo I thought that guy was getting lawyer money now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Pail Ale posted:

Who lost a shoe?

Think it was Mounga